PDA

View Full Version : Is A FLCL Skit Too Obscure?

sailorpsychosis
02-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I've had an idea in my head for a while about doing a FLCL skit at one of the Southern California conventions... Is this too obscure of a series to get a popular reception? Not only that, but I'm not so sure I could even find people to do the skit in the first place (anybody interested?)...

I was thinking of doing a skit based on one of the FLCL drama tracks (probably "Mamiko" or "Harumi").

So... is this a bad idea? :confused:

Zephyrs
02-06-2004, 08:02 PM
FLCL was on Cartoon Network for a while... and that alone boosts recognition ALOT. I wouldn't worry about that at all. Even if not everyone has seen it, a really good skit is designed in such a way that people who don't know the series still get what's going on and who everyone is in relation to each other (either with an introduction, or clever scriptwriting)

YuffieK
02-09-2004, 06:43 PM
what con? I'll be in it.....^_^

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
02-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Sure. I have a naota costume in the works. It will do well if it is well written, comedic, and clever. Those seem to strike a chord.

sailorpsychosis
02-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Hmmm, you do have a good point silentduelist. I suppose a lot more people know about the series now, and it isn't as obscure as when I first got into it... The problem is (especially from what people have been saying in the "Things You Hate About Skits" thread), is that I'd be afraid that the skit would require too much explanation and/or only be funny to those familiar with the show, since both skits I had in mind (just like the dramas they would be based on) probably aren't funny if you aren't familiar with the show; they'd leave you going "What the heck?" But then again, so does the entire series...

Really, YuffieK and dementedChicken??? *_*
Hmmmm, are you familiar with the dramas of which I speak?

Oh, and Yuffie, it would be at one of the following three: Pacific Media Expo, Anime Expo, or possibly AniMagic...