PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com meeting in the clubhouse

hikura
02-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Hello everyone.I saw the Clubhouse was taking reservations.I got a few responses that 7pm on friday was a good time for the people.I took the liberties and reserved the room(clubhouse) at 7pm to the 8pm time frame.I did request,if the 7 to 8 pm slot was not available,the 6pm to 7pm time frame for a backup.
Now i would ask that if you wish please do stop by for a meet and greet.So please come join us for pictures and general fun.
There will be some prizes that i will be bringing just like i did last year.If anyone wish to donate prizes please do not be afraid to bring them in.We will be having the raffle style awards and it doesn't cost anything.

Lafiel
02-03-2004, 02:01 AM
I hope I will be able to come, but I might be helping out as a stage assistant for Whose line is it anyways as Eclair.

I don't want to miss the club house :(
This year I'll do my best to remember Dvds as prizes!

makonurikoryoko
02-03-2004, 02:40 AM
ooo! :D I must get a pic of your Eclaire outfit! Its so cute!! And hopefully I can remember the clubhouse event! ::writes it down::

Resuka
02-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Sounds nifty.

Will try to stop by!

kijo
02-03-2004, 02:26 PM
I'll try super hard to stop by, but I am so very forgetful! Dana remind me when we get there! lol

Sami
02-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Cool, I'll be there! :)

_KiDd_
02-03-2004, 10:31 PM
hmm...Maybe I'll go....but I don't think I'm cool enough......*cosplaying Shinji....is Shinji's age, too..*

shiroi_yukiko
02-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Haha, I don't think it's a rule that you have to be cool to go. XD Anyway, I'll stop in, probably still in my Kaoru (Dir en grey).

JacksUsername
02-03-2004, 11:29 PM
cool, the raffle idea was really neat and very generous of you last year hikura, thanks again.

Last year's clubhouse was really fun, and I wish they could last longer :( but it was so great meeting everyone last year, and if I get to go, hopefully see a bunch of new faces and returning ones ^_^ hehe, i used an entire camera and a half just in the clubhouse last year

Lil
02-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Hmm... prizes... Lets see what anime junk I don't need... I prob Have at least 1 or 2 tapes.

hikura
02-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Your welcome jacksusername.I am glad everyone liked the idea last year.Thank gothic_lulu for recommending the idea last year for getting together.
Lil and Lafiel if you do donate prizes it will be highly appreciated.You do not have to donate dvd's or tapes excusively.Anything will do ranging from pins to pocky or anything in between.

Dewy
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh! I'll stop by in Meroko or something. I can donate stuff too, sounds fun ^-^

PatrickD
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
I hope I will be able to come, but I might be helping out as a stage assistant for Whose line is it anyways as Eclair.

...and I'll be running Whose Line is it Anime? with you.
However, I'm also the one scheduling times in The Clubhouse, so maybe it won't be a problem. :cool:

EvilMoogleQueen
02-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I missed it last year becasuse I didn't get to boston untill after the clubhouse was over. But this year I'll be there on time! I can't wait to meet everyone.

Lafiel
02-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Patrick: That would be great ^^ So I can do both. Then I can start my binge drinking, or I can do it there :D
It would be nice to maybe have some games to play too. I got to meet the people who came early but after that I was kinda lost in the crowd. :D

PatrickD
02-05-2004, 11:31 AM
You guys are aware that this is NOT a big room, right?

It's a small meeting room, not a ballroom. If there's more than 20 people, I don't think anyone will want to hang out for too long.

TyJILDown
02-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Yea I would have to agree...last year it was QUITE cramp after awhile (and I had arrived late) Taking that group picture in there was not easy...

hikura
02-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Thank you patrick for reminding about that.Yes the room can only sit 20 or so people.I got thinking if are going to get more then 20 people how about doing a second meeting?Or we could techinally meet up in the room and maybe then if we get more then 20 or people we could take it someplace a little bigger?I am open to other suggestions.Please do post them or worse comes to worse contact me.

EvilMoogleQueen
02-05-2004, 05:27 PM
would there really be more than 20 people? maybe we should take down a list of people who are interested in attending.

Ryoko-Dono
02-05-2004, 07:03 PM
I'll TRY and stop by. ^^;; I'm really anal about planning. Its freaky. I dont know what costume I'll be wearing at that point. Probably either my Link (I'll drag my friend dressed as Zelda) or I'll be Lena (from Shamaic Princess) I hope to se y'all there!

hikura
02-06-2004, 05:54 PM
would there really be more than 20 people? maybe we should take down a list of people who are interested in attending.
Most likely there might be.Last year there was about 25 or so people.So far i count 10 people.Please also maybe put up other recommendation for other spots we can go to.

JacksUsername
02-07-2004, 11:12 AM
if i get to go to the con, then i'll definetly be going to the clubhouse.

i remember last year that the first half hour was rather empty, but then most everyone started coming in for the second half hour. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same this year. And last year, I know there were a couple of people who just went to the clubhouse to find more info about cosplay.com, so there's a good chance that we'll get a few people outside of the head count in the forums too.

I don't really know any other places to go to x_x

Sweet~Pea
02-07-2004, 03:03 PM
well, I plan on going to the club house. As well as 2-3 people with me :jjacks: I'm not sure where we could go if there was more than 20-25. Maybe the park if it's nice out lol.
Cheers
-Christa

Naiomi
02-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I'll try to make it, and I'll drag my two friends along with me ^^

And theres no way it could be as cramped as the AnimeNext Waiting room for the masquerade was X-X
They tried to cramp 50+ cosplay groups into a room fit for 10 people.

Jun_Kazama
02-12-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll try to make it. ^_^

Kairi G
02-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Me Hailo and Yummy will most likely be there, not sure what costumes we will have that night tho, we each have 2 or 3 that we are bringing.

Yuki Eiri
02-23-2004, 01:53 PM
If one of my volunteer shifts aren't on that particular time on Friday [*prays*] I will be there.. I hope I can make it lol.

RikkuX
02-25-2004, 08:16 AM
I'll stop by!

Sami
02-26-2004, 07:16 PM
If the room is that small, can't we take the group picture elsewhere? Cramped isn't good, especially for big/delicate/elaborate costumes. ;_;

TheAnarCHris
03-11-2004, 10:10 AM
The cosplay.com photoshoot are ALWAYs bigger than expected, and I'm thinkin a room that can only hold 20-25 ppl at max ain't gonna cut it. While the idea of ppl meeting up there sounds good, I'm thinking the actually shoot should be elsewhere.

sheepsarai
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
i AM SO THERE! this is my first con tho, hope i can find it! Oh ill also have another person with me too so Count us in!! Fun fun!

Sweet~Pea
03-11-2004, 04:13 PM
There will be a map in the booklet. don't worry, it's pretty hard to get lost with the signs and the map.
Cheers
-Christa

hikura
03-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Still waiting to hear about the room.As starwind suggested we can easily meet in the room and take the photos elsewhere.Not sure excatly where.But we can decide after hearing more ideas.We still have some time.Plus do not forget if anyone else wants to donate prizes,please drop them off at the begining of the meeting.

Kairi G
03-21-2004, 11:09 PM
does any body know if the time has been decided for sure yet? i know there was talk of friday nite, but has that been decided?

TheAnarCHris
03-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna be a jerk and say 7:30 on Friday night, OUTSIDE of the clubhouse, and see if ppl bite. If not, then hey, I tried.

hikura
03-23-2004, 08:03 PM
I just checked out the sites only a few minutes ago.It is confirmed.We have the clubhouse from 7 to 9 pm.They did not email me or anything but still found out.So come one come all.

JTARI
03-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I have not posted here in awhile, but I do plan on going! *this is Gothic_lulu btw*

Michela
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
If the Jtari is there, 'tis official: I AM GOING. XDXDXD

JTARI
03-23-2004, 10:51 PM

I will totally be there, and stalking you if I don't run up and randomly start clinging :D

Man, this is gonna be awesome XD

Kiarrens
03-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm so there. ^_^ Wish I had checked this last week, I have tons of anime on VHS I would have donated, but they're all at home and I can't get back before AB... :-\

shiroi_yukiko
03-24-2004, 09:26 PM

I second that! XD

Jewlee
03-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I am pretty new here, and this will be my second convention. Is it alright if I show up with 2 friends? I would also be happy to donate a raffle item.
:)

FragileKero
03-27-2004, 12:23 PM
umm ya this is my second con and I'm gonna see if i can be there.what kind of things do we bring for the raffle? DVDs? Posters? i dun know lol.

Rukawa
03-27-2004, 12:32 PM
I'll be there if I remember ^^;

Kairi G
03-28-2004, 11:51 AM
my crew will be there! or at least me hailo, and yummy. but ill prollly bring the others along for the fun of it!

hikura
03-28-2004, 12:43 PM
umm ya this is my second con and I'm gonna see if i can be there.what kind of things do we bring for the raffle? DVDs? Posters? i dun know lol.
If you want to donate anything for the prizes please do so.There is no spefic items that you have to donate.So even if it is a poster and you want to donate it,please bring it.

FragileKero
03-29-2004, 03:36 PM
hmmm yay!! thanks!! *runs off to rummage thru things*

hikura
04-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I want to thank everyone who came out to the cosplay.com meeting including some new faces.I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as i did.To those who won prizes i hope you enjoy what fragilekero and i gave out.

Yuki Eiri
04-11-2004, 06:02 PM
n_n It was a lot of fun.. I won those two dvds, which I have yet to watch.. I'll get around to it lol... It was really cool though!

Sweet~Pea
04-11-2004, 06:04 PM
yeah, the meeting was really fun. Even if I'm kind of shy, lol.
Nice seeing everyone and meeting new faces too. :japan:

Cheers
-Christa

Lee Lee
04-11-2004, 06:20 PM
The meeting was fun, even though I wasn't there for long. ^^; Who won the Pocky?! I had dibs on it! ;p

Ryoko-Dono
04-11-2004, 07:08 PM
The meeting was fun, even though I wasn't there for long. ^^; Who won the Pocky?! I had dibs on it! ;p
That was me ^^;; sorry!

I was actually giving out a stick of pocky to anyone who could name who I was cosplayed as Friday night.

Mmm... Pocky...

Lee Lee
04-11-2004, 08:06 PM
:Sniffle:

I want Pocky.. I didn't even buy any in the Dealers room.. :waaaah:

Congrats on winning though! ^.^

Ryoko-Dono
04-11-2004, 10:03 PM
:Sniffle:

I want Pocky.. I didn't even buy any in the Dealers room.. :waaaah:

Congrats on winning though! ^.^

Thanks.

Aww... All should have pocky *sends virtual pocky to all*

shiroi_yukiko
04-11-2004, 10:31 PM
And.... I missed the meeting... Two years straight. Next year! Really! XD

Miscellaneous
04-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Heh i didn't really do much just kinda sat there, took a few pics, bumped into people with my wing (accidents!) and took a few pics. After not winning the pocky i decided i must go buy some, so i did. :bigtu:

Lee Lee
04-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Thanks.

Aww... All should have pocky *sends virtual pocky to all*

*Gnaws on nonexistent Pocky*

Tee-hee ^.^;

Who did all you people cosplay? I didn't have a chance to talk to anyone.. Or get any pictures.. :(

smellme37
04-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Although the meeting was fun, and it was nice meeting people from the board, I have to admit I was a little disappointed that we never got to take an all out group pic. But, it seemed it would have been hard to do, since some people left while others arrived.

Joe

JacksUsername
04-12-2004, 08:05 AM
the meeting was great, went by so fast though >_< thanks to hikura for all those great raffle presents!! mmm, *takes virtual pocky*

i should have my pictures and stuff from the clubhouse in by wednesday ^_^

Jubie-Chan
04-12-2004, 11:48 AM
;_; i'm sorry I only stayed a few minutes, I wanted to see who's line is it anime?
but it was nice seeing some cosplay.com-ers around.

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 12:59 PM
*Gnaws on nonexistent Pocky*

Tee-hee ^.^;

Who did all you people cosplay? I didn't have a chance to talk to anyone.. Or get any pictures.. :(

I was cosplaying as KH Sephiroth... I didn't really do much there though due to the fact that it was hot as all hell and I couldn't really breathe. ~_~ It was still really cool seeing all the other cosplay.com people, hope to see you all again next year! ^^

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2004, 02:40 PM
damn I missed the clubhouse meeting again. When was it? It was listed twice on the con's schedual...

hikura
04-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Evilmooglequeen,it was at 7pm on friday evening.It is ok if you missed it.Next year if we do something like that again and if i do it again i will send out a reminder to everyone before the con.Plus next year if anyone wants to do a huge group photo before during or after such a meeting we can set up a meeting place.The room was kinda small for such a huge shoot.Next year we should have more space.Plus i shall plan things a little better.I should speak with either jacksusername or koumori for info on good places for the shoot.
Lee Lee,i cosplayed silent hill 2's main character james sunderland.I just did not look like i was cosplaying cause he is what people would consider a normal looking person lol.It is a survival horror game.I know jacksusename was doing soild snake from metal gear.

Ryoko-Dono
04-12-2004, 06:49 PM
I was dressed as Lena from shamanic princess.
Sorry I didnt stick around for too long, I had dragged my freind with me to the meetup and I felt bad about forcing her to stay. ^^;; oops.

TheAnarCHris
04-13-2004, 02:02 AM
I stopped by as Squall, in said SeeD form...too bad i lost the camera with everyone's pic on it.

Lafiel
04-13-2004, 02:20 AM
I was bummed I wasn't able to attend any of ther cosplay.com gatherings/photoshoots or what not :( I was managing the art Show in the castle.. waa... also didn't get to wear my eclair costume for took long either.. it was WAY to cold in the castle, ended up taking a blanket from the hotel and spent time covering myself up. I hope the club house was alot of fun, hopefully next time I can make it out.

Jewlee
04-13-2004, 11:33 AM
It was very nice meeting all of you. I was the only idiot that actually walked up to introduce myself. eh that was slightly embarrassing. :eek:

I wasn't actually cosplaying on Friday so I felt a wee bit out of place. That's okay though, when I did put on my Hanajima costume on Saturday other than the people from FUNimation and someone else taking my picture nobody knew who I was. :lost:

Anyways I hope the winner of the Asuka EGL wall scroll enjoys it and I hope to see you all again next year.

Thanks!
Jewlee

Sweet~Pea
04-13-2004, 02:28 PM
I think I took a picture of you Jewlee, lol. did you have the mighty cool pinstrip dress on?

Cheers
-Christa

Jun_Kazama
04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
I stopped in at the clubhouse. Sorry if I seemed so antisocial, I'm just very very shy is all ^_^"

Jewlee
04-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Animechicky2040
Yes, you did take a picture of me :) Thank you. It was kinda funny since I was just being 'me'.
I hope I get my pictures posted soon. I don't have that many.. I wonder how they came out. I HATE my digital camera... the zoom on it stinks. I opted for the cheapy disposable cameras this year.. we'll see how they did!

It was nice meeting you!
Jewlee

Ryoko-Dono
04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I stopped in at the clubhouse. Sorry if I seemed so antisocial, I'm just very very shy is all ^_^"
I do that. When Hikura asked us to introduce ourselves I just sorta sat there. ^^;;

makonurikoryoko
04-13-2004, 10:44 PM
OOO Jewlee that was so nice of you to bring that scroll! And again, I loooove your dress! ^_^
And thanks again Hikaru ffor bringing prizes. It was nice seeing everyone!

Miscellaneous
04-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah i was thinking to myself "I should get up and say something" but then I figured I'd just sit there, mostly because it kinda felt awkward, i dunno, but i would have liked to get a dueling pic with that sephy :jjacks:

neoangelwink
04-14-2004, 12:55 AM
it was great fun ^_^! it was great metting every one!!!

Starlite_Nyte
04-21-2004, 08:26 AM
I stopped by as Squall, in said SeeD form...too bad i lost the camera with everyone's pic on it.

I wish I noticed you in your costume... I *love* Squall in his SeeD uniform.... I would have wanted to take a picture of you.

By the way, since everyone was asked what they were wearing, I was dressed as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts.