PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever thought of chicago cosplay?

ChicoChan
02-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Just curious...I was watching the movie again the other day with my mom...and I thought :P hey I like the 20's flapper dresses!
Chicago cosplay XD XD XD

I wonder if anyone would recognize you at a con or not...LOL!
:thumbsup:

Ali
02-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh man... I'm dying to make something like that! (I think I started a thread around 3 months ago on the same topic. ^_^) I love the 20s. I'm not totally sure it would be recognized at a con, but it would be awesome to dress glitzy for a day!

(By the way, check out DarkindDreamer's gallery for an amazing Velma dress.)

Supremeronin
02-04-2004, 09:24 AM
I`ve seen it!!!
At the first event I went to, last year, there were a coupla Jpnz girls in Chicago dresses...they looked great!
Everyone recognised them.
I wish I had a pic I could show you....but I didn`t take my digi-cam...just a cheap instant camera.

You should do it...ppl WILL recognise it! :bigtu:

KuroBara
02-04-2004, 10:20 AM
I was considering it for Halloween last year, Simplicity actually made a pattern based on the movie. Well, they call it "flapper girl" but it's pretty obviously based on 'Chicago'. Musicals are one of my favorite things, I grew up watching them. Now every time I see one I dissect the outfits and think "I could make that..."

I'm not sure it would be that popular at a con, but it's definitely a good idea for Halloween or some kind of masquerade. It would be perfect for a decade dance.

dani
02-08-2004, 06:22 PM
I'd love to tackle Chicago as a cosplay theme, eventually. In the meantime I took a few pics inspired on another great classic musical: Cabaret.

They are in my gallery, in a folder conveniently called.... "Cabaret". Feel free to browse...

Dani

archangeli
02-09-2004, 11:43 PM
The Simplicity patterns are nice to work with, but the costumes are only as convincing as the beadwork and sequins.

It's all about the jazz :p

Saki_B
09-17-2004, 10:39 AM
A friend and I decided to do Roxie and Velma's costumes for the "I Move On" ending sequence. We even have more things planned, but those are going to remain a secret. But we're going to do the handbeading and sequins. Not to mention I've got to grow my hair our and dye it blonde and perm it... Perming goes against everything I stand for XD It's hard finding reference photos, since my friend is the one with the movie and soundtrack. Hmmm...

Lady Saya
09-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I would like to make a Velma costume either 'Cell Block Tango' one or maybe the 'All That Jazz' one.But I can't make anything for a while due to me moving and all.

Dr.Noe
09-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Just curious...I was watching the movie again the other day with my mom...and I thought :P hey I like the 20's flapper dresses!
Chicago cosplay XD XD XD

I wonder if anyone would recognize you at a con or not...LOL!
:thumbsup:

My cast actually did a Chicago preshow for the '03 Oscars. We had a Roxy, Velma, & myself in the Billy 'Razzle Dazzle' suit (which was a huge pain to make, but looked great). I can send you some photos if you're interested.
DN