PDA

View Full Version : Taking commissions!!! Disney, CLAMP, and LOTS more!!!

Lake_fairy
07-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Tsubasa, Chobits, Disney, Comic Costumes and More!

I am taking Princess Merida and Queen Elinor commissions!!!

Please go to my facebook page for examples of my work and to view my Commissions Policy in the Notes section. I also have TONS of progress pictures from other commissions up so you can see some of my works in progress.

Facebook: Lake Fairy Creations

I started cosplaying as a hobby when I was 15, and haven't been able to tear myself away from the sewing machine since!

I love making elaborate CLAMP costumes, specifically Tsubasa and Chobits costumes. Because all of their costumes are more elaborate ball gowns and the like, I have a lot of experience with boned and lined bodices, and well as petticoats, ruffles, and any number of other frilly adornments!

I also have quite a bit of experience working with spandex and Comic Book costumes. I've made several bodysuits, both for me and for other people, and have experience with a number of superhero costumes, including Supergirl, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Ame Comi Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Alan Scott, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Poison Ivy. NOTE: I do not work with PVC, sorry.

Steampunk and original design costumes are also incredibly exciting for me to work on, on my facebook page you can see pictures of a Victorian style Sailor Jupiter that was a part of a whole group of sailor scouts. These costumes were a collaboration with a group called the Cosplay Pirates. I did most of the fabric construction, including the skirts, bows, and collars, and other members of the Pirates made the Headpieces, Belts, and altered the shirts. Since then I've worked on several original design costumes, all of the pictures of these are also up on my facebook page, including a Victorian inspired Princess Midna, and a Victorian style Chibi Moon. (which was my own design and interpretation) So if you have a sketch or an original design that you would like to see come to life, I would love to make it happen for you!

If you are interested in seeing some more of my work, my Costuming DA is...

http://lake-fairy.deviantart.com/

I update there, and on my facebook page more often than I update my account here!

I generally prefer to use higher quality materials, so that the larger, more elaborate costumes look nicer and lay correctly. I tend to gravitate towards Matte Satin and cotton blends, although if I can ever find anything of good quality with a bit of stretch to it, I'm in love. I love comfortable costumes...

My formula for Commissions is:

Cost of materials + Cost of Labor + Shipping = Total Cost

No hidden costs, no fees tacked on at the last minute!

Please go to my facebook page and read my commissions policy before requesting a quote. Also, please email me at LakeFairyCreations@gmail.com for quotes. DO NOT message me on my cosplay.com account, I don't check it often enough to get you a timely response. :)

I look forward to working on some fabulous costumes this year! Please E-mail me at LakeFairyCreations@gmail.com for more information about my costuming experience or to request a quote! Keeping everything in the email account makes it much easier to keep up with reference pictures, measurements, due dates and the like!

Best Wishes!
Sarah Kate