PDA

View Full Version : My Chii costume

Skullez
01-28-2004, 06:07 PM
hey. i wore this last year to anime weekend atlanta 9 =^.^= !
I wanted to dress up this year because i was a guest artist and i just wanted to be adorible! so i decided to go as Chii. But i was not to worryed about my wig cuz i knew i was not gona get a long haired wig for cheep in a short time haha !

im just seeing if this is okie for possibly one in a few months for a new con outa state? or should i change some things about it?Chii (http://geocities.com/spooky_cosplay/awa03/3.jpg)

animeneko
01-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I like it, it's really cute! ^_~ I don't see any obvious mistakes, but I don't have a picture to compare it to. Could you post one you used? Thanks, I love it!

ichigo
01-28-2004, 07:05 PM
I like the dress a lot- it really flatters you and fits the Chii look.
Few problems~ The headpiece really doesn't go, in my opinion. It's not only the single white thing you're wearing, but it's also the only lacy thing on you, and that seems a little out of place. Maybe make another headpiece without quite so much lace?
The lacy headpiece may, of course, be exactly what Chii was wearing in our reference picture, but I don't know which ref. picture you used...so sorry if I'm picking on something that was there in the original design :)
The hair-spools look disporportionate... maybe find some smaller/thinner ones.

Anyway, looks cute otherwise.

Skullez
01-28-2004, 07:16 PM
I like it, it's really cute! ^_~ I don't see any obvious mistakes, but I don't have a picture to compare it to. Could you post one you used? Thanks, I love it!

aw! well im glad ya like it thus far! lol i just remembered i forgot my chocker!

LOL actualy no i dont have a photo of the image i used cuz i kinda made it up myself! but i did base the courset off one of chii's twins thing. i kinda consider it not complete cuz i m missing a few things.

but thanks over all =^.^= ! im working on a real costume from chobits now lol!

Skullez
01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
I like the dress a lot- it really flatters you and fits the Chii look.
Few problems~ The headpiece really doesn't go, in my opinion. It's not only the single white thing you're wearing, but it's also the only lacy thing on you, and that seems a little out of place. Maybe make another headpiece without quite so much lace?
The lacy headpiece may, of course, be exactly what Chii was wearing in our reference picture, but I don't know which ref. picture you used...so sorry if I'm picking on something that was there in the original design :)
The hair-spools look disporportionate... maybe find some smaller/thinner ones.

Anyway, looks cute otherwise.

hehe!! thanks for teh coments on the dress and such !
i do agree about the head pice. the lace was not my fave thing over all.
but usualy chii wears a lolita head pice and it keeps the ears in place. lol! im wearing black and white striped sox w/ the dress ..you just cant see it uz of the angle.

butyea the dress is half and half f the soctume that i used cuz i was not that skilled in seeming to do it so i kinda clashed it.

LOL !! yea i hate the spools!!! this was last min but they worked out okie. but they like to slide around.
but i have got new ones i made myslef from some clay and i painted them =^.^= !
but thanks for the tips!! i aprecheate the honesty!