PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Already??!!

BlueLady
02-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Just a little warning note to all you not so vetran comic con go-ers, hotles fill up FAST!! I booked mine last week and there were already sold out hotels. Comic Con now sells out every hotel from chula vista to orange county, so don't be one of those losers that doesnt bathe and sleeps in the park with their freebee bag as pillow ( I wish I was joking)

Dont forget, with the new ballpark, parkings going to be a nightmareas well

Well Im done with my pessimistic warnings.. hope to see you all there!
da website:

http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/WhatsNew.html

Nightfall
02-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Or you could just live in San Diego... *chuckle chuckle* j/k

Eurobeat King just warned everyone about that too.

ZiggyB
02-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Yah, my friend AJ went and booked hotels at 9am when they first opened. One of the closest and cheapest hotels was booked solid within the first 15 minutes.

We still got a hotel, but it's a bit more expensive. Oh well... let the craziness begin. :)

yasafusa
02-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Hehe, the most economical way to survive the Comic Con is to park/stay somewhere far away and take the train! Riding the train for half an hour will save you two hours of searching for unavailable parking where you could've parked at the station by your hotel!

"We expect about 40,000 people to attend this year..."

-some information guy

*Actually about 70,000 people showed up last year!!!

You had also better be prepared to stand in line for three to four hours IN THE SUN unless you get there before the gates open on the first day.

Oh, and the cosplay is always best on friday!

Nightfall
02-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Well I for one pre-register and get my pass on preview night. But I've never been able to understand why people go so early to wait in line. If you go about 45 minutes after it opens, the line goes down by about 80%. I guess if you want to get there early to find parking, then getting in line early is just something you do. But if you ride the trolly or bus, or are staying/live in the area, theres not much reason to wait in line for hours.

archangeli
02-03-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm planning to book my hotels online now before the rates go up. It's hard to decide where to stay.

So far I'm planning on going to L.A. for about 10 days and Greyhound it up to San Diego for Comic-Con. Thank god I have a place to stay in L.A.!

Dark Vision
03-01-2004, 05:01 AM
10 minute drive YAY!!!!

katchoo
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
wow thanks for the warning. I only got one hotel open for two beds. *phew* Wow I didn't even know it was up yet. lol

BlueLady
03-02-2004, 11:19 AM
silence D Vision XD

yeah katchoo, seems these things are sneaking up faster then ever..or maybe I'm just poorer then ever LOL

Reno_kun
03-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Look froward to seeing all you guys epsically Bluelady and Tenchi (Darkvision)

Suzushichan
03-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Speaking of tenchi, would anybody like to do a Tenchi Muyo gathering? I have 2 ryoko costumes now (and they're good ones too!).

BlueLady
03-30-2004, 11:29 AM
haha if you want to see me, just look for the blur running around with the headphones taking orders from 40 different people. Seriously though i hope i can make the cosplay gathering this year.

Reno_kun
04-08-2004, 03:25 PM
I tried making the cosplayers gsthering last year but when i got there it was empty.

hakutoranoin
05-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Just a little warning note to all you not so vetran comic con go-ers, hotles fill up FAST!! I booked mine last week and there were already sold out hotels. Comic Con now sells out every hotel from chula vista to orange county, so don't be one of those losers that doesnt bathe and sleeps in the park with their freebee bag as pillow ( I wish I was joking)

Dont forget, with the new ballpark, parkings going to be a nightmareas well

Well Im done with my pessimistic warnings.. hope to see you all there!
da website:

http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/WhatsNew.html
htas why i live in san diego :rockon:

Eurobeat King
06-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Q: Does anyone know if the Horton Grand hotel has high-speed internet access? (if they've stayed there before) I've looked at the web-site and it doesn't mention it (there is a picture of a laptop, tho..) The hotel is an old-fashioned, Victorian-style hotel, but I'm hoping they should have internet access in the rooms. Reason being is that I plan to bring my computer with me to the con, and after the con ends each night (Thursday-Saturday) I'll be posting pictures up from the con, so you'll be able to see some during the con rather than wait a few days afterwards! :) SDCC is one con that's good in one sense that it ends after 7pm (that's when the convention center/dealers' room closes) with the exception of the masquerade on Saturday, so you can get some dinner, and then relax until the next big, day.. :thumbsup: So after I eat dinner, if I'm not doing anything for the rest of the evening, I'll return to the hotel, and start u/l pics to my compy and then to the galleries. Of course, this all depends if the hotel has internet access I can use.. :thumbsup: If anyone knows, that'd be helpful! :)

www.hortongrand.com

Eurobeat King
06-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Tee-hee.. I double-checked the site, and they DO have internet access. :thumbsup: Now I just wonder if it's free or if there's a charge per day for it.

Admin
06-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Tee-hee.. I double-checked the site, and they DO have internet access. :thumbsup: Now I just wonder if it's free or if there's a charge per day for it.
Call them and make sure. I don't remember any hi-speed access any time I've stayed there.

Oh and stay out of room 309! :eeek:

Eurobeat King
06-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Ah, yesh.. room #309.. the HAUNTED ROOM.. oooo.. I'll be sure to ask them for that if they'll give it to me for free.. hehe

Scarlett
07-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Woot. I'm a San Diego resident. Well, El Cajon if you want to get technical. But, the trolley drops off right in front of the Convention Center, so that's always nice.

I could either get a ride or go on the trolley if I can't get a ride. Choices, choices. ;)

BlueLady
07-01-2004, 04:36 PM
haunted room..sounds like you have your own party XD

Inu1
07-01-2004, 07:07 PM
But, the trolley drops off right in front of the Convention Center, so that's always nice.

yea but have you ever watched the people pile out of that thing? its like a bunch of cattle

Mink
07-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey guys, because Im a bitter little thing: Always make sure to call the hotel and ask about parking charges before you go. I know at Fanime AND at AX both hotels I stayed in charged, and it was quite an unforseen yuck. The hotel that I am staying in at comic con charges 18 dollars a nite for parking ( and we will be parking elsewhere thank you) so its always a good idea to call first.

And attention people who make the con websites :WTF? Cant you ask the hotel and put it in the price? GRRR.

AzerathMetrion
07-17-2004, 12:49 PM
My friend and I checked out the hotels in San Diego, but they were all booked solid. We thought we were out of luck until we ran across a little website about hostels. They have rooms for about 6 people (bunk beds), and it's only about $20 a night. My friend and I don't mind bunking with others, because we're going to spend most of our time at the convention anyhow. There's a bunch of free stuff included too, like breakfast, incoming calls, and internet. And it's only like 2 blocks from the convention center.

Look Here (http://www.usahostels.com/sandiego/interior.html) and you'll see that the bathroom looks really neat. Gotta remember my toothbrush! :crest: