PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Pre-con Photoshoots 4/22/04

Eurobeat King
02-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone,

It looks like I'll be arriving to Sakuracon a day early, so I'll be there on Thursday, April 22nd, although I'm not sure what time I'll be arriving at. I got a room for that night, at the Seatac Inn a couple of blocks away, but I'll be spending most of the day/evening at the Hilton to see who's there as well as pre-reg. :)

Will anyone be there on Thursday and be cosplaying on that day? If so, I'd like to do individual photoshoots of anyone cosplaying, like take a few pictures either inside the hotel or the convention center. Let's say you plan to bring a costume to wear during the con, but want to get some nice pics before the con begins, (since it might get very hectic come Friday or Saturday) you could wear that for me to photograph. OR if you have an extra costume that you weren't planning to wear during the con, BUT would like to get pics of it, you could wear it just on Thursday. And you could bring Extra costumes to change during the day, too. (Ex: Reiko & Minakochan wore 2-3 costumes on Thursday at Nekocon2003, so I took a lot of pics of them that day. :) )

Keep me posted by replying here, as I hope to get a lot of good pictures on Thursday, since that will count as Day 1 of Sakuracon for me, as there's a possibility that I MIGHT NOT be there for Sakuracon-Sunday. I might be leaving Sunday morning around 6am to fly back to San Francisco for the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade. (See the thread in the "others" section) As much as I would like to take pics of whoever's going to cosplay on Sunday at S-con, I enjoy the CBFParade too, so I'm trying to do both. Perhaps if you plan to cosplay on Sunday, you could wear that costume on Thursday for me to take pics of to make up for my not being there on Sunday. :)

Either way, we'll all still have fun at Sakuracon, so I'll see you all in 2.5 months! ciao~

Hikaru Tsuki
02-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Some of my friends and I will be arriving around 3pm, so we'd be happy to get into costume and take some pictures. Count us in. ^^

Nine
02-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I sure will take part in this. My costumes this year will be easier to wear and get into, so I would love to throw on a costume on Thursday! (more excuse to cosplay =3)

Eurobeat King
02-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Hikaru: What costumes would you and your friends wear?

Nine: I can't wait to see you as Rose.. I've seen only 2 of my friends cosplay as Rose throughout the years, but you'll be the FIRST male-Rose. hehe ;)

Hikaru Tsuki
02-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Hikaru: What costumes would you and your friends wear?

I cannot be sure which costumes they will wear, aside from Nine. XD As for myself, probably either my upgraded Inuyasha or revamped Puchiko costumes. Or if I feel like it, possibly Dilandau.

elfinder
02-09-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll be there thursday too, so I'm up for taking some photos. As for what I could wear...... hmmm *thinks* maybe my Yuki dress because I'd love some good photos of that! I'm wearing Shigure on sunday so I could put that on too lol

princessbunny99
02-11-2004, 03:26 AM
if i didn't maybe have class....*grumbles and shakes fist*

Nine
02-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Eurobeat King - I will wear Rose then! :D

Sailor Naboo
02-16-2004, 10:13 PM
I'll be registering for Spring term next week, but I'm planning on being there Thursday unless I have a test scheduled.

ClaireR
02-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I'll definitely be there Thursday (as a Sakura Con staff member, it's a good idea to be there on Thursday, plus that's when I'm supposed to check in). I wasn't necessarily planning on cosplaying then, but now I'll probably bring some extra costumes if there's gonna be photoshoots :)

Eurobeat King
02-24-2004, 09:47 PM
OK, I got my airline tickets for Sakuracon, and to save $$ I chose to fly EARRRLY Thursday morning, so I'll be in Seattle around 9am. :thumbsup: I'll probably check into my cheap motel first, rest up, and then walk to the Hilton after noonish to check out what's happening there as well as the Hilton. Hopefully there will be people there, and so perhaps in the afternoon/early evening we'll get the photoshoots underway. :)

If Admin & Aeris plan to attend S-con and are arriving Thursday, I'll try to get him to bust-out his camera as well to get pics, so wear a costume (or 2) so that we can get some nice pictures! ;)

NOTE: I'll be leaving Sunday morning earrrrly (6:45am flight) to return home for the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, so I won't be there on Sunday to take pictures (Admin should have it covered in my absence) so I'll do my best to get pictures of everyone's costumes Thursday afternoon/evening through Saturday LATE evening..

See you all in 2 months!!

kiwi
02-24-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm going to come on Thurs. afternoon if I don't have a test (I go to the UW so getting to the con is not a problem... and not like I have much else to do of merit ^^; ) I'd love to get some nice photos taken of one or two of my costumes! Sounds like fun!

See you all in 2 months!!

EGADS! It IS in 2 months, isn't it! o.O; (I'm soooo behind...)

Collie
02-25-2004, 01:21 AM
You know my cute little ass will be there all dressed up! XD Lol

Count me in. >:D
~*~Collie~*~

mikazuki
03-01-2004, 02:46 PM
If I get my Dark Mercury costume (from PGSM, Act 21) ready I'd LOVE to have some pics taken at Sakura Con!

Solitary Senshi
03-08-2004, 04:50 AM
I'd love to come... darn school... maybe afterwards. If I can think of a quick, 'nother costume. Sure I'll come. :dance:

Eurobeat King
03-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Collie: Ahem.. Do I predict Gunner-Rikku will reppaear again at Sakuracon? ;) I want to get more pics of that after the cool photoshoot we did at Katsu.

Mikazuki: What does your Dark Mercury look like? Do you have a pic of it?

SolitaryS: Like I said, the pre-reg. goes until 8pm (I think) but I'll still be walking around the Hilton until maybe 10-11pm, before turning in. I will need a lot of rest for that weekend.. :thumbsup:

Sailor Naboo
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
It looks like I'll be in matching "Race Queen" mode with at least one other girl on Thursday night (we're trying to get at least one more to join us). It should be a lot of fun and make for some great pictures!

mikazuki
03-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Mikazuki: What does your Dark Mercury look like? Do you have a pic of it?

Yup, see two pics attached from April's Shogakukan Youchien.

Eurobeat King
04-21-2004, 04:00 AM
This will be my last post here as I'll be busy packing for Sakuracon tonight (wed. night), finishing up posting the pictures from the cosplay.com picnic last weekend, and moving my RX-7 costume into Lionel's mini-van for the CherryBlossomFestival Parade on Sunday when I return from Sakuracon that morning.

I look forward to meeting everyone, either again or for the first time, so please make my 2nd visit to Sakuracon a pleasant one, and I'll reward you with nice pictures. :) If I have yet to meet you, please don't feel shy in introducing yourself to me, and you can simply ask "Are you Eurobeat King?" and the conversation starts.. Simple, yesh?

The pictures I take of cosplayers on THURSDAY will be the first ones I post when I return on Sunday, since I will go in order that I took the pictures. Expect the first 100+ to go up Sunday evening after I return from the CBFParade, IF fatigue after 3 days at a con AND at a parade don't hit me first.. :thumbsup: And lastly, since I WON'T be there on Sunday and since Admin & Aeris aren't attending, and so I'll be the only mod representin' c.com, please try to find me with your costume(s) between Thursday and Saturday if you'd like me to take pics. I'll have lots of memory cards with me, and I want to hit over 2000 pics from Sakuracon 2004, so help me reach that goal.. ;)

See you all Thursday morning/afternoon/evening!! :D

mikazuki
04-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Have a safe trip to Seattle! See you there on Saturday!

TeamRocketFan
04-22-2004, 05:10 PM
i'll be there as James on Thursday arouond 5 or so, see ya there everyone