PDA

View Full Version : Young Justice Beast Boy

YJBeastBoy
06-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi, not really new here as I usually can find all my answers by lurking, but I've got a few about my newest cosplay.

I'm doing my favorite cartoon/comic character of all time, so I want to do him justice (pun not intended). YJ BB!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3w3Ki8eQxFk/T6hunB2vVNI/AAAAAAAAA5g/Zr6RvF2cgB8/s1600/young_justice__beast_boy_by_phillybee-d4yus4y.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/1/12/Robin_and_Beast_Boy.png

I've already started getting a bit more in shape since BB is really lanky but short. It was a nice change to start working out and changing my eating habits and I think BB was the perfect motivator. Right now I'm 4'10 and 103 pounds, I just want to define a bit more before I make a skintight suit!

So that's my first question. I've seen good tuts on how to do symbols with incredibly stretchy fabrics, but nothing like BB's suit. I'm not sure how I'd change a pattern to make it work., and the thin white lines look to be a challenge.

I've already got the fur thing down, but I'm wondering what to do about areas of fur that join with the suit. I don't want to make it look puffy where the spandex meets the fur, and I don't want to extend the fur into pants because it would get lumpy under the suit. Any suggestions?

Facial hair! His is pretty dramatic and I'm a girl so I can grow any, unfortunately. :P What's the best thing to use for that? I'm up for dying a wig and sideburns to have them match. On that note, I'm having trouble finding a good wig. I have a lot of hair, like below shoulder length so I'd like to be able to fit it up under the wig while braided, which shouldn't be too hard. But I'd like the wig to be thick. I have friends who can help with styling.

Tooth gap! His is pretty noticeable. How can I do this, and is it even possible? I already have visibly sharp teeth so I don't need anything for that.

And contacts, his eyes are actually green unlike in the turnaround art. Just looking for good quality that I can wear around for a bit to get used to them. I have grey eyes so the green should show pretty well.

Thanks!

ilovemystrat
08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
How is your costume going?

scoobysnack
01-05-2013, 12:19 AM
How is your costume going?

^ That was my question! I want to see it when you are done :)

switchandrogyny
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Can't wait to see this done!

namine207
02-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Hello! I just did a BB cosplay recently. I'm hoping to make a tutorial and post it to YouTube, but if you have any specific questions, pm me and I'll be glad to help! You can see images on my profile.