PDA

View Full Version : Singing more than listening?

aeva
11-08-2002, 09:04 AM
mmmmm.... while vocalizing to "Evolution" by Ayumi Hamasaki to-day, I realized that even though its a really nice song to sit and listen to, it's SO much more fun to sing along with. Its fast. It lacks rythym. It's DAMN FUN. ^^ Does anyone else have songs they REALLY like singing to?

I also like singing these more than listening:
"Evolution" - Ayumi Hamasaki
"Shinging Collection" - Gravitation
"I Can't Become a Gentle, Good Girl [the Baka Song]" - Ranma 1/2
"One-Third No Junjou Na Kanjou" - Rurouni Kenshin
"Go To The Light" - Star Ocean Ex
"Can You Keep a Secret?" - Utada Hikaru
"Traveling" - Utada Hikaru
"Yakusoku wa Iranai" - Vision of Escaflowne

Actually, I plan to enter a karaoke competition with either "Shining Collection", "Evolution", or "Go To The Light". @.@

.....ya, this thread was REALLY redundat. ^^;

psythe
11-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Excel Saga Opening Theme ^^;

:thumbsup:

Alaria
11-08-2002, 12:09 PM
heehee, Love Hina opening theme is crazy fun to sing to!! So hyper and fast...
I love singing ALL the vocalized stuff from FF! I love the opera from VI esp, I'm thinking of doing that for Karaoke. And its so fun busting out one-winged angel or liberati fatali from FFVIII opening in the shower...Latin sounds so much better in the shower!

Umi
11-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by aeva

*Bow's to aeva* Man... I'd never be able to keep up.

As for me:
"Thinking of You" by Bonnie Pink
"Stay Away" by L'arc en Ciel
and oddly enough
"Kiseki no Hana" from Initial D (either version)
and any Judy and Mary song

Chosuke
11-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Strawberry sherbert <bakaretsu hunters>
Easy action <gravitation>
Courage <Weiss kreuz>
Bosanova casanova <Weiss Kreuz>
Schwarz <weiss kreuz>
Forreal <saiyuki>
Fiance <utena movie>
Rinbu revolution <utena>

and thats only a few..

aeva
11-08-2002, 01:09 PM
*Bow's to aeva* Man... I'd never be able to keep up.
^^;;;; I have it pretty much down. just about memorized. Just... keep trying. Then do it over. And over. For incredibly long periods of time. You'll get it.

Chosuke
11-08-2002, 01:18 PM
I did that with easy action..though its not nearly asfast I dontthink o.o;

Kia
11-08-2002, 02:40 PM
Voices <- Macross Plus
Yakusoku wa Iranai <-Escaflowne
Vector <-Escaflowne
Yubiwa <- Escaflowne
Aoi Hitomi <- Escaflowne
Hikari No Nake E <- Escaflowne
The Day the Wind Blows <- Escaflowne If anyone knows where I can find the karaoke to this soong, PLEASE let me know! ^_^
Rain <- Cowboy BeBop
Call me, Call me <- Cowboy BeBop
Duvet <- Lain
Dekeni <- Some group called Olivia...sorry, spelt the song wrong...
... and the ending song to Devil Hunter D

Hard part is that I don't speak or even understand Japanese, so I have no idea if I'm pronouncing anything right. ^_^

And Disney songs! :)

Michi
11-08-2002, 02:58 PM
I can't really think of anything, right now, but I agree that Akane's Baka Song is something that's more fun to sing with that just listen to. ^_^; It's not any audio masterpiece. >_>

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Iced Earth-Dark Saga, The Hunter , The Suffering Mini-Opera at the end of the CD-Scarred

Slave to the Dark

A Question of Heaven

Anime Songs:
Evolution-Ayumi Hamasaki
Copperia no Histugi-Noir
Obsession-.Hack
G Gundam Opening Theme
Sakura Wars(OAV) opening theme
Love Hina-Sakura Saku

Mei Lan Chang
11-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Oh dear...from an early age I learned I was not vocally gifted, so the only time I ever sing is in the shower, and even then its usually showtunes sung horribly off key.

SleepingKirby
11-08-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Alaria
heehee, Love Hina opening theme is crazy fun to sing to!! So hyper and fast...

That's what I thought too until I heard One Piece's Run!Run!Run! And I thought singing Sakura Saku was hard... I have to admit though, Sakura Saku feels more... pink.

KnuxieChan
11-08-2002, 07:36 PM
>Excel Saga Opening Theme ^^;

OMG! If we ever meet, ya wanna sing it together?! I love that song! Some more songs I'd do is..

Bastard!! - I'm In Trouble /and/or Monochrome Trouble
DarkStalkers - The Trouble Man
My Neighbor Totoro - Sanpo
Pokémon - Mezase Pokemon Master
Di Gi Charat - Manatsu no Akihabara

^^' If I can remember the lyrics XD

Galaxia
11-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by psyth3

Ohhh yeah! ^____^

Other songs to sing to
"Wandering Cowboy" by Aoi Tada (Ed's Japanese VA from the special edition Bebop CD box set. It's sooo much fun ^__^; )
"Ride On Shooting Star" by The Pillows
"Call Me Call Me" - Cowboy Bebop
"Blue" - Cowboy Bebop
"Want it all back" - Bebop

ryuichi fangirl
11-13-2002, 08:47 PM
mmmmm.... while vocalizing to "Evolution" by Ayumi Hamasaki to-day, I realized that even though its a really nice song to sit and listen to, it's SO much more fun to sing along with. Its fast. It lacks rythym. It's DAMN FUN. ^^ Does anyone else have songs they REALLY like singing to?

I also like singing these more than listening:
"Evolution" - Ayumi Hamasaki
"I Can't Become a Gentle, Good Girl [the Baka Song]" - Ranma 1/2
"One-Third No Junjou Na Kanjou" - Rurouni Kenshin
"Go To The Light" - Star Ocean Ex
"Can You Keep a Secret?" - Utada Hikaru
"Traveling" - Utada Hikaru
"Yakusoku wa Iranai" - Vision of Escaflowne

Actually, I plan to enter a karaoke competition with either "Shining Collection", "Evolution", or "Go To The Light". @.@

.....ya, this thread was REALLY redundat. ^^;

Hey if we ever get the chance to go to a con together I wanna sing Shining Collection too!! That song is so great..and it's Kappei Yamaguchi ^^

Hmm..I also like to sing
1. Heart of Sword Remix ~ R.Kenshin
2. To the Light ~Star Ocean EX
3. Love Phantom ~ B'Z
4.eXDream ~ X

aeva
11-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Ryuichi fangirl, you have good taste in tunes. ^^

ryuichi fangirl
11-13-2002, 08:54 PM
^^;;;; I have it pretty much down. just about memorized. Just... keep trying. Then do it over. And over. For incredibly long periods of time. You'll get it.

^^ how long did it take you to learn? I got it after about six ( non-consecutive) hours..fun song...

*singing* Garasu no bedo ni toraware no motion
Tesaguri de shukujo wa kamikudaku ...

Umi
11-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Blah.. it wasn't until ryuichi fangirl reposted aeva's list did I realize that she had a 1/3 no junjou na kanjou in there. ::sniff:: I love that song... ::sniff:: I love Siam Shade. Oooh Hideki-san! ::licks his leather-panted leg::

Ayaka
11-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Oh dear . . . lol ^^;;; I can and do sing along to nearly everything people have posted (a couple I don't know) . . . even if most of them are too high for me . . . I've done 1/3 Junjou na Kanjou at karaoke, though there's that one part that's almost too low for me . . .

I'm still trying to learn Around the World from Initial D, though. I've almost got it down, but not quite! I won't stop until I can do it!

I want to get someone to do the Excel Saga ED with me (either version), lol. Sadly I think I'll have trouble getting someone to howl and bark like a dog . . . OOH does anyone know the Siam Shade song, 1999?

Umi
11-13-2002, 11:16 PM
Ayaka: OMG! ::hugz:: Are you a Siam Shade fan too? They are my favorite Japanese rock group.. (well was but let's not talk about that right now) 1999 is one of my favorite songs. I translitereated the lyrics from the CD booklet cause I had to sing along with it =D

I also really like Can't Forget You. To tell you the truth I can't make up my mind which of the two is my favorite.

Bell-chan
11-13-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by psyth3

yeah! The first time I watched it, I thought it was so crazy, it was cool! I have the full version of it, and it's...wackier? Yep, well, considering where it's coming from, I can understand that. I find myself singing to the anime songs I "listen to" without knowing it.
>.<

Squall-chan
11-14-2002, 02:25 AM
I have a very long list but I'll just list a few...

Gackt/Malice Mizer:
All of them, every single one...

Weiss Kreuz:
Epitaph
Velvet Underworld
Other Side of the Moon
Truth
House of Love

Siam Shade:
Black
Setsunasa Yorimo
Rain

L'Arc~en~Ciel:
It's The End
Blurry Eyes

aeva
11-14-2002, 06:38 AM
. . . even if most of them are too high for me . . .
My problem is just the opposite! I have trouble projecting out lower notes. ^^:;;;

ryuichi fangirl
11-14-2002, 07:05 AM
...Move is a good group., and so is Larc~en~Ciel.....how about V6 ( they're so hot!)?

Ayaka
11-14-2002, 11:13 PM
Umi - Yep. ^^ I haven't got any CDs yet though . . . only just really found out about them. But I'm into it! 1999 would be such awesome karaoke, I think. ^^

Aeva - Then together, our karaoke could conquer the WORLD! Muahahahah! lol. No, seems like there are a lot of girls out there who can do "Kiseki no Umi" without straining . . . and then there's me, who's occasionally "out-ranged" by a male singer. >_< I've nearly hurt myself more than once with Kiseki no Umi . . .