PDA

View Full Version : BAAF & Shoujocon both in limbo...

echocharlie
02-03-2004, 09:57 PM
... which leaves AnimeNext as the only area convention with dates & a location announced. What does this mean for the convention? I hope it doesn't get overcrowded like BAAF was last year.

The Lord XL
02-03-2004, 10:17 PM
... which leaves AnimeNext as the only area convention with dates & a location announced. What does this mean for the convention? I hope it doesn't get overcrowded like BAAF was last year.

Anything is better than a BAAF crowded covention :eeek:

Eriol
02-03-2004, 10:31 PM
AnimeNEXT would gain an attendance increase, which would be good. Well, the attendance cap clause can always be invoked, right?

TheAnarCHris
02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
To tell ya the truth, im not suprise about SJC (they didnt break 500 last I heard) but I'm severly bummed about BaaF. It's the home con and such....

KaineMaxwell
02-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm a bit surprised too, I love BAAF and I really wanna finally experience Shoujocon seeing this year I want to go to more then one con finally...

PatrickD
02-04-2004, 04:57 PM

Boy, you're certainly trying to make the most of the other cons' shortcomings.
Can't say I blame you. :skidude2:

Eriol
02-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Boy, you're certainly trying to make the most of the other cons' shortcomings.
Can't say I blame you. :skidude2:

Isn't echocharlie just making an observation? He may be part AnimeNEXT PR, but he is not making a shameless plug. Anybody else could have come to that same conclusion.

Even your first year was beyond expectations. Overcrowding is a problem.

KaineMaxwell
02-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Isn't echocharlie just making an observation? He may be part AnimeNEXT PR, but he is not making a shameless plug. Anybody else could have come to that same conclusion.

Anime Boston experienced that last year.

PatrickD
02-05-2004, 10:35 AM

I should have edited the overcrowding part out of my reply. That's not what I was replying to. I was replying to the, "these cons aren't happening, come to our con" type of posts I've seen him make here and on other forums recently.

Good-natured ribbing, of course. ;)

Eriol
02-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Anime Boston experienced that last year.

Right, which is why I said "your first year" to Mr. PatrickD, vice-chair to Anime Boston. heh

I should have edited the overcrowding part out of my reply. That's not what I was replying to. I was replying to the, "these cons aren't happening, come to our con" type of posts I've seen him make here and on other forums recently.

Yes, removing the sentence about overcrowding would totally change the nature of your remark to EchoCharlie. heh

Somehow, with all this "rivalry," I can imagine you and Charlie laughing it off at some bar after con-hours. heh

echocharlie
02-09-2004, 03:39 PM

Hey, PR is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. :)

PatrickD, I *do* refer to Anime Boston in some of my posts just so I don't always pimp my own con. :)

PatrickD
02-09-2004, 05:09 PM
PatrickD, I *do* refer to Anime Boston in some of my posts just so I don't always pimp my own con. :)

I hope you don't think it has gone unnoticed or isn't appreciated! :)

echocharlie
02-09-2004, 05:28 PM

Come to Shoujocon, AnimeNext and Anime Boston, the best fan-run anime conventions in the North East! I'll give you a balloon if you come! :)

If you've played FFX-2, you'll know what I'm referring to. You should try giving out some balloons in your Renamon suit a-la-Moogle-Yuna. :)

TheAnarCHris
02-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Come to Shoujocon, AnimeNext and Anime Boston, the best fan-run anime conventions in the North East! I'll give you a balloon if you come! :)

If you've played FFX-2, you'll know what I'm referring to. You should try giving out some balloons in your Renamon suit a-la-Moogle-Yuna. :)

Yo does this Ballon policy still apply if i go to aN and AB? I demand Moogle ballon goodness

PatrickD
02-10-2004, 04:40 PM

Renamon's most likely taking the year off. Other big plans in the works...

Eriol
02-10-2004, 06:08 PM

Can we get an ad exchange on these posts? heh

echocharlie
02-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Renamon's most likely taking the year off. Other big plans in the works...

PatrickD, master of the teaser. :)

I wonder what it could be?

dressdragn
02-27-2004, 01:53 PM
shoujo con might be down but I don't think there out. and what dose this mean for anime next? well I've allready booked my hotel room and I'm going to reg in the next 3 months? why? b/c they may have to cap there attendace like anime boston.

But seriously I think this is a natural adjustment in the con world, last year there was a con some where in the US everyweekend, it seemed like everyone and there brother was starting one up. They over flooded the market, and this year I think people are going to be choseyer about the con's they pick. As such con's are going to have to schedual them selves very carefuly so that the don't interfere too much with eachothers attendance. (shoujo con btw. ota and baaf killed it).

It is my hope that in the strugle to be competive with so many choices on the market cons will do more to stand out from the crowd.

~Anna

KaineMaxwell
02-29-2004, 09:20 AM
I do hope Shoujocon does return at least, BAAF too. NJ and NYC do deserve cons, if sheduled properly.