PDA

View Full Version : Magic Dance!

Aly
01-27-2004, 08:20 PM
My friend & I are doing Jareth & Sarah from the movie Laberynth. I think that will be our masquerade costumes, & I was thinking of coreographing a dance to the song 'Magic Dance' & having a pupet for Jareth to sing the opening lines:
"It Reminds me of the babe, What babe?" ect with. Ending with the line "Slap that Baby, Make him Free!!" Having Sarah slap Jareth. It's a total of 1:10 does anyone think that this is too long? I think it's 10 secs over last years limit. Would this be a problem? (this is for Anime North) what do peoples think of the idea in general? thanks! :)

Saffi
01-28-2004, 12:04 AM
last year i was in the masq at AN, and it ran long.. even with them dimming the lights at about a minute...

my friends who were in the audience even said they cut down the times to almost 30 seconds due to it running so long.

It's probably a better idea to try and cut it shorter than a minute... just to be on the safe side... don't know if i can really help much more than that.

Major good luck tho! Labyrinth is my favourite movie and I'll definitely be on the look out for you.

have fun..

-saff

Aly
01-28-2004, 08:14 AM
hum... I'm just trying to think of a good place to cut the song short... :S Maybe after the part that goes "What kind of magic spell to use... Then Baby said - Dance Magic Dance" & end it at that. :S I wish I knew how to edit songs. Anyone know how to do that? :) Tell me what your cosplaying as & I'll keep an eye out for you too!

Saffi
01-28-2004, 08:22 AM
in the masq i'm hopefully going to be a samurai pizza cat with my friend.. i'll be the pink one.. :-D

as far as editing songs go.. if you've got a cd burner.. the best way i can think of, is recording the parts you want on to your computer and cropping it in there, then burning it to a cd.

Aly
01-28-2004, 08:40 AM
:) that's cool! Hope to see you there! I'll have lots of costumes though... :S at this rate around 4-5 XD

Skullez
01-28-2004, 04:56 PM
awe thats so cute!!! my friends and i are gona go next year to dragon con hopefully as the wild things...or whatever thre called! i already have the fully layout of the costumes all i need is fabrick and suplies and im off !

Eleryth
01-28-2004, 07:10 PM
At AN in previous years, you used to be able to email them, and ask them if the time of your skit was ok and why you needed it that long. But due to the large number of entries, they stick with the 60 seconds rule - and I think that's from when everyone is on stage, or including the prewritten stuff you give the MC (if you need something voiced over, not 'this is so and so from this series').

I don't think they were cutting the times down. It would seem like it, sometimes, but the people who run AN are very careful, and wouldn't do something like give someone 30 seconds if they said everyone has a minute. It wouldn't be fair. But if you reached that minute, well, then they dimmed lights and all that.

I think it would be really cute, too... I love labyrinth.

Aly
01-28-2004, 08:13 PM
:D I'm going to make a Goblin Puppet for my hand to talk to when Bowie sings "it reminds me of the babe... what babe?" & have him replying to me. Also for the "what kind of magic spell to use..." part. I want to cut out the part right after The begining talking part, & put in the Magic spell part right after. Then I could get the slap in & I think be under a min :D Now I just need to make the vest, do the coreography & find a wig! XD