PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com meetup/group photos?

Sami
01-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey all!

Just curious if there's going to be an official cosplay.com group photo meetup thing at Anime Boston. ^___^ I'm trying to plan my costumes and I'd like to know when this would be so I can plan outfits accordingly! :dance:

hikura
01-31-2004, 10:29 AM
As of right now there will be meeting of cosplay.com memebers at animeboston.We are going to hold a meeting at this room they are calling "The Clubhouse".This way you can meet other memebers and get pictures and talk with them.Just like we did last year.There will also be a drawing for free prizes again this year.The prizes will include some dvds,pocky and other stuff.Be in fact this will be a good thread to start asking when a good time for the meeting to be held.I was thinking either 2pm on friday or at or around 7pm on friday.I was leaning more towards 7pm one this way everyone who is from out of town will be in town by then.Please speak and let your voice be heard so i can eveuntally get the Clubhouse reserved for a time when they are taking reservations.

Sami
01-31-2004, 12:19 PM
I like 7pm for the same reasons, it gives everyone time to arrive. :D Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Saiban
01-31-2004, 02:19 PM
Don't expect me in the picture scene. >:/

hikura
01-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Don't expect me in the picture scene. >:/
Why not?Afraid of camera like i am lol.All kidding aside.You do not have to be in costume to get your picture taken you know.Espically if you see your favorite character and want someone to take a picture of them and you.Most people do not bit.Those who "bite" are only nibbling on you cause they like you(a sign of affection lol).

Michela
01-31-2004, 10:41 PM
A cosplay.com meetup at Anime Boston sounds wonderful! I'll plan to be there to meet everyone! As for a time, I would also agree on Friday at 7 PM (as I have no plans after craftsmanship judging.) Now, all I need to do is find where the clubhouse is! (I couldn't find it last year :::has the directional sense of Ryouga::: ) I'll definitely bring my camera, and if anyone does *not* want to have their pictures taken, they simply need to tell me and I won't be invasive. ^_^
I'll be excited to see everyone again!

shiroi_yukiko
01-31-2004, 11:51 PM
I will actually try to make it to the meetup this time! ^^ ...I have notorious skills as missing photoshoots/meetings. But I'm going to make it to this one!

Genki Chan
02-01-2004, 01:54 AM
7pm sounds great. gives people time to get there, get dressed, and enjoy the con a little before going to the meetup.

Kurthy133
02-01-2004, 12:26 PM
i was gonna ask about a cosplay.com photoshoot/meetup too - 7pm sounds good to me! and like warumono - i always end up missing them >< I missed last years one, so i better not miss this one ^^;

<3

hikura
02-01-2004, 03:14 PM
If you do check the map of rooms they have up on the animeboston webpage.You will find out the club house is on the 4th floor again this year but it is in a different spot.If you come up on the elevator you turn right.At the desk area you need to turn right again and it is down the hall.Worse comes to worse just ask one fo the staff memebers of the con lol.Thank you for everyone responding to what a good time is for the meeting.

Michela
02-01-2004, 04:22 PM
o.O The dreaded 4th floor... (for one with a very bulky costume, the steadily narrowing hallways are a nightmare... they make great "horror" stories, though... that, and the stairways to the 4th floor... I call them the "wing crushers." XD) Thank you for the directions! I'll most likely draw a blueprint of the building and follow it to find the room. I'll be excited to be at my first cosplay.com meetup! (At every one of the conventions I've ever attended, I've missed the cosplay.com gatherings ^_^)

Kairi G
02-01-2004, 04:23 PM
please dont let it be too early on friday, lots of people will be coming up on friday, and may not be able to make it by 2, i know my group will just be getting there at about 2ish, so later at night is better! cant wait to meet you all there!

MoonLitDemon2
02-01-2004, 08:42 PM
sounds like fun! i can't wait to meet all the awesome ppl on this site and take pictures of all the differen't costumes!
AHHHH THIS IS GUNNA BE GREAT!
and i also agree with 7 oclock cuz there are also some people that might not be able to get to anime boston till after school (one might be me but i still haven't asked hehe)

Sami
02-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Yay, photos! ^____^ What's everyone going to be wearing? I'll probably be either OVA Kenshin or Camus (from Suikoden II), depending on which days I wear the costumes. ^^

Jun_Kazama
02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
A meet up sounds cool, I'll definatly try to stop in ^_^ I'll be wearing an examiner costume from Naruto.

Michela
02-01-2004, 10:08 PM
If the gathering is on Friday at 7 PM, I will definitely be in my Rosiel (black vinyl/red velvet) costume. I'm sure by 7, I'll be needing a relaxing session of taking incessant photos of my fellow cosplay.com members. ^_^

Sweet~Pea
02-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes, i agree that 7 sounds good. Gives time to get everything squared away on the first day and wander a bit.
Not sure what I'll be wearing to the clubhouse, probably ether Anthy Rose Bride or Urd. :japan:
Cheers
-Christa

Lafiel
02-03-2004, 01:03 AM
On friday I'll probably wearing Eclair. One Saturday I'll be Rosetta from Chrno Crusade. I hope we can have a Cosplay.com gathering in the main area again on saturday, I missed the last one!

kijo
02-03-2004, 01:20 PM
7 sounds like a great time! ^.^ This way I'll have time to figure out which costume to wear and such and check in and all that.

(At every one of the conventions I've ever attended, I've missed the cosplay.com gatherings ^_^)

And I know how you feel, I always miss them too ^^;; I usually look down at my watch and go "OMG I missed it" lol It's been like that a lot, heh ^^;; It also doesn't help i'm forgetfull, lol.

Dragonrage
02-05-2004, 08:50 AM
I will be there, since this is the first time I'll be there. I missed the otakon cosplay.com gathering and I can't miss this.

Winry
02-09-2004, 12:30 AM
I'll definitely go to the gathering/photoshot. I think Friday at 7pm is a good time cause like somone else said people may not be able to make it by 2pm. I'm planning to be Edward Elric for Friday, and my friend is gonna be Winry(sundress, red jacket, sun hat version).

Winry
02-09-2004, 12:33 AM
On friday I'll probably wearing Eclair. One Saturday I'll be Rosetta from Chrno Crusade. I hope we can have a Cosplay.com gathering in the main area again on saturday, I missed the last one!

Which one of Rosette's outfits? The first one or the second one?

MoonLitDemon2
02-21-2004, 12:24 PM
ehhhh i'm stuck with just a castle pass -_- ... o well still happy i can go and at least walk around the hotel and do things in the castle ^^ but i was wondering if this counts as an event and because i have just a castle pass i can't go to events can i not be in just the group picture.... or can i just run up when its time for picture jump in picture then run out like i wasn't even there ^^

Lafiel
02-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Which one of Rosette's outfits? The first one or the second one?
The 2nd one. With the Corset, slits and thigh highs :)
Your going to be edward!?? I'm going to have to get my picture taken with you I love him ^^

Depending on the space availible I think a good place to meet up is just ouside of the Art Show area. Its in the casle so those with castle pass can get in, and there should be enough floor space. And it won't be as crowded. at first to get set up. I will have to check the area though once I get it to make sure.

EvilMoogleQueen
02-22-2004, 04:40 PM
The 2nd one. With the Corset, slits and thigh highs :)
Your going to be edward!?? I'm going to have to get my picture taken with you I love him ^^

Ooh I want to see that!

It seems a lot of FMA fans also like chrno crusade... interesting...

TheAnarCHris
03-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Friday @ 7 right? I'll be the 6'4".......something....I'm still deciding on my friday costume....I'll also be bringing the super cute one known as Neoangelwink, and my partners in crime Bondage Penguin and CaffeineWeazel, who unforunately, will not be cross dressing as Chi for this con.....

Mesoian
03-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Heh. The good thing is, if you go as Rosette, you have a Bridget costume as well, with only a few minor alterations.

Ryoko-Dono
03-08-2004, 07:13 PM
7 is brilliant. I still havent decided what costumes I'll when yet. I'm group cosplaying with people as Cowboy Bebop characters at one point and then me and a friend shall be Link and Zelda. Then in my spare time I shall be Lena. Oh however will I fit all 3 in? (I wont be there on sunday *cries*)

Schala
03-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Friday I'll probably be there as Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. ^_^

MoonLitDemon2
03-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Friday I'll probably be there as Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. ^_^

Awesome Manga! *has only read volume one... so far*
can't wait to see you ^^ is anyone else going as characters from Azumanga Daioh

Mesoian
03-09-2004, 11:18 AM
WARG! An Azumanga Cosplayer!!!
If I had to bring my niece this year, I was gonna dress her up like Chiyo-chan.
But that's not the case.
Azumanga Daioh is my absolutely favorite anime of all time.

TheAnarCHris
03-09-2004, 11:28 AM
7 is brilliant. I still havent decided what costumes I'll when yet. I'm group cosplaying with people as Cowboy Bebop characters at one point and then me and a friend shall be Link and Zelda. Then in my spare time I shall be Lena. Oh however will I fit all 3 in? (I wont be there on sunday *cries*)

3?!?! I have to do 5 in one day for Otakon (that would be XVB Leon for the FFXVB, Kilik for Soul Caliber, Kyo for SNK, Squall again for the FFXXX shoot and normal Chris). But good luck none the less ^/^.

Ryoko-Dono
03-09-2004, 06:20 PM
3?!?! I have to do 5 in one day for Otakon (that would be XVB Leon for the FFXVB, Kilik for Soul Caliber, Kyo for SNK, Squall again for the FFXXX shoot and normal Chris). But good luck none the less ^/^.
Its just allot for me because even though I've been to multiple cons before, this is the only one where I will be bringing more than one costume for two days, let alone 3 costumes for two days.

Good luck with Otakon as well, I so badly wish I could go, but alas, for some reason I cant drive 7 hours for a con, uh, let alone drive. ^^;;

Schala
03-09-2004, 07:53 PM
WARG! An Azumanga Cosplayer!!!
If I had to bring my niece this year, I was gonna dress her up like Chiyo-chan.
But that's not the case.
Azumanga Daioh is my absolutely favorite anime of all time.

Aww a little Chiyo-chan! That would be so cute. ^^ Azumanga is definitely one of my favs too.