PDA

View Full Version : Any CLAMP cosplayers attending?

Sala
02-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Is anyone else cosplaying characters from any of CLAMPs works?

I know I'll probably be there as the Red Chess Queen from Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, as well as Shirahime and Suzuka from Angelic Layer. Anyone else (from any CLAMP series) interested in getting together and taking photos?

Yuna-X2
02-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Well, I'll bet you'll find a bazillion and one Chiis. Just cause Chii is so damn cute.

Sarcasm-hime
02-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Well some of us will have a RG Veda group in the halls at some point...^_^

Artzydivahuf
02-06-2004, 09:01 PM
I might be one of those bazillion Chiis, if I make it :-p

Ryukka
02-06-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm doing Hikaru from Angelic Layer =3

Sala
02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Ryukka: *hooray for Angelic Layer!* <- points to Misaki costume in her photo gallery.

Sarcasm-Hime: I can hardly wait to see your group! Do you have an entire cast of characters?

...And various forms of Chii are always entertaining!

Chosuke
02-06-2004, 10:38 PM
I'll be doing RG Veda too, with Sarcasm-Hime.
Might have another CLAMP costume too since Fashion requires me to make something in it. May as well make a costume xD

Yuna-X2
02-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Sounds like me! I just started fashion, and the first thing I said to the teacher was "I do costumes for plays and other various events. So can I just make costumes that are fun and crazy?"

Teacher: "As long as you can handle the sewing."

Yahoo! It's either a Yuna (one of the shooter classes) or Chii (I vote Yuna)

Sarcasm-hime
02-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Yarg, I wish we'd had a 'fashion' class when I was in highschool. All I ever got was a really crappy home-ec class in junior high in which we learned nothing (other than how to cook things badly in a microwave).

Oselle
02-07-2004, 07:49 AM
I'll likely be re-wearing my Karen Kasumi (X) ensemble at some point, if I manage to redo the wig in time.

lainey
02-07-2004, 11:14 AM
for me...it will be for CNA...not for AN sorry ^_^

Sala
02-07-2004, 04:49 PM
...I've been so tempted to take the costuming course here at college, but unfortunately the instructor gives specific costumes to be created, so no cosplay possible :( Or else I would totally take that class -- even if only to have access to all the sewing machines and the costume shop (with dress forms and all that good stuff!)

mikcy
02-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Hopefully I can make a CLAMP costume for AN, but I doubt it :(

chocola_charat
02-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm going as Chii! Pink and black Chii ^^; Maybe we could get some pictures taken? But I've never been to a con x.x

Kisa
02-08-2004, 12:46 PM
All I can say is that X will be making an appearance...at some point... because it's tradition that Kamui show up and HATE everyone.
And well, The RGVeda group. ^_^
Man, Old-school, non-sellout clamp gets no love...

(I didn't have a fashion class either. And our Home-Ec teacher woudln't let us use the sewing machines, because she hated our class and thought we were too evil to sew... we isntead learnt about vitamins... while the REST of the school made pencilcases and cookies in the kitchen... >.<)

Sala
02-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Aww...I love all of CLAMPs works - especially the older ones! So if (when?) I see you, I'll be sure to give you some love, ok? ;)

Kisa
02-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Yeah, well... I'm MAD at CLAMP atm, for abandoning their Good series to Limbo for their money-making series that aren't half as good.
They're just lucky I decided to cosplay them this year. >.<
Not that they really have anything to worry about. They own my soul and they know they and can do whatever they want and KNOW I'll cosplay for them... but I can still be annoyed at them.

Damn you Clamp. Damn you and your ways. >.<

Sala
02-09-2004, 08:21 PM
*lol* They know I'm a CLAMP whore and will buy whatever they come out with! Although I'm actually not that fond of their new series, Tsubasa. I think they're strange for essentially making a doujinshi of their own stuff! *shakes head* Not to mention that the first three volumes cost me an arm and a leg and confuse the hell out of me...*I'm all down for A/Us, but they switch back and forth so much...*

Anyways, that was way off topic, but I DO look forward to seeing your costume(s) at Anime North!

Kisa
02-09-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm holding out for the truth that CLAMP has been kidnapped and four monkeys are currently writing/drawing their work.. ever since Chobits came out the artstyle got crappy and flat and yet strangely round and shoneny...
but yeah. ANyway.
Glad we'll get some love and people wont give blank looks when they find out we're from CLAMP. -_-'

Chosuke
02-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Kisa: It is the truth! The monkeys are pumping out a Chobits movie or something like that, right at this moment! No monkeys no! Stop, Stop for the love of god!

Sala
02-11-2004, 05:03 PM
*lmao* Yeah, their style has definitly turned kinda shonen...and the fact that there will be a Chobits movie is frightening. CLAMP needs to take a break (they have money - go take an extended vacation!) and spend some time thinking about their next series...
It's funny that I slightly resent their newer series, yet still cosplay their works...:)

Kisa
02-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Or you know... FINISH THE ONES THEY'VE NEGLECTED FOR OVER A YEAR! >.<

...I'm not bitter or anything. Really.
Course it's the reason I cosplay their OLD stuff, and boycott the new. Maybe if someone does, the monkeys will lose power and CLAMP can defeat them (with the power of ANGST) and come back to produce quality manga with the the Pretty Art that got them Known.
Heck, I'd give up the art if they'd just finish my series! Then... no complaints when they do shonen.

Everytime Chobits is cosplayed, god kills a kitten. I wonder if that would work as a tool of propoganda...

Chosuke
02-11-2004, 08:33 PM
*lmao* Yeah, their style has definitly turned kinda shonen...and the fact that there will be a Chobits movie is frightening. CLAMP needs to take a break (they have money - go take an extended vacation!) and spend some time thinking about their next series...
It's funny that I slightly resent their newer series, yet still cosplay their works...:)

Lmao.
I was joking about the chobits movie, they haven't sunk that low...
And lets hope they never do.

Minakolabelle
02-11-2004, 09:32 PM
weeee I killed 2 kittens >D

Sala
02-12-2004, 12:38 AM
I don't think that all of their art style has fallen off (I totally dig some of Chii's costumes* - and I have cosplayed many Angelic Layer characters), but I gotta say that I'm really weirded out by Tsubasa. Maybe it's just me. I wish they would pull something as amazing as X out again...then I could die happy.

*Chii and Freya's dresses are amazing. I wish I was talented enough to make one. And have it look good on me.

Chosuke
02-12-2004, 07:17 AM
I don't mind SOME of the Chii and Freya dresses, there actually is ONE I want to do.
But I can't stand the character, and hate the show.
So I might just take the dress design, and overall idea.. and transfer it over to an original character or something.

I wasn't really a big fan of the Angelic Layer designs, they were cute, but not up my alley.I'm a far bigger fan of the outfits in X,Rg Veda and the old school stuff.
Clamp Campus Tackiness forever!

Sarcasm-hime
02-12-2004, 02:36 PM
It's all about the angst.

Sala
02-18-2004, 10:32 PM
*hooray for angst!*

Chosuke
02-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Quazzah!!!!!

xiola
02-25-2004, 06:36 PM
*now has secret possible retro-clamp cosplay plans again for a character i like... *happy!* ^_^
(though not near-future or anything... no time X_X)

but as for angst, a certain clamp character i love alot made me very upset yesterday with his lack of me-cosplay-able outfits. T_T!! i love him so much and he is so squishy and cute, why must he not wear anything that i could possibly look good in or bother making?? T_T *cries tears of angst*

Sarcasm-hime
02-27-2004, 03:37 AM
I feel your pain. I am severely tempted to cosplay Dio from Last Exile but there's no way I could pull it off. It figures that the first crossplay I've ever been tempted to do involves a skin-tight bodysuit that would make it impossible to hide my hips. *sigh*

Sala
02-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Sarcasm: from what I've seen you have no need to worry about your hips! Just go ahead and make the costume if it's what you want to do!!

Ryukka
02-28-2004, 05:13 PM
...poor kitties ;_;

Sarcasm-hime
02-29-2004, 01:57 PM
LOL I actually have fairly wide hips compared my torso. I'm a size 4 on top and a size 8 on the bottom. -.-;;; And since guys are supposed to be the complete opposite as far as the hip-to-shoulder ratio goes....*sigh* Eh, it's not like I need more costume ideas anyways *lol*

Chosuke
03-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Maral: I think if you're going to do another CLAMP cosplay, you should do Kanoe from X so i can whore Kamui properly xD

Sarcasm-hime
03-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Hmmmmmm...I'd be up for it but I'd probably want to get a good image of the Tarot version of Kanoe, since the regular one has been done a bunch of times. ^_^ The only Tarot images I've been able to find are tiny....bleh.

Mage
03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
http://www.animeonline.de/series/x/tarot/tarot3.jpg

Don't know how much help that'll be, since it's not a very good scan, but I don't have my manga, tarot set or artbook with me in residence, so I can't do any better (even then, I don't have a scanner...lol)

Sarcasm-hime
03-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Whoa. Hmmm...after getting a better look at that I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to wear that. *lol* She isn't wearing much, is she? That's a bit skanky even for me *lol* Maybe I should stick with the classic Kanoe dress.

Sala
03-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Sarcasm: movie or tv dress (ie- with or without the red shirt under it)?

Sarcasm-hime
03-15-2004, 03:07 AM
I actually haven't seen the TV series and only saw the movie once....so I'm not really familiar with the details on the costume. The one I've seen done a couple times is the black dress with the slit down the front and up the leg. *shrug*

Sala
03-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Wow. You must see the tv series --- it's absolutely amazing! The first time I saw it I told myself I simply had to go out and buy the series (8 discs). I was kinda depressed, though, because the tv series is CG, which means that there are no pretty cels for people like me to collect.

The movie version of Kanoe is much skankier, but very pretty. The tv version is good, but having a collared dress shirt on under a low-cut dress is a little weird, and might not look right on a real human...

I attached some images of Kanoe for you -- sorry they're not the best shots. If you want, I can make you some screen-caps later...

x0xkasumix0x
03-21-2004, 10:48 AM
im going as princess sakura from tsubasa resevoir chronicle ^__^ *yay the manga is finnaly coming out in english april 27*!

Sala
03-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Wow - that quickly in English? Makes me wish I hadn't spent LOTS of money buying it on Yahoo Japan when it first got published...*sigh*

x0xkasumix0x
03-23-2004, 11:45 AM
yea theres like 50 some days till AN .. and i didint even start on my costume X_X not to mention how i was originaly planning on going as songstress yuna with my friend who was going to go as lenne.. but then .. well every one is going as yuna ^_^ so i want to be a chari not to many people are going as ^_^-