PDA

View Full Version : Anime Conji 2013 - AKA Where the hell is our forum?

RichAndCreamy
07-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Come on! SPJA owns us! lol

Anyways, since I always post exclusive info on this forum, I'm going to tell you that we have even more function space this year! :mfg:

atlantisan
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Is there usually a cosplay contest, or would I just enter the masquerade?

RichAndCreamy
12-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Masquerade definitely... I'm sure there will be contests done by vendors, media, and other organizations to be announced leading up to Conji!

atlantisan
12-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Masquerade definitely... I'm sure there will be contests done by vendors, media, and other organizations to be announced leading up to Conji!

Thanks~

Also, I was wondering, for the $30.00 rate for college students, is that only valid up to a certain date?

RichAndCreamy
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I haven't heard of any set plans for rate changes so I would suggest purchasing ASAP.

Poody
12-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I don't understand why cons like Anime Conji and WonderCon don't have their own forum section........ get with it cosplay.com! XD hahaha

hippiewriter
01-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Yeah, it'd be great to have a forum to arrange cosplay meet-ups.

atlantisan
03-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Is there any information about entering the masquerade? I already checked the website and fb/twitter...

W7Nights
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Is there any new info besides the two GoH? I'm a little frustrated by the lack of anything going on. Hopefully more stuff shows up in the coming weeks.

Hcoregamer00
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I will be going on Saturday, and I will pretty much be there from Saturday morning to midnight.

Look for me!! :)

W7Nights
03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I will be going on Saturday, and I will pretty much be there from Saturday morning to midnight.

Look for me!! :)

Hey man, course I'll look for you. Got a new cosplay I'd like some pics of.

And on other news there's a new GoH just announced just after I complained about it. Guess they are listening. Don't know much on her, but its something.

http://www.animeconji.org/welcoming-cosplay-artist-model-vampy-as-guest-of-honor/

atlantisan
03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey man, course I'll look for you. Got a new cosplay I'd like some pics of.

And on other news there's a new GoH just announced just after I complained about it. Guess they are listening. Don't know much on her, but its something.

http://www.animeconji.org/welcoming-cosplay-artist-model-vampy-as-guest-of-honor/

Vampy is my favorite. There's also a Japanese GoH I think? The editor of CosMode. Pretty cool, seems like they're gearing towards a more cosplay-centered con.

SuperDubu
03-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Herro! My friends and I will be coming down for this con and seeing as it's our first time going, I just wanted to know how things are food and parking wise if we're staying in the resort. Thanks in advance! c:

Evil Bishounen
03-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Is there any information about entering the masquerade?

The masquerade rules are now live on the website, and contestant pre-registration is open.

My friends and I will be coming down for this con and seeing as it's our first time going, I just wanted to know how things are food and parking wise if we're staying in the resort.

There's lots of parking throughout the resort. I don't recall hearing any complaints about parking being full last year, and it never looked totally full.

There are several restaurants and cafes on the resort grounds, so food options are available if you want to stay on-site. Also, the Fashion Valley Mall is right across the street behind the resort, and there are a ton of food options at different price points in and around the mall.

Hcoregamer00
03-18-2013, 07:23 PM
There's lots of parking throughout the resort. I don't recall hearing any complaints about parking being full last year, and it never looked totally full.

There are several restaurants and cafes on the resort grounds, so food options are available if you want to stay on-site. Also, the Fashion Valley Mall is right across the street behind the resort, and there are a ton of food options at different price points in and around the mall.

Parking was really horrible on Saturday, it took me around 1 hour to get a parking spot. They had a "parking lot closed" sign by the time I arrived at 11am.

To be fair, it was because they had two other events/conventions the same time as Anime Conji last year. Hopefully the SPJA has the Town and Country Hotel locked down, because if they do parking should be plenty.

SuperDubu
03-19-2013, 02:17 AM

Thanks for responding! (: I didn't know Fashion Valley was next to it, I've been there once or twice so it makes me feel a bit more comfortable knowing I'm not going to be completely clueless, haha.

Parking was really horrible on Saturday, it took me around 1 hour to get a parking spot. They had a "parking lot closed" sign by the time I arrived at 11am.

To be fair, it was because they had two other events/conventions the same time as Anime Conji last year. Hopefully the SPJA has the Town and Country Hotel locked down, because if they do parking should be plenty.

Ohh okay, thanks for the heads up. Do you happen to know if there is a separate parking area for hotel guests? Or is it all generally in the same place?

Hcoregamer00
03-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Ohh okay, thanks for the heads up. Do you happen to know if there is a separate parking area for hotel guests? Or is it all generally in the same place?

It is a hotel and convention center, so all the parking is integrated into one. The issue last year was that Conji has 2 other concurrent events/conventions happening the same time that severely limited parking. If the current organization running it did an exclusivity contract, locking out all other conventions, parking should be plentiful within the Town and Country Hotel.

RichAndCreamy
03-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Yup, we don't have an entire convention competing for parking this year and we are taking over almost half of the hotel now so I think we're good on parking.

Hcoregamer00
03-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Yup, we don't have an entire convention competing for parking this year and we are taking over almost half of the hotel now so I think we're good on parking.

Wonderful, so parking won't be an issue this year. Now it is the matter of arriving earlier so I can get closer parking for Conji :bigtu:

RichAndCreamy
03-21-2013, 01:13 PM
It depends on if you want to park next to the west or east sides now. We're all spread out! haha

SuperDubu
03-23-2013, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the info! c:

Tsurugi_Odoriko
03-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Are we only able to purchase a 3-day badge? I just want a 1-day badge. ):

sicdedman
03-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Are we only able to purchase a 3-day badge? I just want a 1-day badge. ):

that is the question i have been asking for the last 2 months. but no one knows if Anime Conji will have 1 Day Badges this year...

some staffers said just wait for the announcement and others have said we are not doing them this year..

well the announcement should have been made a long time ago for 1 day badges... it is only 2 half weeks away.
so i am guessing they are not having them. which is a shame because i won't be going unless they do-I only want to attend Saturday.

RichAndCreamy
03-27-2013, 12:09 AM
1 day passes are $25 but won't be for sale until day 0.

Hcoregamer00
03-27-2013, 12:51 AM

Thanks buddy!!

sicdedman
03-27-2013, 08:44 PM

why does Anime Conji wait until (Con) to sell 1 Day Badges???
why not sell them along with 3 day badges or at least put them on the site couple weeks before Con time?? why only buy them onsite?

because i knew of quite few people that were going to go to Anime Conji but because no 1 day badges were on the website they could not make plans to go for just 1 day and did not want to fork out the money for 3 day Badge.

for me I am grateful for your info on the 1 day Badge - I have a Very flexible Schedule so i can go.

Oh yea I almost forgot... Thank you Anime Conji for (GOH) Carrie Savage!!

RichAndCreamy
03-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Sales tactic... but we should at least say that 1 day badges will be on sale but that's above my title :drink:

Tsurugi_Odoriko
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Thank you! :3

animenerd93
04-02-2013, 02:14 PM
cant wait. ive always wanted to go to conji considering its like 20 minutes max from my college campus, but until spja took over its always been during our finals. any tips? Ive been to ax and ala b4.

RichAndCreamy
04-03-2013, 12:38 AM
One thing we got right is not being during finals!

Nothing to big of a difference between other cons that would be a shocking change of pace. Have any specific concerns?

El_Duque
04-03-2013, 10:44 AM
I can only go on Sunday, this year I'm going to take the Trolley into Mission Valley.

Shugo the Fox
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I really wish I could go! Even for a single day, that'd be nice.

Trelyon
04-04-2013, 12:26 AM
https://www.facebook.com/AnimeConji2013CosplayGatherings?ref=stream

>> Cosplay Gatherings <<

[FRIDAY] Naruto Gathering April 12 at 11:00am
[FRIDAY] Axis Powers Hetalia April 12 at 12:00pm
[FRIDAY] Pokemon Gathering April 12 at 4:00pm
[FRIDAY] Final Fantasy Gathering April 12 at 5:00pm

[SATURDAY] Bleach Gathering April 13 at 9:00am
[SATURDAY] Magi: Labyrinth of Magic April 13 at 12:00pm
[SATURDAY] Axis Powers Hetalia Gathering April 13 at 1:00pm
[SATURDAY] Code Geass Gathering April 13 at 2:00pm
[SATURDAY] Dangan Ronpa/Super Dangan Ronpa 2 April 13 at 3:00pm
[SATURDAY] Homestuck Gathering April 13 at 4:00pm
[SATURDAY] Bleach Gathering II April 13 at 5:00pm

[SUNDAY] Vocaloid Gathering April 14 at 10:00am
[SUNDAY] Naruto Gathering April 14 at 12:00pm
[SUNDAY] Pokemon Gathering April 14 at 3:00pm
[SUNDAY] My Little Pony Gathering April 14 ???

animenerd93
04-04-2013, 12:27 AM
One thing we got right is not being during finals!

Nothing to big of a difference between other cons that would be a shocking change of pace. Have any specific concerns?

not really, just want to know the "cool things" haha
im taking the UCSD anime club there to show them a con (many have never been so with it not near finals its the perfect time!) and we want to make sure that they have fun!

RichAndCreamy
04-04-2013, 06:51 AM
not really, just want to know the "cool things" haha
im taking the UCSD anime club there to show them a con (many have never been so with it not near finals its the perfect time!) and we want to make sure that they have fun!

DUDE YES! I've wanted UCSD to come out for a long time! Day 0 is a free dance and all of my friends are in the line up.

Come find me, let's do shots during con :D

animenerd93
04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
lol its on bro~ we are excited to come too. we tried to come last year (i was actually supposed to staff) but for sure are happy to be there next weekend!
lol day0 dance hasnt be guaranteed cause some of us do have friday classes, but we will be there on day1 dance and day2

DUDE YES! I've wanted UCSD to come out for a long time! Day 0 is a free dance and all of my friends are in the line up.

Come find me, let's do shots during con :D

noctiluca
04-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I missed it last year, but I'm coming this year! :D

Will be wearing Catherine on Saturday, haven't decided what to do Fri and Sun. Will ~probably~ be the same as my Fanime lineup. I won't be able to show up until late Friday afternoon anyway...

dbchan
04-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I hope it doesn't rain this year! I was so sad when Final Fantasy gathering got rained all over last year.

I'll be there all three days! I'll probably be wearing Professor McGonagall and fem!Rancis aka peanut butter cup head.

Any other sugar rush racers gonna be around?

Evil Bishounen
04-08-2013, 10:47 PM
It shouldn't rain this year. The weekend forecast says it'll be sunny this weekend, in the high 60s and low 70s. I think this'll be the first year Conji hasn't been rained on in some way, though last year was especially bad.

animenerd93
04-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Doesn't look like rain but it will b a little cold :( ah sd weather

Missyeru
04-10-2013, 04:25 AM
Ummmm am i blinde? I can't find any information about entering the Masquerade or costume contest on the website.

animenerd93
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Ummmm am i blinde? I can't find any information about entering the Masquerade or costume contest on the website.

http://www.animeconji.org/schedule/masquerade/
this is where to register and all the info u need to know

Rerouch
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I know this is very last minute, but I hadn't thought about using this site.
So I REALLY want to go to Conji, and I have a place to stay, but I don't have a way getting there and back. Is anyone going through the Inland Empire (Ontario) and wouldn't mind picking me up? I don't exactly have cash, but I might have a couple dollars. I can repay in other ways? I Can do free photo shoots, or offer something I own, I just really want to go and see a friend I never see anymore.

Poody
04-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Can't wait to see everyone!
Here be my cosplay plans:

Fri: Rancis Fluggerbutter (Wreck-It-Ralph)
Sat: Lady Oscar (Rose of Versailles)
Sun: Link (Zelda) - but I probably won't arrive til 3pm :/

El_Duque
04-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm liking the new layout this year. Good job in getting the Dealer's Hall at the front of the Convention Center in those spacious ballrooms.

animenerd93
04-11-2013, 11:29 PM
cant wait until tomorrow!
also is there an area for peace bonding? is so where? also last minute question... but how much is parking? thanks guys! cant wait to see you all there tomorrow

El_Duque
04-11-2013, 11:42 PM
cant wait until tomorrow!
also is there an area for peace bonding? is so where? also last minute question... but how much is parking? thanks guys! cant wait to see you all there tomorrow

I remember it was around $7-$10 with in and out privileges. If you want to save on parking, this year I'm planning to park at the Linda Vista/Morena Blvd. Trolley station. It's the stop prior to the Fashion Valley/Town & Country Hotel on the Green Line. If you have props and in costume, than I guess the better option would to park in the hotel.

OniCourseMusha
04-12-2013, 12:53 AM
YAY! It'll be my first Anime Conji and hopefully I'll make it to my workshop! I'm doing a workshop on Ballroom Dancing! You're all welcome to help each other and we all learn together! I'll be there as Master Hand/Crazy Hand and probably be wearing my Ouran Host Club jacket.

El_Duque
04-13-2013, 08:21 PM
I tried registering for Sunday online earlier because it was the only day I can make it to Conji this year. Last I checked it was $25 on DAY 0 and DAY 1 online, but the registration option was not available. Now I just got on right now and it's available but the price went up to $30 plus whatever processing fee there is. What gives? $30 is pretty steep for a final day of an anime convention and why would a single day price just jump overnight?

Conji, I'm disappoint.

animenerd93
04-14-2013, 11:18 AM
So when i decided to go to conji this year, I didnt expect it to be as great as ax, but since ax acquired it, I expected it to be pretty good. However, upon arriving, I was disappointed. On Friday, not only were there not programs, we didnt have maps and there were no staff to show us where certain things were. Then on Saturday, we finally got the programs, only to realize that the person who had done the gatherings had forgot to enter down a line so it said like 1pm:ROse Garden 2Pm: Hetalia 3pm:Charlies Trolley. It also didnt help that one sign could say a gathering was happening at one place and then a different sign said it was somewhere completely else... :( Also i wish artist alley/exhibit hall was either bigger, or next time in a smaller area. it just felt small........

El_Duque
04-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Just got back from Conji and I can also say that I was disappointed with the Dealer's Hall. It was spacious but at the same time it felt like a ghost town. Empty booth space left and right and some Dealers didn't open on time either.

I don't understand why there needs to be two gaming rooms (One in the Dealer's Hall and the other at the other side of the hotel). I heard that the game room was broken into and had some stuff stolen.

I also realized people were parking on the dirt lot between the hotel and Fashion Valley mall. I thought that dirt lot was part of the mall and you run the risk of receiving a ticket or have your car towed.

EDIT:

Facebook gallery for Day 3 only which was the only day I could attend.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4824760942485.1073741827.1400361314&type=3
Youtube video - Day 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wrKPbuW30)

LeanaMee101
04-14-2013, 09:59 PM
I was in the artist alley and was kinda disappointed myself with the hall. It was so spacious..which is nice but it felt WAY to empty. I know my fellow artist friend, who was to be sitting next to me, fell sick so her table was empty but there were a lot of empty tables. I don't think the move to the bigger room was truly needed.

But hey, I made sales and a lot of the people who stopped by where really nice.

Pictures I was able to get from the whole weekend. Not a lot but meh. Should be able to tag if needed:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4633525885241.1073741832.1505738493&type=1&l=af47f2dce7

comeongibbons
04-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Here's something positive to brighten the mood for those who attended Anime Conji.

Anime Conji Cosplay Video.

http://youtu.be/PM8fuXYeTFU

kthardin
04-15-2013, 12:13 AM
http://www.tenchifanart.com/tfa_cosplay/archives/243

Here's the TFA Cosplay gallery for Anime Conji 2013. If you're one of the cosplayers and want a larger and/or raw version of the pic, let me know, and I'll make them available.

DTJAAAAM
04-15-2013, 02:48 AM
I only went on Saturday. Not the best con in the world, as attendance was small and they could have done a better job of filling convention space, but it scratched my itch to take cosplay pics. Here's everything I took, which was a tad over 160 shots:

Anime Conji 2013 - Saturday (http://www.dtjaaaam.com/Anime-Conji-2013/Anime-Conji-2013-Saturday/)

seijai
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Hello friends. Here are my photos from day 2 and day 3. Enjoy!
:bigtu:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seijai/collections/72157633251700732/

Kimihiro-kun
04-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Here are my photos from this year's Anime Conji. Hope you guys enjoy! ^^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimihirokun/sets/72157633241379875/

Access
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Has anyone posted (or know where to find video) of the Masquerade and the Fashion Show?

OniCourseMusha
04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
I had fun at Anime Conji! But my biggest gripe was how unorganized it was. My Ballroom dance panel was scheduled at an awful time and place. I rescheduled the panel from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm and I was scheduled to be using the Main Events room. But when I arrived, I noticed there was no sign indicating what events will be in that room and what time they will be start. Just a sign says only "Main Events". The room I got was waaaaay too big that I should of gotten a smaller room and people who got in thought nothing was going on. When my panel started at 1:30 pm, I bailed out since it was pointless for me to stick around and I wish I can make announcement around the area. I heard that the program guide didn't show up until day 2 afternoon. If it showed up sooner or had indication of what events goes on in the Main Event rooms, I could of had couple of more people stopping by showing some interest. I've done 5 ballroom dance panels in the past, this was the first time I ever canceled my own panel if it weren't for poor timing and execution.

El_Duque
04-15-2013, 11:32 AM

Please explain why the prices jumped during con? 1 day passes became $30 once con started. I'm very upset by this.

Access
04-15-2013, 03:20 PM
I heard that the program guide didn't show up until day 2 afternoon. If it showed up sooner or had indication of what events goes on in the Main Event rooms, I could of had couple of more people stopping by showing some interest.
I believe it showed up before lunch on day 2. But it was really quite useless... the information was largely incomplete or incorrect, and it was not presented in a way that people could make much actual use of it.

Deuce'N'Domino
04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
I only went Saturday, but here's my pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.487846964603770.1073741828.100001354114604&type=1

Hcoregamer00
04-15-2013, 07:44 PM
I believe it showed up before lunch on day 2. But it was really quite useless... the information was largely incomplete or incorrect, and it was not presented in a way that people could make much actual use of it.

Speaking purely from my personal observations, there are three things that need to be fixed for next year's program guide.

Map: The map in the program guide was way too generalized and it made finding certain rooms difficult. I know the town and country is a large venue. This issue could be fixed had they split the map in half and did closer approximations to the room locations. One page could be an "east wing" portion and another can be a "west wing" portion.

Grid Schedule: A simple grid schedule that has the panels time and locations would have helped. If it was too late to go to the printers with the program guide, having grid schedules would have been handy on plain laser paper. Just have a stack out and point people to it during registration and have another stack at the information desks. It is a strange omission since I don't remember Anime Expo having this issue.

Programming classifications: The classifications where a nice touch for us longtime fans, but for someone who may not be into the hobby as much may find themselves a little confused on why they can't find their favorite panel. Having an explanation on how you classify each section on the program guide would be a nice touch to give attendees an idea of where to find what they want to go to.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the program guide. It had lots of neat touches like cosplay gathering times.

OniCourseMusha
04-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Alright! Finished uploading picture! Enjoy!
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237295/

noctiluca
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I probably could have skipped Friday (though I arrived really late) but Saturday wasn't too bad. It would have been more fun if I had more friends there (translation: aside from sis tagging along, there were none orz), or got to meet new people but I'm awkward and shy :p it would've been nice if there was a designated hangout area where attendees could chill out and chat. I know I ended up doing that last time I went (2 years ago) with other sellers at the swap meet...

The costumes I brought were the same as my Fanime lineup. I was the Persona 3 FeMC on Friday, Catherine on Saturday morning and chick version of the P4 MC on Saturday night...

Hcoregamer00
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I probably could have skipped Friday (though I arrived really late) but Saturday wasn't too bad. It would have been more fun if I had more friends there (translation: aside from sis tagging along, there were none orz), or got to meet new people but I'm awkward and shy :p it would've been nice if there was a designated hangout area where attendees could chill out and chat. I know I ended up doing that last time I went (2 years ago) with other sellers at the swap meet...

The costumes I brought were the same as my Fanime lineup. I was the Persona 3 FeMC on Friday, Catherine on Saturday morning and chick version of the P4 MC on Saturday night...

Aww dang, it would be nice if you made more friends.

I have hundreds of Cosplayer friends and no one still tagged my Cosplay photo of you on Facebook.

Is this you? link (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443320435755039&set=a.443320375755045.1073741837.404097179677365&type=1&theater)

noctiluca
04-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Yes, that's me!

Making friends is always a bit hard, even though I like to mingle. There weren't really any panels/meetups I was that interested in (or even familiar with) this year, and I don't really like dances, so... I was outta luck there. :p Maybe next year!

Access
04-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Photos:
Day 1:
(here) http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237273/
(facebook) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.321768197949083.1073741828.100003477166603&type=3
Day 2:
(here) http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237296/
(facebook) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322758687850034.1073741829.100003477166603&type=3
Day 3:
(here) http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237339/
(facebook) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322964827829420.1073741830.100003477166603&type=3

Magi Gathering video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLb8zfh3uwc

animenerd93
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
i think the worst thing about the booklets were that most of the times were messed up. esp for the gatherings. in the book they had spaced down so that the times were wrong and if you looked at the "signs" (aka pieces of paper!) that were around it only had the right time but the locations were different from in the guides...........

RichAndCreamy
08-31-2013, 01:15 PM
2014 thread is alive! http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=330569