PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II; Talim and WHO!?

Sai
02-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Ok, my friend and I wanna Cosplay as people from Soul Calibur II this year, and she wants to be Talim, but the problem is....who the hell should I be!?

I haven't played the game for a while, so I'm not too sure who to be, and I definitly do NOT wanna be Maxi ^^;. I'm a guy by the way, so if you have any suggestions, tell me! Thanks bunches!

zoinomiko
02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Well, male characters who aren't Maxi and who aren't crazy hard to make (imo) are Kilik, Yunsung, Raphael and Mitsurugi. Voldo, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu and Cervantes would all fit in the "hard but possible" category, and I'd stay away from Charade, Asteroth, Lizard Man and Necrid unless you're hardcore. :) Also, there are always the special characters, though I have no idea how you could show that you were the SCII version.

Do you know anyone with a copy of the game? You probably want to play it a bit once you've decided on a character anyways, just to get a feel for how he moves.

http://www.gamegen.com/ is a good place for pictures. Also, check out the thread on SCII cosplay here: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=17016

kerochan
02-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Why not go as Raphael? He has that cool sword!

Ragresen
02-03-2004, 06:18 PM
If she is going as Talim, I would recommend you go as Rapheal. They make a good matched up set of characters to see visually. Nightmare and Cervantes have soem of the hardest two costumes to do, but since there are neat costumes for each character you can pick and choose. I really recommend you find a character you have a like of and do him.

DerNash
02-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Raphael is a good choice, but I definitely think Yunsung makes the best partner for Talim.

Don't go as Kilik. Everyone is going as Kilik. Myself included

xrj
02-03-2004, 09:24 PM
yunsung and talim also have destined battles against each other.

i was yunsung at about 3 cons and i think i was only able to take pictures w/ a sophitia at AX2003. that didn't quite match up too well because yunsung's costume is kinda simple and sophitia's seems a little more sophisticated. i agree that talim and yunsung would be the best combo.

Don't go as Kilik. Everyone is going as Kilik. Myself included

that's so true. i've always wanted to cosplay as hwang but when kilik came along, he just seemed too cool. i could've probably used the same wig for a squall costume and 2P kilik from soul calibur...haha.

Eriol
02-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Namco needs some new character designs. 100 Kiliks running around is ridiculous.

isami
02-04-2004, 06:00 PM
There are also about 300 thousand Talim's, myself included.
Yeah, cosplay someone you'd enjoy, but looking for suggestions, I'd say Yunsung as well.

1nf3c73dxh4ck3r
02-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Isami: By any chance, do you know where I can get pictures of any of those "300 thousand" Talim cosplayers?

Matrix7reloaded
02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Depending on what Talim's colors are, then choose the color of your character. I know Talim has a white costume which will go well with Yunsung's white costume as well.

PureDeath
02-15-2004, 02:49 PM
dude...you should go as taki or ivy (even though her sword is ridiculously hard to envision as an actual thing), and you guys could like have face off shows and beat each other up and stuff! Wait...can I be Ivy?

tinalesca
02-18-2004, 12:24 AM
id say either yunsung or raphael