PDA

View Full Version : Miki from Utena

ichigo
02-03-2004, 12:44 AM
I just finished coloring and cutting my Miki wig. I really like it, but then it could just be me and how much fun it was to cut fake hair (whee!)
So any suggestions or somments would be really fantastic!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=108346&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Krishna
02-03-2004, 02:43 AM
I think if the colour is a little bit lighter that will be great.... (but is it possible to change wigs colour??? ^^;;;;)

Richii
02-03-2004, 03:11 AM
I think the color is really good! The wig is also styled really well. I would be so scared to cut a wig. The only suggestion i would make is to give it a little more body, ya know like some poof to the top or something instead of it just being flat to your head. Its not really a big deal but its up to you! Good job!

Mythril
02-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh goodness, I think the wig color is perfect. I really like how this came out and I can't wait to see the finished product. I would really like a backview to see how that part came out as well though ;)

Good work. You have my seal of approval.

Olivia
02-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Wow, great wig!

Hmmmm... a suggestion might be to make it more... spikey. Other than that, it's great

:thumbsup:

ichigo
02-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Thanks you guys!
Krishna- I can't really get it lighter, only darker...Utena drives me insane because the colors on characters seem to change a lot.
Richii- thank you... I'm afraid that any more body would make it look afro-ish :thumbsup: and I don't really see Miki with an afro...
Mythril- awww thanks. I didn't take a backview because I was afraid I would screw up the camera-angle and end up shooting my thumb or the wall...
Olivia- I got some cheap hairspray to hold the style, and it made it a little more spiky around the bangs and sides especially.

Well, time to move on to the actual costume... :eeek:

Scortia
02-05-2004, 07:46 PM
cute... yeah a tad lighter would have been good but that can't be fixed... and I'd thin the side tendrils a bit and take some gel and curl them down the cheek a bit more instead of having large chunks of hair on your cheeks. otherwise, it has the Miki fluff and everything ;p

Suzushichan
02-18-2004, 04:54 PM
awsome...yay for Utena cosplay! great job!

Black Glass <3
02-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Squeeeee you're so cute! <3 Love the Miki cosplay so far ^_^

And finding the right shade wig can be HARD O_o;; So dun worry about that, just have fun!

ichigo
02-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Aww...thanks you guys.
Scortia~ the sideburns calmed down a little after I put the hair spray in them, and some strands got tucked behind the ear. Thanks for pointing that one out.
I'm almost done with the actual outfit, I'm sure I'll post pics by saturday :)

KireiChibi
02-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Sweeet Miki hair! That's the best I've seen so far.

Miki's hair always reminds me of that shaggy Beatles look. You captured that perfectly. With a completed duelist outfit that'll rock! Now you just need a psychotic twin sister to stalk you...

Great job!

ichigo
02-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks Kireichibi... it would be nice to have a Kozue....
Ok, I got some pictures of the uniform but really not that many great pictures (it's really easy to make me look like a dork :sulk: )

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=113453&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=113457&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Have at it. There's really a lot wrong with this (in my mind). The most upsetting thing is that the collar is ridiculously big, which makes everything else look ...off.

ayn*chan
02-23-2004, 03:33 AM
Lol, looks great to me, the collar can be repaired. ;)

The pants are the PERFECT shade of blue and everything looks really sharp and crisp (+10 -- ;) ), the only thing I would change is to take the pants in a bit, if possible. :) For whatever reason, the Utena cast wears UNBELIEVEABLY tight pants. Scortia and I talked about this the other day -- how to pants that tight hold a front pleat? O_o[/color]

Scortia
02-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Ichigo's actually look snug enough... unlike my incredibly tight polyesther Juri pants. ~_~;;;;

Kudos! That is one of the best Miki costumes I've seen yet... but I still hold to the comment that you need less hair in front of your ears... he has a small piece of hair on each side of his head. ;p *wig accuracy stickler*