PDA

View Full Version : Bankotsu from "Inuyasha"

Sorahana
02-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Ok! I'm making a Bankotsu costume for Katsucon! I need comments lol ^^;.
Here it is so far:
Bankotsu 1 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=108180&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)
Bankotsu 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=108176&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1)
Bankotsu 3 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=108175&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1)

I really need to stop taking pics in our bathroom lol ^^;. But thats the easiest place in the house to take pics at! Lol. Anyway What do you think so far? I have updated the costume a bit since these pics were taken earlier today but what do you think so far? lol ^^;.

Sala
02-02-2004, 09:49 PM
CCAmanda, can you please post a reference image?

Hotaru
02-02-2004, 11:09 PM
yeah, a ref. pic would help.

it's really obvious that you colored in the blue spots with markers or something, it should be smoothed out. and it seems like the arm things are starting to fray, so you should try to bind them.

Sorahana
02-03-2004, 02:20 PM
A reference pic is attached. I fixed the problem with the arm things and I'm pretty close to finishing it ^^. I'll get more pics when its done ^^.

Sala
02-03-2004, 03:19 PM
yeah, Hotaru is right on. If you want to go even cheaper than marker for the blue designs, try fabric paint or acrylics -- they should be wicked cheap at almost any store. And yeah, you should hem the edges before they fray and ruin the costume...
Are you also making the shoulder armour and the sword?

Mythril
02-03-2004, 03:52 PM
The biggest problem I see is the streaky marker... it may look okay in person, but the minute a flash attacks your costume, they show up looking pretty horrible. You have the design dead on, it just needs to be solid. I suggest two things. (1) Acryllic.. It is fast and easy and you will be done in no time... or (2) some kind of thicker fabric, and use double sided facing to fuse those suckers on. It just needs to be solid to draw your eye in. Post finished pictures too!

Sorahana
02-03-2004, 04:10 PM
yeah, Hotaru is right on. If you want to go even cheaper than marker for the blue designs, try fabric paint or acrylics -- they should be wicked cheap at almost any store. And yeah, you should hem the edges before they fray and ruin the costume...
Are you also making the shoulder armour and the sword?

I plan on getting paint causse my mom and me have to make another Wal-Mart run cause I found out that sash Bankotsu has around his waist is red not orange (which was the color we bought ^^). And I gotta get more black ribbon lol ^^;. And I made the shoulder armor last night and my friend is making Banryuu for me (just owe her a box of pocky ^O^), and she'll give me Banryuu at Katsucon ^^. If you're going to Katsucon you'll see the completed thing in person! And Mythril I shall definetly post pics ^^.

Eleryth
02-04-2004, 01:04 AM
I would use fabric paint, because if your coats of acrylic are too thick, it can crack and chip. Fabric paint is made to be used on fabrics. It will probably be a bit more expensive than acrylics, but I think the end result would be more desirable. If you want to forego paint, why not try applique? I know you have colored it already, but it would be used as a good outline. It's such a large area to fill in with paint.

Tora
02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Good job so far!

I agree to the above statements about the pattern, but you obviously have the ability to draw them on, so you're set. For the wrist and hand peices, you may want to put an edge around the bottom and top, then around the actual hand peice (like Miroku's). The pants, if they arent already made, can be made using a 'genie' pattern (like Inuyasha's ^_^). The top looks like a kimono top, so you might want to add 2/2 1/2 inch collar around the neckline and below the armor line of the shirt.

Sorry, I'm just throwing in my thoughts, that's what we do on those 'costume weekends', so I guess this is the next best thing for you! Now you got a week girl, go to it! ^_~

Hanyaan
02-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Stand up straight for photos! XD People look dumpy and bad if they're slouching! XD

And yeah, use fabric paint for the pattern, because the marker doesn't look so hot. XD

EDIT: I forgot to say, except for posture and marker, it's lookin great!

Sorahana
02-07-2004, 02:39 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=108910&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
Ths finished thing ^O^! I just need to make Banryuu(his sword) since my friend can't now ^^;. Now thats gonna be a challenge *sweatdrops*. So what do you think? ^^

Hanyaan
02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
It looks a LOT better now! Quite accurate. The Shichinintai (at least the non-Jakotsu ones) need lots of cosplay love, and if that costume ain't luuuuuv, I don't know what is. ^_____^

I can't help you with the sword, though. I'm a staff girl. XD

Sorahana
02-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Wow thank you ^O^! :glomp: I love it so! I'm gonna maybe make it outta cardboard for now cause my friend said she'd still make it but it won't be done for Katsu lol ^^;. Don't worry! I'll make Banryuu look as close as possible despite the fact it'll be cardboard ^^;.

Sala
02-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Amanda, are you going to buy a wig or are you simply going to braid your own hair? Oh, and the finished costume looks much better. See you in a week!

Sorahana
02-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Well my friend was gonna lend me her wig but she tried braiding it and it didn't look right. I guess I'll braid my hair but my hair is shorter than his ^^; Lol XD.