PDA

View Full Version : OTAKU CRAIGSLIST -kinda- FACEBOOK GROUP

Fullflame333
06-28-2012, 04:41 PM
There is a group on facebook now for those wishing to sell and communicate with other sellers/buyers on facebook. I just wanted to share this here for anybody interested in joining.

kinda like Otaku Craigslist (https://www.facebook.com/groups/455680527779647/)

Serial_lover
07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Hey i wanted to point out a problem going on in this group that the Admin. is ignoring.
Recently someone asked how to avoid pay-pal fees and someone decided to answer it by saying mark it as a gift for the transaction.

Anyone who has read the paypal user agreement knows 1. pay-pal cannot protect you if you technically gave someone a "gift" under false pretenses. 2. Pay-pal can possibly block you from making future transactions like this or take legal action against you.

3. You shouldn't tell people to do this without explaining to them the risks. This is not about morals its about protecting yourself.

A large fight ensued which the member deleted afterward.

Then a document within the group was created with her opinion stated very clearly. that "knowledge was power" and you should be able to bypass fees regardless of "morals"

the document contained no expression of the legality of this practice or its severe dangers.

The admin of this group cannot be contacted which puts up a red flag.

My advice is to be wary of this group. If this mentality persists inside it then you are at risk for fraud. We do not want to see anyone get hurt in any way but we want people to realize that there is not a admin to contact for help if you do get hurt and this group does not promote honest paypal usage.

Just thought that needed to be said..

Fullflame333
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I was unaware of these happenings but you do bring up a good point. I am not the moderator for the group I just thought it'd be a good thing to share.