PDA

View Full Version : Otakuthon's Volunteers

daydreamer2882
06-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Hello fellow Otaku.

This is my first time going to an anime con and I would like to know how many cons have you been to and are you going to volunteer at this con?

I'm volunteering at the Cosplay Cafe...

How about you?

MelMuff
06-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I have been to many cons now. My first con was AC-Cubed in Ottawa back in 2006. It no longer exists but has been replaced with Naru 2U. I go to it every year. It remains a very small con but it's the closest one to where I live. I have also been to G-Anime in Gatineau twice, Anime North three times and Otakuthon three times. This year, I already went to AN and will go to Otakuthon and Naru 2U again later this year. I also plan to attend a mini con in July and Anime Revolution in Vancouver two weeks after Otakuthon. They are hosting a special Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary event, which I cannot miss as SM is my fav Anime ever. I have a huge SM collection.

After all the cons I have been to, Otakuthon is my fav by far. I luv the location. The Palais de Congres is beautiful but my fav place inside the building happens to be the Cosplay Cafe. The look of it is splendid. I especially luv the outside terrace. The attendance is also perfect. Not as many people as AN. This year I found AN overcrowded and doubt I will go back to it in the future.

Sadly though, I will not be volunteering. I did think about it but I live too far away. If there are regular meetings to attend, I wouldn't be able to make it. I would also prefer to enjoy the con anyway. I worry that volunteering could take away too much of my time. Glad that you can volunteer though. You guys keep things running smoothly. Kudos to you.

So I hope to see you there. If you see Katara or a white Neko, that will be me. :)

daydreamer2882
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Aww. I wish you could volunteer. You travel a lot. My parents were wondering if they would let me even go to this con. They don't really understand.

I have been to many cons now. My first con was AC-Cubed in Ottawa back in 2006. It no longer exists but has been replaced with Naru 2U. I go to it every year. It remains a very small con but it's the closest one to where I live. I have also been to G-Anime in Gatineau twice, Anime North three times and Otakuthon three times. This year, I already went to AN and will go to Otakuthon and Naru 2U again later this year. I also plan to attend a mini con in July and Anime Revolution in Vancouver two weeks after Otakuthon. They are hosting a special Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary event, which I cannot miss as SM is my fav Anime ever. I have a huge SM collection.

After all the cons I have been to, Otakuthon is my fav by far. I luv the location. The Palais de Congres is beautiful but my fav place inside the building happens to be the Cosplay Cafe. The look of it is splendid. I especially luv the outside terrace. The attendance is also perfect. Not as many people as AN. This year I found AN overcrowded and doubt I will go back to it in the future.

Sadly though, I will not be volunteering. I did think about it but I live too far away. If there are regular meetings to attend, I wouldn't be able to make it. I would also prefer to enjoy the con anyway. I worry that volunteering could take away too much of my time. Glad that you can volunteer though. You guys keep things running smoothly. Kudos to you.

So I hope to see you there. If you see Katara or a white Neko, that will be me. :)

MelMuff
07-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Aww. I wish you could volunteer. You travel a lot. My parents were wondering if they would let me even go to this con. They don't really understand.

Oh! I hope you will be able to make it in the end. Cons were not around when I was a kid and I only found out about AN when I was 20 but at the time, I was too poor to go and had to wait 5 years until I finished college and got a full time job in order to afford to go to AN and luckily I discovered AC-Cubed while in college and it was close by when I lived in residence at college. Maybe one day I can volunteer but it would have to be at Naru 2U in Ottawa and that can only happen once I move to Ottawa. I live near Cornwall so both Ottawa and Montreal are far away for me and are long drives. It's enough that I take a rural bus every weekday to Ottawa because I work downtown. I still live at home with my parents so I am saving on rent but I should move out soon since I will be 31 next week. LOL I am just not quite ready yet and I never had a boyfriend. Plus, I cannot leave my cat. He is special to me as he is my little boy. :D But no matter what, I will attend cons as long as I can. I even attended my first comiccon earlier this year in Ottawa. Man, those are so different than Anime conventions. I might even come to the one in Montreal in September just to see Kevin Sorbo.

daydreamer2882
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
What? Really? Anime played an important role in my childhood. Especially waking up so early to watch pokemon and sailor moon. I was just into manga last year and now I just wonder how did live without it. I have never been any convention including comic con. I wish I could see your cat. I'm allergic to cats sadly....

Oh! I hope you will be able to make it in the end. Cons were not around when I was a kid and I only found out about AN when I was 20 but at the time, I was too poor to go and had to wait 5 years until I finished college and got a full time job in order to afford to go to AN and luckily I discovered AC-Cubed while in college and it was close by when I lived in residence at college. Maybe one day I can volunteer but it would have to be at Naru 2U in Ottawa and that can only happen once I move to Ottawa. I live near Cornwall so both Ottawa and Montreal are far away for me and are long drives. It's enough that I take a rural bus every weekday to Ottawa because I work downtown. I still live at home with my parents so I am saving on rent but I should move out soon since I will be 31 next week. LOL I am just not quite ready yet and I never had a boyfriend. Plus, I cannot leave my cat. He is special to me as he is my little boy. :D But no matter what, I will attend cons as long as I can. I even attended my first comiccon earlier this year in Ottawa. Man, those are so different than Anime conventions. I might even come to the one in Montreal in September just to see Kevin Sorbo.

daydreamer2882
07-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Bump~

daydreamer2882
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Bump~