PDA

View Full Version : Help Starting a Cleveland Cosplay Group

Anne Packrat
02-03-2004, 11:55 PM
I'd like to start a cosplay group for people in my area (Cleveland), but I am a bit unsure about how to do it.

I do know one of the things I'd like to do is get together once a month or so in costume and eat at a different Denny's in the area every time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Xavant
02-04-2004, 12:43 AM
I think this is the wrong place for this, try the seeking cosplayers forum

Anne Packrat
02-04-2004, 01:57 AM
Sorry, I was a little unsure as to what forum it fit in, so I figured I'd try the general cosplay.

Anyway, has anyone ever created a group like this? Cleveland has a dearth of anime conventions (Colossal Con is a sci-fi con) and I'd like to create more cosplaying opportunities.

Bobbi
02-04-2004, 04:02 AM
I've talked to a few people who are interested. I'm also posting something on the LCCC anime club forums. =) There's a few cosplayers there who would be interested.

Sammie_San
02-04-2004, 04:09 PM
I live. .well. .near clevelend. .and going to Cleveland Colossal Con. . yea. .

Lara
02-04-2004, 05:21 PM
I live near Cleveland too. I'm going to ColossalCon but I'm not too sure if there's any other groups like that out there. Sounds cool, though. I'd be interested!

Bobbi
02-05-2004, 12:40 AM
As far as I know, there's not any official cleveland area cosplay groups. Most of the people who do cosplay that I know of in the area are from anime clubs who do groups from the same series. (Large Inuyasha group at Ohayocon, Colassal Con I... etc). It'd be great if we had something official! =D

*Sugar*
02-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Oooh, sounds interesting to me ^-^ *thumbs up*

DarthJon
02-05-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm from cleveland. Chagrin Falls to be exact, but now I live in Maryland

Bobbi
02-05-2004, 10:39 PM
My friend Jeremy is in, (Madmann on these forums... but too lazy to post =P)

I also thought that maybe before certian cons, we get together at someone's house and have a large sewing session. ^^ that'd be fun!

Anne Packrat
02-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Well, heck, seems we got a group! We should pick a date and a Denny's and the Grand Slam Cosplay Group can get underway!

GingerWolf
02-07-2004, 03:33 AM
I'mnot from cleveland but i did live in streetsboro...a a$$ backwards little town...no offense to anyone who lives there i just hated it...I'm going to colossal con too..i was wondering if anyone on these forms was going...i'm going with my highschool anime group..this will be my first time cosplaying..i'm going as DArk Chi (Freya)...What are you guys going as?

*Sugar*
02-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Hello ^^ .. *where's streetboro? o_o; * ~ish from Eastlake, another little town outside of cleveland~ But, Yeah, I'm going to colossal con also ~it gets better every year ^^;; but then again, it's not hard to get better then only a dealers room for one day~.... Anyways... {does anyone know if there's suposed to be a 'discussion' started for Colossal con?}
~ish gonna be Dejiko again -nyo ~~~ ^^

Lara
02-07-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm over in Parma, another subburb of Cleveland. I'm going to ColossalCon too. I'm going as Aeris. I'm not sure if there's a discussion going on for ColossalCon yet.

GingerWolf
02-07-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm over in Parma, another subburb of Cleveland. I'm going to ColossalCon too. I'm going as Aeris. I'm not sure if there's a discussion going on for ColossalCon yet.

Nah there isn't,...that's why I was having a hard time to find anyone who was going to CCC2....I'm going as dark chi 9freya)..have I said that lol...Streetsboro is about an hour and a half outside of cleveland... I hated that town...*sudders* So...do you think we should start a thread for CCC2?

Lara
02-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Sure! But like you said, I'm just excited to find out more people are going to this than I thought! :)

GingerWolf
02-07-2004, 07:55 PM
yea i kno the feeling!!!!! I was wondering if i was the only one to go to this one..I'm going w/ my high school club and i think i'm the only one cosplaying this year. Maybe we can all meet up? b/c i kno i'd love to see ur costums..

here's what i have so far for mine..i got lots to add though
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=108791&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Anne Packrat
02-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Okay, I'm going to Colossal Con too. Anyone up for a Denny's get together before then?

GingerWolf
02-08-2004, 02:50 AM
i won't get there till ten saturday...but maybe i can get my mom to drive me early...right after school lets out...*ponders* I really would like too!!! If I can get my mom to drive me earlier than saturday (thats when my school group is leaving...we're suppost to be there by 10 or 12 saturday...) Hey if I can..I'm in!!! :bigtu: :dance: :jjacks: :heart:

I just took some pictures of me in the snow in my dark chi outfit. No wig and no ears yet. BURRRR it's like 2 am here...

"Flies off into the mountains.* SUPER FREYA....

Bobbi
02-08-2004, 12:28 PM
I know where Streetsboro is! I drive through there to visit my friends in Kent.

I'm also going to CCC3 (it's actually the 3rd, the 1st was a half day thing in 2002)! Gotta go to a con that's practically in your backyard, ne?

I'm also totally up for a Denny's get-together before then. =) Whoo!

Rameana
02-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Whoa...plans plans plans....so many.
We all need to get together. So Denny's friday or thurs?
What time, because I want to do to the dance.
Are we going to move this to the ColossalCon thread or start a new one?
We are missing a few people too, from this thread.

Oh yeah, I'm going to the Con (all 3 days). If you see me, please come and get me because I'm there alone.

A Grand Total of 15 people from this board are going (not counting friends).
So we need to meetup.

GingerWolf
02-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Whoa...plans plans plans....so many.
We all need to get together. So Denny's friday or thurs?
What time, because I want to do to the dance.
Are we going to move this to the ColossalCon thread or start a new one?
We are missing a few people too, from this thread.

Oh yeah, I'm going to the Con (all 3 days). If you see me, please come and get me because I'm there alone.

A Grand Total of 15 people from this board are going (not counting friends).
So we need to meetup.

YAY 15 ppls!!! :jjacks: go us!!! lol..I don't know if we should move this or not...we keep posting here so don't kno. :waaaah: no denny's for me if ya go friday or thursday :waaaah: I finally did find the CCC3 thread. I went last yr for 2 days this yr i'm only going for on..sucks to be me...

ok going to reply to everyone else lol

Rameana
02-08-2004, 09:25 PM
YAY 15 ppls!!! :jjacks: go us!!! lol..I don't know if we should move this or not...we keep posting here so don't kno. :waaaah: no denny's for me if ya go friday or thursday :waaaah: I finally did find the CCC3 thread. I went last yr for 2 days this yr i'm only going for on..sucks to be me...

ok going to reply to everyone else lol
I have a feeling we might be the entire Con or at least a large part of it.. but I'm not sure..since I've never been.

I have no clue when we are going to Denny's. I can't wait to meet everyone.
I thought we should move (the post) but what's the point because it's still a gathering? (But all of my posts get moved anyway so I don't count).

GingerWolf
02-08-2004, 11:36 PM
lol well the cosplayers and my highschool group will be a large part at the con lol i figure anyways...omgoddess i almost have my mom convinced that me and her should leave friday night if that can be done then we can do this saturday morning!!! my mom...if she comes...will go to the outlite malls over in streetsboro..*Grumbles* mom just came in here and chewed me out..i don't even kno what i did..*sniff sniff* she can be such a meeeanie sometimes..overs she's really cool...starting saying i was mouthing off when all i said was "i know" when she came in and said 'i DO believe you have school to marrow and I DO believe it's 11:30" grrr better go do my homework and work on my costum and room....

Anne Packrat
02-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, we could have a preliminary Denny's gathering at the end of February if you want. And then another before ColossalCon. Does anyone have any suggestions ideas on this?

Rameana
02-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Well, if you all do one at the end of Feb, I wont be able to make it. If you do one the week of the Con or during the Con then I will be there.

Sorry you got in trouble GingerWolf. I wish someone would tell me to go to bed. I need the sleep.*_*

Bobbi
02-09-2004, 07:37 AM
I'm up for it whenever. =)

This is related to CCC3, but since we have a good little group from this forum going (considering this is a tiny con), we should have a little cosplay.com photoshoot on one of the days. As long as it's not early in the morning. I'm planning on driving to the con and back instead of paying for a hotel room. =P I might just go for Friday and Saturday, I donno much about sunday though. =P

I have a few new costumes I hope to debut there. ^^; I'm gonna have to keep them in my car. =P

Recowa
02-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey I live in cleveland and I was just thinking about posting the same thing until I saw it here.. so sure Im from Cleveland and I would love to get together in costume and do some thing! Im going to the CC3 saturday and sunday... I wont be there friday because of school.... I was wondering would anyone like to split room cost and share a room..?

Anne Packrat
02-09-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm up for it whenever. =)
I have a few new costumes I hope to debut there. ^^; I'm gonna have to keep them in my car. =P

Lucky you. With school and a job I have no time for a new costume by then. But I am excited because my Birthday is that Saturday of Colossalcon. I'm psyched for it.

Maybe we could have two gatherings? A preliminary one in February and a later one during the con? And if anyone is doing .hack cosplay, I have a skit you could be a part of....

GingerWolf
02-09-2004, 06:48 PM
a photo shoot!!!! yayayayayaya!! How about we do denny's saturday of the con? that way we can celebrate a birthday too :bigtu: I'm staying all day saturday and leaving sometime sunday. I won't get there sunday until about 10 or 11 in the morning at the lastest.i also found out thata i have a few ppl in my highschool group that are cosplaying....i told a few of my guy friends that aren't going and this is how the convo went

"HOly crap you cosplay???? i didn't know that"
*me shaking head yes* "Yea I do I just started though.."
"Who are ya going to be??"
"Dark chi aka freya"

"ya kno you could do that one chick with the big yaboos off of...."
*me giving dirty look*

grr i hate being short and well developed!!!!!

Rameana
02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Is anyone planning on doing a skit?
I MIGHT do Squall one day and the Guy with the Green hair from Blue Gender or A team rocket....but if somone is planning on doing skit lets talk about it because I want to me in a skit too.....

GingerWolf
02-09-2004, 10:18 PM
anyone going as Light Chi or Elda to CCC3????? :bigtu: i wanna kno if i can pair up with my sissy!!!! *wink wink*

Bobbi
02-10-2004, 09:32 AM
I should have Rinoa v.2 finished by then Ramaena. ^^; I'm also bringing White Mage Yuna, and I might bring one of the following: Puchiko and Tama-Chan or Azumanga Waitress. Hehehe... four (or more) costumes!

I'm planning on an Elda/Chii costume, but I won't have it done until hopefully Otakon because it's very elaborate. But I'll be bringing it to Ikasu and Sugoi too. =)

Anne Packrat
02-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping to do a skit. But I kinda need it limited to .hack, wait, I think I can redo it if I need too. I'd like to bring back another Judge's Award if I can. I could probably come up with something for anyone who wants to participate. Let me know who wants to be in it and what you'll be doing.

Rameana
02-10-2004, 02:17 PM
I guess I'll clean up my Squall costume. And either fix my belts or get new ones. * costume messed up Ohayocon for me...made me miss the photoshoot*
As for my other costume.. I don't know I'm working with a local costume shop for some needs and I keep checking out the fabric stores. I will not start on a costume til the beginning of March, when I should have more time and better weather to work with.

*Sugar*
02-10-2004, 02:58 PM
I finally found the other location of this thread again!! and anyways! about the Dennys thing, I'm up for whenever, but we'd have to be careful about doing it on Saturday of the con, due to the advents that are going on... and Actually, I'm expecting a pretty big croud at this con.. I was there last year, and I was number 75 in the cosplay, and there were a bunch of people behind me also... and that doesn't include the amounts of people there who didn't cosplay ^^ So, We'll probably have a better turn out then you all think ^^ Ah well, we'll soon see!

Rameana
02-10-2004, 05:41 PM
That's why I said Thurs. but how about breakfast on sunday?

GingerWolf
02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
omg i forgot about the long line....*cries* i may not get to register b/c i won't be there till 10!!!!!! sunday morning is fine for me....I have a few ppl who are coming with me are cosplaying..infact one of the ppl in the group last yr..she graduated...is coming and she's...my twin...Dark Chi...lol o well two Freya's are better than none...Maybe i can get our president to wake the hell up and tell her that leaving friday would be waaaay better than leaving saturday morning.... *prepares to kill her president if the unorganized girl makes them late and ginger can't sign up for the cosplay...* :hafha: :untrust:

Anne Packrat
02-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Could we do it after the cosplay on Saturday? Or is there something else going on? Um, I may regret this but I might be able to put up one or two people. I live ten minutes from the Con.

GingerWolf
02-11-2004, 07:58 PM
hey i don't care as long as it's early sunday and sometime Saturday..i don't think their doing anything after the cosplay...

Rameana
02-11-2004, 09:26 PM
oh really, I guess I thought they were going to be jammed pack with events.
I guess I can build me Liger then.

Bobbi
02-23-2004, 12:55 AM
So when are we going to have our first outing? February's almost over, so we might have to do it early March. =)

Anne Packrat
02-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Well how about on a Sunday in early Friday at the Denny's near where the Con'll be. The one a few blocks from it in Independence. I can't pull up a calender but if someone wants to figure out what dates the Sunday's are, then we can figure exact date and time.

GingerWolf
03-01-2004, 09:32 PM
We're Getting Closer

Bobbi
03-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Only about three weeks! *jumps for joy* I wonder if I can get tama-chan done in time? =P

*Sugar*
03-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Ack! It's soo close~ ^^;; It looks like my new costume won't be done unless I bust my booty~ o_o;; ... no, it won't be done~ ^_^;; Ah well, gives me time to plan it properly and make it even better!!

GingerWolf
03-03-2004, 10:24 PM
i'm still waiting on my chi ears and wig..Darn things better get here soon...mines looking great..took pictures of it..but they didn't turn out so well...>_<

GingerWolf
03-04-2004, 04:52 PM
OMG I'M ALMOST DONE WITH MY FREYA!!
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=14199
see see see..what do you guys think!!!!!

Anne Packrat
03-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Anyone going to Frightvision the week after? It's a horror / sci-fi con.
I'm getting school credit for going though.

Rameana
03-05-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm not going to pic up a wig till a week or 2 before the con.
Not next week but the week after. Then I'll get my new belts and post pics. So who is going to be there Firday? And at what time? I'll be at the Con all 3 days. I think ALOT of people are showing up on Sat.

Should I cosplay Squall all three days? Or just on Sat? I only cosplayed Squall on Sat for Ohayocon.

Bobbi
03-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I'll be there on Friday, probably in the morning. I don't know what i'll be wearing that day, but I'll figure it out. I might wear Puchiko or Yuna that day.

I usually wear a costume every day of the con. I'm like that. Hehe.

GingerWolf
03-05-2004, 11:45 PM
>_< SAturday..I tried really i did...>_< i'll be wearing freya...lol and leaving sometime sunday..*sniff sniff* i won't be going to thhe sci fi horror con even though i'd like too...i have school >_<

PowerofPhoenix
03-16-2004, 07:23 AM
HEY! I live in the Elyria area. I'm interested in this cosplay group and I'm going to Cleveland ColossalCon next weekend as Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 and Serge from Chrono Cross. If you see me up there, be sure to say hi! I'm also interested in this "Cleveland cosplay group" so if someone meets me at ColossalCon, I'd like to get details there.

I'll probably be dressed up as Serge on Friday and Cloud on Saturday. Maybe someone could help me with something? I sent in registration money a good three weeks ago. (Maybe even a month) The problem is, it said on the site that I would recieve confirmation of my regisration, which I have not recieved as of yet. I am planning on contacting someone tomorrow about this, but is there certain information I need to include when I do contact them? Please help me out.

Anne Packrat
03-16-2004, 08:18 AM
HEY! I live in the Elyria area. I'm interested in this cosplay group and I'm going to Cleveland ColossalCon next weekend as Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 and Serge from Chrono Cross. If you see me up there, be sure to say hi! I'm also interested in this "Cleveland cosplay group" so if someone meets me at ColossalCon, I'd like to get details there.

We don't have anything definite about it yet. There will be a cosplay.com gathering though.

Lara
03-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey PowerofPhoenix--

I wasn't going to be able to CCC3 but then there was a change of plans so NOW I am able to go! Cha Ching! :) But yes, I had the same problem- I sent in my payment a couple weeks ago and didn't recieve word. I sent an email to the addy listed on the site. Yesterday, someone called me saying that they did in fact recieve my payment. Chances are they recieved it but there is that phone number on the site to call if you're not sure. :)

PowerofPhoenix
03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey PowerofPhoenix--

I wasn't going to be able to CCC3 but then there was a change of plans so NOW I am able to go! Cha Ching! :) But yes, I had the same problem- I sent in my payment a couple weeks ago and didn't recieve word. I sent an email to the addy listed on the site. Yesterday, someone called me saying that they did in fact recieve my payment. Chances are they recieved it but there is that phone number on the site to call if you're not sure. :)

Thank you very very much, Lara-chan! I'm gonna get a hold of someone today if I don't get snail mail notification. :untrust:

Rameana
03-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Yes, Lara!!! Weclome back. Hey guys we have a FF gathering as well. ^_^.

I know I asked this before but when is everyone coming. DAY & TIME..please...

I wonder how many people are going to be at the Con.. ??....

PowerofPhoenix
03-16-2004, 04:49 PM
*o*; I've been registered for ColossalCon! lol. So I'm definately going... now there's the smal issue of what I'm wearing and when. >/

Lara
03-16-2004, 05:27 PM
I'll be there Saturday all day in my FF7 Aeris costume along with my 2 companions who are coming with me dressed as Cloud and Reno. :) I'll be there Sunday all day also... not quite sure which costume I'll bring out for that day.

Rameana
03-16-2004, 06:22 PM
^_^
cool!!!

Anne Packrat
03-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Heh, I'll be there on 1PM or so on Friday as Veemon, and Grunty on Saturday. Sunday may be Naruto.

Bobbi
03-17-2004, 08:01 PM
I'll be there at some point early afternoon on Friday-Sunday. =) I don't know what days I'll be wearing which costumes because I kind of just pick what I feel like wearing whichever day. So look for me wearing this:

White Mage Yuna FFX-2
Rinoa FF8 (Cosplay contest, I'll be wearing this saturday night for sure).
Puchiko, Di Gi Charat
Rinna from Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat. (borrowed costume, but hey. ^^)

There's pics of the first 3 costumes in my gallery so you should be able to recognize me. =P

Artzydivahuf
03-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey, Just FYI, I would be interested in joining, even though I'm from Findlay... are you going to go to Collosal Con in a few weekends?

Artzydivahuf
03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Shoot, I should have read previous posts! hehe. Anyways, I'm gonna be there, as Lilac Lolita Chii and my boyfriend will be Hideki. If you see us, be sure to say hi!!!!

PowerofPhoenix
03-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm SO not sure if I'm wearing any costumes on Sunday

Maybe I won't, and see if you guys can recognize me! :-D

Rameana
03-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I'm not wearing a costume Sunday.
I don't know when I'm going to get there Friday.. maybe 2pm-3pm.
The dance/mixer is at 9pm I WILL be there for sure.

Friday: Davis (digimon season 2)
Saturday: Squall (FFVIII)
Sunday: in an anime shirt

PowerofPhoenix
03-18-2004, 05:59 AM
Seems like Saturday is Final Fantasy Day, lol

PowerofPhoenix
03-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Okay, I need help once again. I can take friends up to ColossalCon with me, but they have to stand in line and register THERE, won't they? They wanna go to this, but I'm not sure if they can still get in. Help!!!!!

Rameana
03-21-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm reg. there on Friday. I think they can get in.

Bobbi
03-21-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm going to register at the door on Friday, I highly doubt Colassal Con will sell out. ^^ You should have no problem getting registered!

We should schedule a time and place for a cosplay.com photoshoot! ^^ I vaugely remmeber the hotel, but maybe we can meet in the lobby area? (getting it confused with ohayocon 02 and ohayocon 03) ^^;;

Dragonmaster
03-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Ill be going all three days as theif lenne. I made up a dress sphere for her. If im not her then im gunna use my songdress that I wore to Ohayocon this year. But most likely ill be the first one ^_^.

Rameana
03-21-2004, 07:38 PM
When did I say the Cosplay.com shoot was ...Sat?
Lobby? What time?

*Sugar*
03-22-2004, 12:38 AM
As for reg and pre-reg, I'm pre-regristered, but no one else who's comming with me is, so I'm in the same boat as you PowerofPhoenix~ I'm gonna be standing in the pre-reg line by my lonesome, while the rest of my group ish paying at the door~ ahh well, all should be fine... And as for costumes, I still have no clue what I'm wearing and when.... Of course Dejiko... and maybe some other outfits... {I was requested to help other with their costumes, so I haven't been able to make much of anything new for myself~ *sigh*} but yesh... Wow the con is getting even closer, ish everyone ready?!

Rameana
03-22-2004, 12:44 AM
No, I'm not ready.

Anne Packrat
03-22-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm gonna be standing in the pre-reg line by my lonesome, while the rest of my group ish paying at the door~

Heck, I don't even have a group. (I have one for cosplay) I'll be lonesome all by myself all the time. But I will see you in the pre-reg line.

Rameana
03-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Heck, I don't even have a group. (I have one for cosplay) I'll be lonesome all by myself all the time. But I will see you in the pre-reg line.

Really? What happened to me? I can't hang out with you?
I'm all alone, too.

PowerofPhoenix
03-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Someone PLEASE hang out with me, too! I mean, I'm planning to meet Lara this weekend too, but who knows when that's gonna happen? I don't think we're planning to meet until Saturday, when I'm in my Cloud costume. But Friday, I'll be going as Serge from Chrono Cross, AKA the character in my avatar. My mom's helping me work out the finishing details on my Cloud costume this week, so hopefully, it'll be done by Saturday. I've still gotta learn to do Cloud's hairstyle too! Oh yeah, I'm SO not ready, lol.

clowcards
03-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Iím almost done with my costume of the communicator/washi from Haibane Renmei. Itís my first costume, so itís not that great. Iíll be there Friday and Saturday with my older brother, whoís not cosplaying as anything.

Anne Packrat
03-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Really? What happened to me? I can't hang out with you?
I'm all alone, too.

Oh, well sure, I'll hang. We can um, look at the amazing mess my apartment is, and um, pet my rats!

Rameana
03-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, we can all hang out together, that'll be fun. One big group. Just make sure we find each other.
If you see me, Davis from Digimon friday come on over an indroduce yourself.

Anne Packrat: Is your place that close to the Con?

Anne Packrat
03-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah, we can all hang out together, that'll be fun. One big group. Just make sure we find each other.
If you see me, Davis from Digimon friday come on over an indroduce yourself.

Anne Packrat: Is your place that close to the Con?

Yeah I'm like 10 minutes from it. It's VERY messy. I'm not kidding. You can walk but that's it. Bobbi's staying with me.

Rameana
03-23-2004, 11:57 PM
cool.
i was just wondering.

Recowa
04-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Hello... The Colossal con is now over how did everyone like it..? ^.^ I was there on Saturday dressed up as Boy half Ranma from Ranma 1/2 in his Tai-Chi gi. I was wondering did anyone want to get together and do something in costume? Perhaps have a picnic or something...?

Anne Packrat
04-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, I'm going to figure out a time we can meet at a random Denny's in costume. There will be some basic rules though. (No scantily clad, or bulky costumes, and you MUST tip very well. Like 20 or 22%.)

Rameana
04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
But if they treat us bad do they still get that tip? I'd like to do a picnic, it's good weather now... I wish there were some Sakura trees around there, that would be awesome. ^_^

Recowa
04-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Alright that sounds fun to me. ^.^

Anne Packrat
04-12-2004, 07:18 PM
But if they treat us bad do they still get that tip? I'd like to do a picnic, it's good weather now... I wish there were some Sakura trees around there, that would be awesome. ^_^

Yeah that'd be cool. Well, the thing is that we are imposing on them, and we should at least leave a 15% tip if we have a party over 8 people.

Rameana
04-12-2004, 07:37 PM
oh.. never mind about the tip thing... I was confused and miss understood what u were saying.

Lara
04-13-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm all for a get-together. (and so is Dark Kakkarot aka the Cloud who says "JAAAMES!") I think the picnic idea sounds like a cool idea. Sounds like it could be a whole afternoon of activities if there was a picnic (FRISSSBEEEE!! and etc.). And more chance for photo opportunities. :rockon: But any sort of get-together sounds cool.

Anne Packrat
04-14-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm all for a get-together. (and so is Dark Kakkarot aka the Cloud who says "JAAAMES!") I think the picnic idea sounds like a cool idea. Sounds like it could be a whole afternoon of activities if there was a picnic (FRISSSBEEEE!! and etc.). And more chance for photo opportunities. :rockon: But any sort of get-together sounds cool.

Then get thee over to my More On Cleveland Cosplay thread and post.

NibelheimStryfe
07-12-2004, 03:23 PM
You were at the lakewood library anime festival as well, correct? If so, I was there as Shinji Ikari... and at Colossal Con i was DarkVash AKA Spork

Lara
07-16-2004, 10:09 PM
LOL! I loved ya at ColossalCon. Spork-- Knives' brother that was raised alternatively.

NibelheimStryfe
07-17-2004, 02:35 AM
LOL! I loved ya at ColossalCon. Spork-- Knives' brother that was raised alternatively.

Well, I look forward to seeing you again at Ohayocon and CCC4! Sporks final tour of duty will be the true darkvash (Not idiot, but pure evil... ) at Otakon...

NibelheimStryfe
09-23-2004, 09:08 AM
I'mnot from cleveland but i did live in streetsboro...a a$$ backwards little town...no offense to anyone who lives there i just hated it...I'm going to colossal con too..i was wondering if anyone on these forms was going...i'm going with my highschool anime group..this will be my first time cosplaying..i'm going as DArk Chi (Freya)...What are you guys going as?

HOLY HELL!? A PERSON FROM THE BORO!? XD I remember when there were yearly fights with Streetsboro kids and Kids from Aurora (Where I still live) at Fun-N-Stuf! Heh... Thats cool. BTW, Aurora sucks too... heh

Mamochan
10-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Wow I'm coming into this a bit late. I would love to help get a cosplay/anime group together. I've been in OH for 7 months and I still dont have many people to talk to.

Anne Packrat
10-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Um, okay. Be sure to check the Cleveland Cosplay Forum regularly. We post meetings there.

Manahime88
02-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Thats funny! I helped my sister with her con-fit during and after school! She was Miyabi at Ohayoucon05 from Jibun Kakumei 2003. I'm going to Collosal Con this year beacuse I live 10 mins from the place if I go by freeway. I offer tips if anyone wants some! ^____^

MarissaMelodie
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
i live in clee=veland (mayfield hts) and I would love to join! i just started but ya, email me at mmbiglolz@gmail.com

Anne Packrat
09-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Hon, this is a four year old thread. The best way to find like minded local cosplay people would be to sign up for the Colossal or Ohayo forums as they are our local cons.