PDA

View Full Version : Skyleaf Creations (Canadian)

Celiaskyleaf
06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi all,

Skyleaf Creations (https://www.facebook.com/SkyleafCreations) is now open for commissions. We are located in Ontario Canada and we do all types of Cosplays, Corsets and we will even do props.

I am a professional Costumer and have been doing this for 20 years. I work at a well know local theater making costumes. The other part of the team is also a professional trained in the theater. Between the two of us we can find a way to do almost any type of Cosplay. Corset or Prop. We will be honest with you if it something that is out of our skill set we will let you know..and if we can't do it for you we will try and suggest someone who can.

Please note that we are not going to be able to compete with the prices found on ebay and similar sites. But our work will last you for many years and the materials we use will be good quality.

Please let us know this info when asking for a quote
Series:
Character:
Reference Picture(2 good ones at least):
Pieces to be Made:
Due Date:

Please feel free to contact us here or at
skyleafcreations@hotmail.com
or on our facebook page
Skyleaf Creations (https://www.facebook.com/SkyleafCreations)

Below you will find a posting I made on another thread about commissioners who don't respond. I have posted this so you may get an idea of our work ethic.

Celiaskyleaf
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
My post found in the Commissioners Who Don't Respond thread
As someone who is just starting to take commissions.
I am seriously disappointed to see this list of complaints about other commissioners. If you are unable to finish/do the commission then have the balls to say so!!!!

I personal looking into what each commission would require, how much time, is it something I have done before or will it be something new to learn, I send links to my facebook page so that people inquiring can see work I have done in the past.. I tell then my fee and also give them a range as to what the materials would cost and if I happen to low ball that quote the I suck up the difference cause if I quote you that it is going to cost between this much money and that much money then that is what it will cost... I also have who ever I am making the commission for send my the money for the material cost first and I keep all my receipts to show them and if I happened to over quote how much the materials cost then I deduct what I have left from that money as to what they owe me for my fee...
example material cost quote was $300-$500, fee was $500, actual material cost was $350, was sent $500 for materials so the balance owed to me is $350...
I also do progress shots or a quick email every 10 days or so...and I ship out or deliver the completed piece once I have received the last of the money...
I also for those who can travel to me do at least 2 or 3 fittings at my place.
Once I receive the money for materials I send an email telling them that I have received the first payment and will send another email/pics within 2 weeks.

So on behalf of all the valid and honest commissioners out there. I apologies to those of you that have had the disappointment of dealing with an unreliable commissioner, and hope that you have a better commissioning experience in the future.

Thank you