PDA

View Full Version : My Chii outfit for Ohaycon!

Artzydivahuf
02-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Well, I decided to ask you guys *after* I went to my first convention, but I only finished the outfit a few days before the con. Anyways, here are some pics of my Chii outfit at a convention. (my first! yay!) I have more to upload that are just of me, so I'll post those soon! Tell me what you think! I made all of it by hand!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9622

Thanks!

*Jibrielle*
02-01-2004, 02:19 PM
You look so cute! ^_^

Eleryth
02-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I like the material choice. I can't quite tell what it is from the photo, but I like how it shines. It really works. I also like how your skirt is poofy, which I associate with chii.

I wish you had some images of the front/back, too.

And all by hand... I dub thee a Hand-Sewing Goddess! Ai! *hugs sewing machine*
You have dedication.

musica heart
02-02-2004, 11:18 AM
wow that looks great! good job!

YamiMayu
02-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Thats a really pretty Chii costume!I wish that my first costume could have looked that good!

Hanyaan
02-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I commend you on tailoring the costume so well. I've seen soooo many Chiis with badly-fitted dresses. No matter what your figure is like, a well-fitted dress will make you look slimmer and better. And your fabric choice is nice. Not quite satin but not quite matte. I like it! XD

Argento
02-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Its very adorable! As other people have said, your fabric choice was excellent and it is very nicely fitted.

Skullez
02-02-2004, 07:40 PM
oh my gosh its so cute!! =^.^= ! excelent job! :dance:

Artzydivahuf
02-03-2004, 01:19 AM
Thanks everyone! *giggles* I'm trying to post more pics, so you can see the front and such, but for some reason I'm having problems converting said files :-p (I scanned them on a MAC at school and my compy here is a PC sooo either tomorrow or Wednesday I'll try it again.)

The material is.. I think.. taffeta? Well, the purple at least. The front white part, which I don't think you can see in the pics that I've posted thus far, was cotton, but lined with satiny-like fabric. The best part was... it was ON SALE! We were originally going to go with periwinkle cotton (because it was something like 2 dollars a yard) but we happened to go past a clearance bin and I said, "OOh! Shiny!" And it ended up being 1.50 a yard!! (originally something crazy like 7 dollars a yard!) So we got a good deal, and I have 2 or 3 yards leftover just in case. Yay Hobby Lobby and their cheap, cheap deals!

The pattern itself (forgot to mention this earlier) is actually 2 different patterns... a top from a wedding dress (I think Mcalls?) and the skirt and unders from a simple halloween costume (I think, Simplicity? Oh I can't remember) Anyways, I would reccomend this to anyone who wants a custom outfit that will turn out well. (and FIT well for that matter!) And, its best to get the patterns when they are on sale, I got both of mine 50% off, again, at Hobby Lobby!

Well, back to trying to upload more pics!

Artzydivahuf
02-03-2004, 01:22 AM
ooooh and another thing, when I meant I sewed it all by hand, I didn't mean sans sewing machine... oh no, that thing was my life saver. Mmmm... life saver... oh, anyways, I meant I sewed the dress and made all the things (ears, beads, etc etc) myself, as opposed to buying anything. :) Sorry about that :-p

katrinastrife
02-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Very nice! I echo the "nice fabric" sentiment! ^_~ I can't see the pink much on the Chii ears, though (maybe it's just the pic), and maybe you should try putting a little curl to the bangs on the wig, so that it covers your forehead with a little more "poof" like Chii's do. ^_^ Great first costume though. Excellent job for having hand sewn! I'd like to see more piccies, too!

Krishna
02-03-2004, 02:37 AM
I personally don't like shiny fabrics..... I think it will look better without being shiny.. but that's just me...

Artzydivahuf
02-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Ok! So I *finally* got all my pics uploaded, this time with some pics of the front of my outfit! Be sure to check em out at http://images.cosplay.com/showgalle...500&ppuser=9622

Thanks for viewing!!

KuroBara
02-04-2004, 09:03 PM
You look adorable, I love your hair! So many Chii costumes fall flat on that detail, but yours actually looks very natural. I'm usually against shiny fabrics too, but for Chii it works. The color is gorgeous, the fit is perfect. This costume really flatters you.

DeadLegato
02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
You did a really good job of fitting the Chii outfit to your body. It hangs well, and it doesn't look "limp" like a lot of Chii's that I've seen. You're living proof that people who aren't size 0's CAN do great cosplays. My only comment? Make the pictures a bit bigger... I was squintiny looking at em.