PDA

View Full Version : COMMISSIONER REVIEW: Maggifan

DoodlePanda
05-31-2012, 02:05 AM
UPDATE: As of a couple days ago I finally received a full refund on the unfinished commission. I don't intend to take this down as I feel other people should be forewarned about this, especially since I don't think I'm the first person this has happened to.

I posted this in the commissioner review thread, but as I am quite irritated right now I wanted to get this out there in multiple locations so others can see what is going on. I have my emails saved, and I am going to quote them. I've been nothing but polite and respectable, but quite frankly I am tired of letting her walk on me and I am done being nice because I know for a fact that I am NOT the only one that she has screwed over. I've got multiple sites and forms of communication listed for her below, and I am currently awaiting a response from her.

If the issue is resolved I will be sure to post an update, although as of right now my emails are being ignored.

Name of Commissioner: Maggifan

Websites:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maggifan/283568458353252?sk=wall
http://maggifan.deviantart.com/
http://www.cosplay.com/member/48711/

Character commissioned: Zell Dincht wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received!

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Commissioned back in October of 2011 to be done by the end of the 2011 year, it is now May 31, 2012

Describe your Experience: Let me just say this has been thus far the worst commissioning experience I've endured, ever. I emailed Maggifan back in October requesting a quote on a Zell Dincht wig, and explained I would need it by the end of the year (end of December '11), to which she responded would be no problem.

To: s***********@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Cosplay.com ; Wig commission quote request :3
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:38:09 -0600

Hi!

Thank you so much for your interest!
No problem, in some cases cosplay pics are very helpful.
I can sure do this wig commission for you. ;D

The cost for this wig commission is $157

This includes:
-Wig
-Shipping
+cost
+insurance
+tracking #
-Paypal fee
-Materials
+gel and spray
+box
+foam head
+extensions
+net
+tape
-Labor work
+Set up
+Analyze
+built Widows peak
+attach it
+style and cutting
+packing and handling

I could have this wig done before the end of the year.
Let me know if you would like to proceed with the wig commission order.

Thank you and hope to hear back from you.

~Maggi (Nobodies-C-wigs)

I wound up paying 100$ upfront, then the additional 57$ a couple weeks later, as we agreed upon. So I was set and decided it was time to play the waiting game, until that point communication was good and things going smoothly. Until I finally was forced to email her come December 8, 2011 because I hadn't heard from her.

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:19:34 -0700

Hi!

No bother at all. ;D Yes, I got your second half. I'm currently working on only one wig during this finals week since I don't have much time but I will be working with yours as soon as Finals are over. (Monday will be my last day)
I'm really looking forward to start working with your wig, I just want to get school projects out of the way to focus on your wig.

Thank you so much for your patience. ^-^

~Maggi (Nobodies-C-wigs)

Then nothing for over a month, when I emailed her again on January 25th of 2012 asking, very politely mind you, if she had any updates as it was past the due date I had given her. I was understanding, because the holidays had just passed and everyone is busy.

She replied the next day, fairly quickly, with another excuse.

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:03:08 -0700

Hi!

Sorry for not giving you some updates!
I been working on your wig, I made a weft for the widows peak but I failed at it and I'm making a second one. I want to make the wig style the most successful I'm capable of. I'm calculating I will have your wig done by early next month if the weft I'm working is successful.
In order of get the sideburns styled properly, can you tell me your forehead size and head circumference?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggifan/5713299567/in/photostream

Thanks!

~Maggi (Nobodies-C-wigs)

I then emailed her March 8th requesting an update, and she promptly responded the same day.

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 19:34:55 -0700

Hi!

No problem! You haven't been a pest at all, is my fault for not keeping you updated.
I had some problems as I told you before and I had to start working on another wig commission that was almost over-due.
I don't have any other wig commissions due this month so my whole focus will be on yours since I been delaying yours for too long already.
I'm sure I will get the widows peak right this time so I'm calculating I will have the wig done in around one week or at the latest two weeks.
Hope is alright! If you need the wig before, just let me know and I can always upgrade it to express shipping to make sure it arrives in time.

At this point I don't even want the damn wig anymore, my cosplay group has fallen through and I have no use for it. Although that is beside the point, I paid her and I had received nothing. So I sent her an email on April 13th, and she responded within a couple of days with:

Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:32:07 -0600

Hi!

Sorry about your group,
I was actually going to contact you on the update. It appears I'm incapable of doing the widows peak and I was thinking to give you a refund instead of keep trying and delaying the work. I'm sorry about failing at this style, this has never happen to me before. -__-; I can give you the refund or I could make another style for you if you like.

Since then I've sent her four emails, and I've noted her on Deviantart, and I have gotten no response. Of course I don't doubt for a moment I am being blatantly ignored, as she frequently updates her Facebook and Deviantart.
I am not at all the only one that has had this issue, and I only wish I had noticed sooner how unreliable she is. It's a shame because the wigs she does DO look amazing, but it is not at all worth the risk!