PDA

View Full Version : Naruto question: Rock Lee

Turquoise
02-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Does anybody have any ideas on how to make (or buy) the orange leg things that Rock Lee wears?

trabus
02-06-2004, 09:39 PM
I made mine by taking a large square of orange fabric, with a rectangle of batting that is half the height but the same length of the large square. Then fold the square in half and place the rectangle on top of the folded square. Sew it along the top edge, then pull the tube inside out. Topstitch along the top and bottom of edges of the tube, then topstitch several vertical lines along the length of the tube each 2 or 3 inches apart to acheive the ribbed look. when you have finished the vertical lines, fold the ends of the tube together and sew it along the end. Turn it inside out and you've got a leg warmer. :)

Here's a pic: http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/1093rock1.jpg

RoxieRocket
02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
I made mine by taking a large square of orange fabric, with a rectangle of batting that is half the height but the same length of the large square. Then fold the square in half and place the rectangle on top of the folded square. Sew it along the top edge, then pull the tube inside out. Topstitch along the top and bottom of edges of the tube, then topstitch several vertical lines along the length of the tube each 2 or 3 inches apart to acheive the ribbed look. when you have finished the vertical lines, fold the ends of the tube together and sew it along the end. Turn it inside out and you've got a leg warmer. :)

Here's a pic: http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/1093rock1.jpg

You did it the hard way XD I would have purchased some white (or tan, or yellow) legwarmers and dyed them orange.

btw- the eyes are what totally make your costume ultra-awesome. Ping pong balls? :D

the_tennyo
02-07-2004, 03:36 AM
trabus you are you one the 2 best rock lee cosplayers I have ever seen :) good job.
yah I would have just gotten some legwarmers and dyed them orange and drew some black likes going down hahaha. or make them but just put a casing for elastic at the top so they stay up...

Turquoise
02-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the advice :)

ayanamilisa
02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the advice :)
i bought the whole thing at good will lol except headband.
I bought a big ribbed orange sweater and cut of the sleeves and tailored
them to look more like leg warmers i'll post pics soon but it looked good

fortunatly i found some green warmup bottoms and turtle neck in the
kids section lol they fit fine ;D kinda sad i'm the size of a medium little
boy?

rock lee is the shit. I'm using felt for eyebrows....and buying a snazzy
wig

Konoha Anbu
03-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Yeah just buy some vintage legwarmers from the 80's... thats pretty much exactly what hes wearing lol...