PDA

View Full Version : FA's Fanime Photodump~

FragmentAngelus
06-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me a few suggestions on how to make my photos better.

Photos here~ (http://arcworks.tumblr.com/post/24030204501/arcs-fanime-cosphotography-dump-)

I took the photographs of Soul and Medic, but I edited them all.

So have at it. <3
I'd love to find out what I can do to get better.
So far I'm working with a Canon T2i and Photoshop, so I wanted to know how I could 'maximize' my capabilities. c:

Thanks in advance~~

LarryMHolder
06-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Not bad, I like the level of exposer in the lighting, but I feel that the images with less background elements are much stronger. This is of course a personal preference of mine. I've gone as far as removing distracting elements for the sake of the image I want to have. It's a lot of work, but well worth the time if you find it an issue.

brucer007
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Your Dutch-Tilts are daring, but, for me only worked well on the crouching photo on the bottom left. Use them thoughtfully.

Your exposures are a bit too bright. The person in your top photo is well exposed, but try to avoid direct sun backgrounds when shooting in the shade. Color balance in editing will enhance your images. Most of your images have cyan/blue cast. Add some warmth for better skin tones.

Avoid getting other people in your backgrounds, unless it is done deliberately for a good effect.

I like how many of the poses are looking away from the lens.

LarryMHolder
06-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Your Dutch-Tilts are daring, but, for me only worked well on the crouching photo on the bottom left. Use them thoughtfully.

Your exposures are a bit too bright. The person in your top photo is well exposed, but try to avoid direct sun backgrounds when shooting in the shade. Color balance in editing will enhance your images. Most of your images have cyan/blue cast. Add some warmth for better skin tones.

Avoid getting other people in your backgrounds, unless it is done for deliberately for a good effect.

I like how many of the poses are looking away from the lens.

About adding warmth, it's a good idea, I find my camera makes very blue images, I'm always adding in warmth in Lightroom afterwards, makes people look better and more alive.

FragmentAngelus
06-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Brilliant!
I'll keep all of it in mind the next time I play photographer. As for editing, I'll pay more attention to blue hues and try to find a good balance c:

But if its not too much trouble, could I ask what if I wanted the picture to give off a chilly feel? For mood and such. I guess I should use a filter after fixing colorbalance, right? But how could you make it work with skin tone without making your subject look sickly? Do you edit each part independently, say for example, skin and background?