PDA

View Full Version : Chichiri's staff

Dr. Makoti Jean
11-08-2002, 07:30 PM
Well my next costume for the Holidays is going to be Chichiri. But his staff kind of hard cuz of those rings. What should I make the staff out of? Wood or a pipe?:confused:

Spooky Brew
11-08-2002, 07:35 PM
I used wood personally, and the rings I was thinking of the ones you use for your shower curtain(?). Just don't make the top out of wood! Try something else, it'll be a lot easier I assure you!

videogirlc
11-09-2002, 01:28 AM
I've seen metal ring like that sold at crafts stores like Joannes and Pearls. In different sizes too.

RX 03
11-09-2002, 07:42 AM
For my miroku costume, I ttok a long piece of bamboo, made the top out of wood taped it together and spraypainted it gold. Evertone THOUGHT I was Chirichiri...

KuroBara
11-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Yup, I found gold colored brass rings in various sizes in the Wal-mart craft section, fairly cheap too. If those aren't right for the staff, I'd make them out of whatever you're making the top part out of, sculpey, paperclay, wood, etc.

Nyoko
11-13-2002, 10:51 PM
I made mine Chichiri staff all out of wood, but got some of those rings that are hinged and I got some then glued them so they did not come off. I really liked the sound they made when they hit eachother....^^;; Im amused by that kinda stuff....