PDA

View Full Version : Dejiko of Di Gi Charat ^-^

*Sugar*
01-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Hello, I've been working SOOO hard on this costume, and I've been trying to make it Just right! I have worn it to one con so far, and got alot of good compliments on it, but I want to know if any of you can help me find a way to improve it even more.. ... what do you all think?

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/Ranma/NeonGE_4681Dejfix2.jpg

any sugestions -nyo?

makonurikoryoko
01-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Wow thats really nice! :D Definitly looks liek you put alot of hard work into it, its so unhappy seeing half-assed Dejikos. I think the only thing is possible do your gloves a bit bigger? I think I may have done mine a bit too big when i did mine but i wanted a super big, poofy, squishy, Dejiko costume :D ::hugs her own Dejiko costume:: nyo! Maybe the bells on your head bigger :3 but I understand they are hard to find. I just wish you had a pic of the back and the bow and tail.

Denisse
01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
I think it looks great ill have to agree with makonurikoryoko the gloves could be bigger but everything else i love.^_~

mitylene
01-27-2004, 11:47 PM
I really like how you made you dejiko costume! :) It's really awesome!

*Sugar*
01-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Thank you all ^_^ even before I went to this con, I also thought about making my gloves bigger, but I didn't have time... x_x;;; {hat to finish a Pyoko and Puchiko costume too} It'd probably help of they were bigger... maybe I can make a pocket in em ^^ *had to throw my loose change in my boot, and paper money rubbing against my hand all day in the gloves XD ~And after reading this, I got back into the costume so I could take a back and side shot, here it is ^^:;

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/Ranma/back2.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/Ranma/sidesm.jpg

And makonurikoryoko, I checked your gallary, and I think yours is cute ^^ I love seeing what other people did with their costumes ^^

makonurikoryoko
01-28-2004, 12:52 PM
:D thanks

Oo I lik ethe way your tail came out! It sticks up nicely! Awesome

Sammie_San
01-28-2004, 02:32 PM
EeEeEe Dichi ^^ I loved your costume it was so purtyfull I loved it. OOOO THe Puffyness!! -huggles the puffyness- I think the bells are great and shouls stay the same -ducks- no one hurt meh! ahem. .anyway but as for the gloves -nod nod- I think they should be bigger as the previous peeps said ^^ good good ideas.

BTW I joined this site so I could get some imput on my costume that Im making at the moment becayse I just called my grandma and she doesn't know how to sew X.x So im on my own. .so yea. .was looking at some Rikku costumes too. .so yea. .

Ali
01-28-2004, 05:59 PM
That's really impressive! I love the floofiness!!

I really think there is little to improve... good job! I suppose you could make the gloves a little bigger and more paw-like (the feet are superb, by the way). And, though I adore the bells you have, if you wanted to, you could make those larger.

Excellent costume! Where're you planning on wearing it next?

*Sugar*
01-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Thankies! and I think it's settled, I should re-make the gloves!! and for the bells... unless I can find an easier way to make em... I'm content with how they are ^^;; *those things took days to prepair and adjust... till I finally got them to the point where people had to ask if they were metal or plastic...* ~they actually jingle~ Well, now that I know how to make em the right way... I might concider re-making em, but It'll have to wait for a bit... I still have to make a few more costumes for a few other people.. x_x;; ...

As for my next con, I'm gonna be going to Colossal Con #3! ^^ It's in March! I can't wait! I'll be great!! ^^

Sammie_San
01-29-2004, 03:35 PM
-nod nod- I think the bells look fine. . . ^^ and Yea I can not WAIT till colossal con. .So exciting YAY!! Do you know who all is suppose to be going?

Sorahana
01-30-2004, 03:35 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!! Best Dejiko ever! Your costume..its..........oh heck its the best! You did such a nice job on it! You rock ^o^.

laerry
01-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Yay! I've been watching this costume develop for a few months now, and it looks fabulous! I love the bells, and that they jingle. The feet are great, too. I wouldn't worry about the gloves. I just thought you chose 'functional' over 'perfect to the character, but not practical in reality'. One can go either way with cosplay ^_~

*Sugar*
02-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd like to thank you all again for your comments, and .... I gots another question ^.^;; {sorry heh} ... I was looking at pictures, of me, other cosplayer, and general pictures... Does anyone think I should make my tail longer? ... that was the other thing I was kinda unsure on... or do you all think that it's long enough?

Bobbi
02-08-2004, 10:18 AM
You know I LOVE your Dejiko! It's just perfect! I do agree with the gloves though, they're more like uber puffy mittens. I think the tail is fine as it is. I forgot if you had the blue ribbon tied around the end of tail or not at the con. but if not, don't forget to add that. the bow faces the floor. =)

Miaka No Baka
02-08-2004, 01:33 PM
I think it looks good, What method did you use to make the bells? I think her tail comes from underneath the skirt though. Here's a good picture I have of dijiko ^_^; It looks like that to me but I dunno ^_^; If it is attached under the skirt then yeah it might need to be a little longer other than that I think it looks good.

Miaka no Baka

Bobbi
02-08-2004, 02:10 PM
ahh inconsistancies! =P

Actually in the original Di Gi Charat episodes, her tail is attached to the back of her dress. If anyone repemebers the episode where her tail falls off and the two fan-boys find it in hell. =P I haven't paid much attention in recent series, (cause I'm a puchiko fangirl hehe) but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

On my Dejiko figure (one-legged and dusty ><), her tail is attached to the back of her skirt under the bow.

Miaka No Baka
02-08-2004, 02:35 PM
ahh interesting lol why do they have to make it attached differently in different pictures X_X

Miaka no Baka

*Sugar*
02-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Hello All! so, you say keep the tail the same length? Okies, thanks!! ^-^ I was also debating that before I went to the con, and Also, about the blue ribbon on the tail , I was sticking to the original series {3 min eps} where she didn't have the bow...

{ish a side refrence pic... I guess her tail really isn't that long... ^.^;; }
http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/Ranma/Heynow.jpg

Reguardless.. do you think I should still put the bow? o_o;; ... or still leave it off like in the original series? *still leaning towards original* ...

Aer
02-08-2004, 09:45 PM
That's so adorable!!!

I agree on the gloves, they could use a little more "floof" to them ^_^
Also if you wanna make it perfect, it does look like the tail comes from under the skirt...

But I love it! You look so...plushy! XD

chibi_kitsune
02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Wow, that's a really great costume!

liquid nia
02-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Wow! I love the bells and especially the petticoat, the detail is awesome! Very nice job, I like it a lot!

AnimeGrrl7
02-09-2004, 01:23 PM
wow impressive!!!

Kitsune_rei
02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
That costume is awesome! How do you people find bells that big?? ~_^. Only thing I'd say would be gloves too. Tail looks good to me, her tail is pretty short.

*Sugar*
02-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Hehehe, Thankies~ And about finding the bells~ I couldn't ^^;; I had to make em XD And about the gloves, I plan to remake em really soon, and hopefully post a piccie of those to get further critisism~ ^_^ Thanks all, you all make me feel soo special!!