PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my Aerith costume.

Sephy-Girl
11-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Does anyone know where to get or how to make those metal cuffs on Aerith's sleeves? That's one of the things my costume is missing. Also, I need those bracelets she wears. Other than that, It's pretty much complete.

plovor
11-09-2002, 04:28 PM
You should contact "Aeris" who is the official Aeris cosplayer;).

psythe
11-09-2002, 04:55 PM
She's got a killer site loaded with photos

http://www.aeriscosplay.com/

Hope this helps ^^;

plovor
11-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Yes indeed.I forgot to mention her site.Try the forums there for lots of help;).

Yuna
11-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Uhhhh... Not to sound like a damper, but I get the impression that Aeris gets kinda annoyed when people are constantly e-mailing and PMing her how she made her Aeris costume...

plovor
11-09-2002, 05:10 PM
I don't think she would mind if you asked from the forums would she?

psythe
11-09-2002, 05:12 PM
If that WAS the case then she wouldn't have her website in her profile nor an entire website dedicated to the act of Aeris Cosplay.

Aeris: If this IS the case and you dislike me posting your website for people to see, I am sorry and will refrain from future posts.

TyJILDown
11-09-2002, 09:54 PM
I had asked her this question since I really admired what an incredible job she did and will be needing gauntlets for my Kiros costume...here was her response:

"well my wrist things are plastic and my sleeve things are aluminum. It's really hard to explain how I made them. I used to work in an armory wher eI learned how to taper metals."

SO unless you got some connections, I doubt you can make them like she did.

I'm going to try to make them hinged style out of wood someway...I've gotta play around...

soshi
11-09-2002, 09:59 PM
I would sugggest making them out of pleather, or another shiney or "metallic-looking" fabric (not satin...), and stuffing them. plushie armor!

or you could always buy sheet metal and slice it and shape it, but that might be a major pain in the ass unless you know what you're doing.

Yuna
11-10-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by psyth3
If that WAS the case then she wouldn't have her website in her profile nor an entire website dedicated to the act of Aeris Cosplay.

Aeris: If this IS the case and you dislike me posting your website for people to see, I am sorry and will refrain from future posts.

Simply becuase someone has a website doesn't mean that they are perfectly happy and willing to help whoever wants to know anything about her content whenever they like. Websites are out there to share things with other people; in this case her Aeris costume. If she wanted to share with the world how she made her Aeris costume, then she would havea a website dedicated to how she made it. Just because she has a website with her costume on it doesn't mean she wants to share with everyone how much time and work she put into it, just that it looks great.

psythe
11-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Yuna-

Far be it from me to want to start any bad conflict on this board. I have sent a PM to Aeris asking her opinion on the matter, and if she does not like her link being here, I will edit the post, and remove the link.

I am sorry if I offended you in any way. *bows and offers peace pocky* ^^v

Yuna
11-10-2002, 11:46 AM
You didn't offend me, and this wasn't at all about you linking her website. I was just saying, if everyone who wanted to make an Aeris costume asked Aeris(board) how she made her's, then I'm *SURE* she's get annoyed with the people who were doign the asking. And I know that she's gotten quote a few PMs and E-mails from people wanted to do Aeris costumes. So, maybe ask Missy: http://deadmoogle.com or other Aeirs cosplayers, or, just be inventive and figure out your own way to do it so that when someone asks you how you could explain how YOU did it, not how Adella did.

Adella
11-10-2002, 02:47 PM
I have my website listed in my profile and sig because I want people to visit it. Just because my site is about aeris cosplay... MY AERIS COSTUME it doesn't mean I have a tutorial, or any of my members on my forum have a tutorial. My members actually talk about the weirdest stuff and nothing cosplay related ^_^;

Plus I've given up helping people with Aeris costumes, I get at least 10 emails a week about it, plus PMs, and people harassing me on AIM about it. I used to help people, before I started getting swamped with it.

I worked very hard to make my costume, I came up with all the ideas and methods of making it perfect on my own. Perhaps other people should too without me holding their hand.

psythe
11-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Understood. ^^v

Adella
11-10-2002, 08:30 PM
now if anyone does want to please help Sephy-Girl... That's what this thread was about.

psythe
11-11-2002, 07:20 AM
Melchior, posted a link in the following post...

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2717

It's a tutorial for making prop weapons, buuuuuut, maybe some of the methods might be useful for you in making the cuffs.

Sephy-Girl
11-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Hey, thanx! That is really helpful!

Missy
11-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Dur?

This is all late and all.. But when I made mine, heavy sheetmetal and bolts. metal= good ^^ But yeah, I guess that if you don't wanna mold the things yourself, mosey around supply stores and see what you can find.