PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Gathering List

Squall
02-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Its up on the PMX Message Board (http://www.pacific-media-expo.com/dcforum/DCForumID34/2.html)

katchoo
02-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks! I'm going to that con this year! Very excited!

Michi
02-07-2004, 12:15 AM
@____@ That's right, it's the exact same location as last and this year's AX.. So we won't have much trouble picking gathering spots, huh? XD Hmmm.

Squall
02-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Nope, should be fairly simple to pick outsome good spots ^_^

shogun
02-07-2004, 01:07 AM
@____@ That's right, it's the exact same location as last and this year's AX.. So we won't have much trouble picking gathering spots, huh? XD Hmmm.

Well, like I said, we are trying to set up a dedicated cosplay square. I am negotiating with some of the convention sponsors to see if we can do some fun things with that area.

FYI, we are also negotiating for a car show, so you Initial D cosplayers know where to go...

Mike

Anele
02-07-2004, 01:14 AM
If I can find a ride, I MIGHT attend ^_^

Squall
02-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Well, like I said, we are trying to set up a dedicated cosplay square. I am negotiating with some of the convention sponsors to see if we can do some fun things with that area.

FYI, we are also negotiating for a car show, so you Initial D cosplayers know where to go...

Mike

Coolness. Yay for Cars!! Tho, bringing in the Import Scene might get ya more then just cosplayers ....creepy car show goer's @_@ *brings a stick to whack them* >3

Anele
02-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Keep me posted on what day the Final Fantasy gathering (if one) is, since I'll only have enough for a one-day badge. Savin' up for AX, ya know. ^_~

Anele
02-07-2004, 07:08 PM
*nods* I understand. PMX does indeed have the look of AX, and it looks fun to attend. Is there any talk of any of the reg personnel going back to AX after getting registration for PMX settled to lend their registration knowledge to that convention? It's surprising how PMX has their registration up already, and AX (which had its 2003 registration up in October of 2002, I believe) doesn't. Any rumors of anything? -_-

Kitty
02-09-2004, 01:07 AM

Mike[/QUOTE]

OH dear god PLEASE PLEASE PLLLEASE try to get that going my car is the Initial D promotiong car an dmy crew and I would love to be a part of that . This will finally give me the chance I always wanted to cosplay with my car and be Mako and have a gathering with cars and cosplay !!!!!!
* cant hold back excitement* Must drive down a moutain pass and blast Initial D mega mix and TMR in the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryssa
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Actually, I didn't just get the reg division head, almost the entire registration department has moved over to PMX as well.

You'll probably find that a lot of PMX will have a lot of the old AX look and feel. After AX transitioned to a new management team in 2001, a lot of staffers started leaving to look for new challenges. I recruited many of them back. Many have a sincere desire to help to fulfill my vision of a pop culture show that could act as a focal point of the Asian artistic and business community. AX will still happen, and I'm sure the show will be a lot of fun. However, I won't hide the fact that I'm trying to recruit the best staffers from every convention to see if they want to do something new and definitely a lot more challenging...
I am not attempting to be negative or take sides in regard to this, but I would just like to point out that it seems somewhat unprofessional to rub this up against AX things. It comes off in a bad way and it almost sounds like you want people to attend because it's the rival or 'anti-AX' or something. That is just the impression I get with all the mentions of the other con. Arent anime conventions all supporting the same cause? As cosplay.com staff, I would recommend not comparing these two conventions from this point on. Please leave your politics to yourself and let the con-goers experience cons for the sake of fandom, please.

Kitty
02-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Shogun san? Is there any news of the Initial D car meet/cosplay deal or is it not going to happen.

shogun
03-08-2004, 11:19 PM

Mike

OH dear god PLEASE PLEASE PLLLEASE try to get that going my car is the Initial D promotiong car an dmy crew and I would love to be a part of that . This will finally give me the chance I always wanted to cosplay with my car and be Mako and have a gathering with cars and cosplay !!!!!!
* cant hold back excitement* Must drive down a moutain pass and blast Initial D mega mix and TMR in the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, looks like the car show is a green light. I should be posting details shortly. First word will be on the PMX board.

Mike

Kitty
03-13-2004, 12:16 PM
:jjacks: :love: :jjacks: :love:

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

I a so happy I hope I can get my other car fixed up by then! When ever you get more detailes just e mail me here or let me know on the board < URL removed >

Edit: There is no soliciting of outside websites on Cosplay.com. Please read the rules for more information.

nuriko001
03-15-2004, 03:22 PM
will there be any j-rock cosplayers amongst the crowd?

DriftMyCressida
03-24-2004, 01:30 AM

oh no....PMX meets HIN........

i swear to god if i see underglow kits, fat go fast exhaust tips, gaudy bright neon paint jobs, or ugly Black Widow body kits, that cheesy park bench of a rear spoiler is gonna go where the sun don't shine!!!

sorry...going off on a rant there....just trying to say....KEEP IT TASTEFUL!!!!! oh and dammit just because the car has bolt ons doesn't make it fast!!! an extra 15 horses does not make that much of a difference. really it doesn't. just means you can cover the 1/4 mile a 1/4 of a second faster....if even that....whoopdy ha ha.....

prelude owners...i'm keeping a close eye on you guys. BETTER REPRESENT!!!!!! ^_^

P.S. jebus!!! how many more fujiwara AE86 copies am i gonna see?!?!? i swear to gawd...i feel sorry for the original 86 owners....all those little ricers buying SR5 corollas and acting like they're drifters....my heart goes out to all of you guys man.

once again guys...sorry for the rant and thank you for listening. this has been a paid advertisement by the CoP.

shogun
04-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Shogun san? Is there any news of the Initial D car meet/cosplay deal or is it not going to happen.

Yes, the legendary Jerry Chu Initial D car will be on display in the auto display.

Mike

Ami Yuy
04-26-2004, 01:32 AM
Its up on the PMX Message Board (http://www.pacific-media-expo.com/dcforum/DCForumID34/2.html)

I'm confused...is there actually a list of gatherings yet? Are there any gatherings planned yet? I must have missed it on the link, but I didn't see any...

Squall
04-26-2004, 01:37 PM
honestly, the gathering list for PMX is pretty much non-existant at this time. If anyone wants a gathering listed, I guess post it.

Yui
05-01-2004, 01:59 AM
will there be any j-rock cosplayers amongst the crowd?

Hehe, you know there will be at least a dozen psychos, if that's what you mean. ^_- (Um...and of course some of us with -multiple- plc costumes, too.) We should get a roll call going or something.
Eh, people have been bugging me to bring one of my Kaoru's too, but I probably won't have time. This is very weird that this is the first con that I -won't- be cosplaying at every moment, tho. (There's actually *gasp* programming content for once....too much!)

AgentSakur9
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
oh no....PMX meets HIN........

i swear to god if i see underglow kits, fat go fast exhaust tips, gaudy bright neon paint jobs, or ugly Black Widow body kits, that cheesy park bench of a rear spoiler is gonna go where the sun don't shine!!!

sorry...going off on a rant there....just trying to say....KEEP IT TASTEFUL!!!!! oh and dammit just because the car has bolt ons doesn't make it fast!!! an extra 15 horses does not make that much of a difference. really it doesn't. just means you can cover the 1/4 mile a 1/4 of a second faster....if even that....whoopdy ha ha.....

prelude owners...i'm keeping a close eye on you guys. BETTER REPRESENT!!!!!! ^_^

P.S. jebus!!! how many more fujiwara AE86 copies am i gonna see?!?!? i swear to gawd...i feel sorry for the original 86 owners....all those little ricers buying SR5 corollas and acting like they're drifters....my heart goes out to all of you guys man.

once again guys...sorry for the rant and thank you for listening. this has been a paid advertisement by the CoP.

HA HA HA HE SAID HIN! Eww!!! HA HA.. I Always wondered why people make such a big deal about engine HP/Torque etc... It's not like they can SHOW IT OFF at a car show. Hell, I'd just lie. Who Cares. Besides we live in a "all show no go" world now. And Street Racing is still illegal. H AHAHA

Crap I went off topic a little bit. whoops... It's funny, I work for two carshow production company's.... and they still rejected me! HA HA HA silly PMX - I coulda helped with staging. I have done that for at least 12 Extreme Autofests. HAHAH

Kitty
05-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Mike put your car in it now that you have become a honda whore . YOU ADMITTED IT I HAVE PROOF! I dunno if I should put my new car in it maybe the ghetto SER , yeah that will fit the bill now if only I could get those damn side skirts painted in time .

Squall
05-07-2004, 12:47 AM
OK BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE....@_@

PMX is only a few weeks away, so if you'd like to post a Gathering, do so here so I can compile and set it up before the CON.......see you guys there!

LadyAmaryllis
05-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Well, since nobody else has posted a hoped-for gathering, I guess I will!

I'd like to see a Cowboy Bebop gathering, because...I'm cosplaying as Julia. Lol. Anyone else from CB?

I'm not sure how big PMX is. This will be my first time attending. Is the cosplay population there large enough to have gatherings of say, more than 2 people? If so, then you should just pick the biggest/most commonly cosplayed shows, set gathering times for those, and then people will say "HEY where is Cowboy Bebop!?" or "HEY where is Gothic Lolita!?", and then you can expand it from there.

Meh...a suggestion. I just want to make sure we set up the gatherings. We're running out of time! ;_;

Squall
05-09-2004, 03:25 PM
ok everyone, I'm still compiling a list here, so if you have a finalized time slot ya want a gathering at, post it here so I can add it!! :)

aznaphrodite
05-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Squall - Please add Final Fantasy gathering for Saturday at noon between Hilton and Convention Center.

Thanks!

Squall
05-16-2004, 11:09 AM
ooooooooooooooooooky dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooky, it has been added to the list on the PMX forum

LadyAmaryllis
05-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Okay, I understand what we're doing now. Lol.

Add a Cowboy Bebop on Saturday at 1pm between the Hilton and the Convention Center. I might be the only one...but..,*shakes fist* It will be awesome. Lol.

shogun
05-23-2004, 08:27 PM
When all these are done, please send them to webmaster@pacificmediaexpo.com so he can post them.

Mike

Clueless Case
05-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Gothic loltia gatherin at 1 tween CC and hilton

positivespace
05-24-2004, 05:15 AM
Psycho le Cemu gathering on Saturday directly following their 11:30am panel... as for location... I think we'll figure it out after the panel lets out.

aznaphrodite
05-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Squall - Can you add King of Fighters gathering on Sunday at noon between Hilton and Convention Center and Sailor Moon gathering at the Sailor Moon panel on Monday. Time and place to be announced.

Jubei-chan
05-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Trigun gathering is Sunday at 11/1130am immediatly following the Nightow panel!

Ami Yuy
05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Squall - Can you add King of Fighters gathering on Sunday at noon between Hilton and Convention Center and Sailor Moon gathering at the Sailor Moon panel on Monday. Time and place to be announced.

Aw no! I'm only going Saturday, most likely in my SM stuff too. -_- I've never made it to an SM gathering yet.

positivespace
05-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Hey Squall...change that PLC gathering to Sunday after their panel... they changed schedules on us, those tricksy con organizers. ;D

LadyAmaryllis
05-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Aw no! I'm only going Saturday, most likely in my SM stuff too. -_- I've never made it to an SM gathering yet.

Have no fear! We'll go to the SM gathering at Anime Expo. Sounds like there's going to be a ton of villains there! *sobs happily*. It's going to be awesome.

Hey Squall, you haven't deserted us, right? Are we just talking to ourselves? ;_;

Squall
05-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Nope, I'm still here....lurking around bwhahaahaha...nah more like really busy with STUFFS.

Clueless Case - what day for the Gothic Lolita Gathering?

Everyone - Last day to submit a gathering to the list, which I will mirror here after its complete, will be Wednesday May 26th...tomorrow!! XO

Clueless Case
05-25-2004, 06:03 PM
sunday..sorry

aznaphrodite
05-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Squall - King of Fighters will be on Saturday 3 pm. Thanks!

Squall
05-26-2004, 05:15 PM
ok I got it.

Anymore gatherings that wanna be posted MUST BE POSTED BY TONIGHT so they can be put up on the PMX site. Deadline is tonight at 11:59pm @___@

aznaphrodite
05-26-2004, 10:20 PM
We still don't know where the Sailor Moon panel is (if you can't tell by Gina's thread). -.- Can you put a note on the gathering list to look for fliers at the con and/or check the Sailor Moon Gathering thread at Cosplay.com? Sorry!

Tetsugyu
05-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey Wayne, I'd like to post the gathering time for Battle Royale but the thread thinks it's best to do it before or after the BR viewing. I don't even know where that is or when! I couldn't find a Schedual for cinema on the site. I don't want to step on Rouge Marvel's toes either since she began the thread on it. Know of anything that could help me out?

aznaphrodite
05-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Wayne - If you don't mind updating, the Sailor Moon gathering will be after the Sailor Jamboree panel, which is Monday 1 pm in California Room A

Thanks!

Jack Kim
05-28-2004, 10:53 PM
See you all there tomorrow!

Maryssa
05-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Well the FF gathering was basically non-existant. So I'm glad I didnt rush to complete what I had left of my Rikku costume for it. I just walked around with my wig on =p

Anele
05-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Awww, sorry to hear that, Maryssa! -_- Will you attend the FF gathering at AX? (I'm sure that won't be non-existant, hehe).

LadyAmaryllis
05-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Lol, yeah. The Bebop gathering was pretty much non existant, too. It was Jubei-chan, me, and a Spike (towel and toothbrush Spike ^_^), and we were all laughing at how pathetic we were when another Spike walked by. So we took our pictures real quick before the Spike could escape, and that was our gathering. Ah well, it was fun ^_^

Anele
05-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Cowboy Bebop, too? What gathering was existant? XD Lol.

Ami Yuy
05-30-2004, 12:37 PM
The Naruto one had quite a few people...

Ura-Kou
05-30-2004, 01:37 PM
The Naruto one has quite a few people...

Naturally =\

Naruto is toooo popular XP

Anele
05-30-2004, 02:53 PM
No kidding...

I want to see JUST how many Naruto cosplayers are at Anime Expo... i fear a mob of clones. XD

What other PMX gatherings were worth-while?