PDA

View Full Version : Otakon Cosplay Winners

kelldar
11-09-2002, 01:09 PM
I've been waiting to see if Otakon would put this up on their site, but... well, they haven't!
My friend and I entered the friday costume contest. Saturday night after the masq, I thought they read friday's winners, and according to that we didn't win (that whole post-masq thing was confusing anyway). Not a big deal, but when I get home, we're up on fansview as having got 3rd place journeyman. eh? I would trust Mr Lillard on this as he was one of the judges, but... argh I'm just so confused!
I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of winners or *anything.* It's been bugging me since then. I don't want to say I won this award if we really didn't, and if we really did... well, I'd just like to know.

Ok end of rambling ><;

SailorAndromeda
11-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Yeah, the way they "announced" winners really sucked. They better get their acts together for this year. I can't seem to think of any place that has winners listed besides fansview. Sorry I can't be of more help ^^

kelldar
11-27-2002, 04:49 PM
I'm sure they'll change that next year! A lot of people weren't happy with that...
I've given up worrying about it, if I do finally found out I'll correct myself ^_^;;

Doc Stampede
11-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Humm.. odd.. I thought we'd posted the winners of the Masquerade and Costume contests... I will look into it.

We're always trying to improve things, and the Masquerade and Costume Contests, as well as the Awards ceremony, are on the board for changes this year.

Doc (Otakon Staff drone) ;)

Kain
11-27-2002, 11:42 PM
Just don't get rid of Steve, everyone's favorite Otakon Audio/Video monkey. :)

SailorAndromeda
11-28-2002, 11:11 PM
yes, we like Steve. Steve is good. Love to the Steve ^^
hey, do you know why Otakon doesn't give out Hall Awards? Just a thought, it would be kinda nice, though maybe there are just too many people?

Kamui Motoaki
11-29-2002, 12:43 AM
Break Dance Royal = DQ'd!!!!!
LoL

Doc Stampede
11-30-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by SailorAndromeda
yes, we like Steve. Steve is good. Love to the Steve ^^
hey, do you know why Otakon doesn't give out Hall Awards? Just a thought, it would be kinda nice, though maybe there are just too many people?

Well, one aspect I would surmise would be... with the amazing number of cosplayers who appear at the con... Running a hall cosplay contest would be a pretty amazing endeavor. ..

The other aspect would be, no one has stepped up to take that possibility on. You could always float it to info@otakon.com as a suggestion. Anything's possible, but since I'm not part of events staff I couldn't hazard any guess as to when or if it woudl happen. :)

Doc

SailorAndromeda
11-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Alrighty then. I was just curious. I know it would a lot of work, since there are SO many cosplayers. If I remember, I'll try emailing someone or something.
Maybe Steve could do it ^^

Jibrille
11-30-2002, 09:52 PM
>>>" Not a big deal, but when I get home, we're up on fansview as having got 3rd place journeyman. eh? I would trust Mr Lillard on this as he was one of the judges, but... argh I'm just so confused! "

yeah, on a similar note:
me, arisuchan, and ladysomairot had all won awards at the Saturday night costume contest.
yet when we got back from the con, and since then, the winners for saturday nights costume contest were never posted on fansview. (or anywhere that i know of anyway).
we were very sad. after that loooong day of cosplay competition its always nice to see your pic when ya get back, yaknow?

its way past now, but at the time we were like "?????"

cause its nice evidence that we won, kinda like how you said you dont want to run around saying you won if you arent sure or not. that is really odd how they announced all that. o.O

Doc Stampede
11-30-2002, 11:44 PM
*sigh* There were alot of technical issues and whatnot with the awards ceremony.

We've got someone on it. ^_^;

Doc