PDA

View Full Version : Safety-Pin-Bandit: For Wigs, Props, Accessories, and More

SafetyPinBandit
06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
CLOSED UNTIL SUMMER - School full time, work full time, I don't have time to work on commissions. However, if you would like a material estimate to compare to someone else's, I'll be more than glad to help you out. (10-7-12)
----end of edit----

While I am considered “new” to costuming and such, I wouldn’t exactly consider myself a novice. I have only entered one contest, however, I did excel enough to place in my division. (AnimeFest 2011 – Hall Cosplay – 2nd Place). Don’t let my lack of experience force you away; my fees are incredibly cheap for amazing hand crafted items. If I really feel as your request would not be suited for my experience level, I will state so and try to point you in the right direction. Any advice I can give is free, along with any estimate of cost :]
While I request at least two month advance notice, I will do rush jobs and give you an estimate of time to finish the commission. You can message me here at Cosplay.com or you can shoot me an e-mail at safetypinbandit@aim.com. The best way to contact me is via e-mail, but I will be checking my messages here at least twice a day.

What I am willing to do:

Wig styling (Cutting, styling, super spiky-styles, SMALL dying jobs)
props (I do advise on smaller props due to shipping costs.)
accessories (Headbands, wrist bands, belts, etc)
boot covers
small clothing projects

Additional notes on above subjects:

Wigs: While I have not done it before, I am willing to try altering the hairline of a wig. I know how to make normal wigs into pony tail wigs, however I have not practiced it before. I am willing to dye an entire wig a different color. I will also be willing to dye specific clumps of hair a different color.
Props: While I advise on smaller props, I like to make my larger props out of smaller components. If the larges component is easily craft-able for your experience level, I will make the other portion of the prop and advise you on the materials to get to finish it. Example: My Maka Scythe comes in three sections: The decorative part, the "blade", and the pole. The pole is a PVC pipe painted silver. It is the largest part of the prop, and if I were to be commissioned for another, I'd leave the PVC pipe to the customer to save on shipping cost if it is requested.
Accessories: I know this is a really broad term, but feel free to discuss what you have in mind with me.
Boot covers: I love making boot covers~ However, there is the issue of the shoe fitting your foot. My preferred method would be you sending me a pair of shoes that fit for me to build on, then I would do my magic and send the shoes back with you. However, given your shoe size and such, I will also go to the store and find the right size shoe and style to work with. However, if in the end the shoe does not fit, I cannot refund the cost of materials. I will try and make necessary adjustments if the problem is fixable. (Also, if you end up sending me a base shoe I can work with, my fee will be half of what is listed below.)
Small clothing projects: I have not done anything major with a pattern yet before. I have used myself and my friend I have worked with as a mannequin to fit the clothing I have made. Because of this, I only accept small clothing projects -- if any. If you are similar to my or my friend's size, I will be happy to attempt anything you throw at me in my skill range. If I have any doubt, I would make the clothing /slightly/ larger just in case.

Examples of my work:
-Wigs: link (http://i48.tinypic.com/rba2om.jpg), link (http://i50.tinypic.com/53sjg3.jpg)
-Props: link (http://i50.tinypic.com/nxd3o.jpg)
-Accessories:
-Boot Covers: link (http://i47.tinypic.com/5aqqvq.jpg)
-Clothing: link (http://i47.tinypic.com/13z4ozs.jpg), link (http://i48.tinypic.com/xn5lon.jpg)
More and/or better quality pictures yet to be updated

Pricing: In many cases, I will only charge for the price of materials and shipping
The following cases are the instances where I would charge more than the cost of materials:
-Super spiky wigs. $10 plus the cost of materials and shipping. Example: Soul's wig from Soul Eater.
-Boot covers. $10 plus the cost of materials and shipping. If shoes only require a good amount of paint and small alterations, I will waive this fee.
-Prices are subject to change, but unless the material cost changes, the estimate price given will stick within $10 of the original.
-Some cases of purchasing materials. This would only be an extra $3 or so (gas money...). This is only an option because my estimates often are are cheaper than I state my fees are. This may be because of the simplicity of the work that needs done, or multiple items to be commissioned at once.
-While this is not a price, it is not above me to take tips. (lol) If you are happy with the work completed, any tip, even minor, would be welcomed. I am a bit of a perfectionist at times, and I spend plenty of time on my work.

Requesting Estimates/Quotes
If you would be so kindly to provide at least two pictures of the items you would like crafted. Also, please state the name of the character and series it is from if applicable. I'm willing to create your OC work, as long as there are references for me to work off of.

What an Estimate/Quote will include
I include more than just the price in my estimates. I elaborate on materials that will be used, how everything will be crafted, and so on. I'm an incredibly wordy person when it comes to that stuff, so I'll have my estimate in the first paragraph of my e-mail. I'll state the material cost and my fee. However, I have no way to estimate how much shipping will cost until I have the final weight of the package to be sent to you.

Payment:
-I accept Paypal. If we agree to have me work for you, I'll provide the e-mail linked with my PayPal.
-I accept concealed cash, but this would be at the expense and worry of the sender.
-Any other methods should be discussed with me first.

When in doubt, send me an e-mail! Never hesitate to ask for an estimate~ safetypinbandit@aim.com

SafetyPinBandit
06-27-2012, 11:31 PM
(Bump to first page.)

Meanwhile, I'm working on two commissions at the moment! :3 Once I have pictures of the completed work, I'll be creating a new section for pictures of commission work.

SafetyPinBandit
07-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Working on three commissions at once~
I may or may not have positions available, but I'm always open to offer quotes, suggestions, and so on.

As of 6-27-12, I was available for dying full wigs a single color.

I have not created a section for commission pictures yet. Responding to estimate requests, client updates, and working on the commissions have me swamped. I have my priorities straight, that's the important thing.