PDA

View Full Version : have any plans that seem kinda over board?

rox_my_sox
02-07-2004, 02:45 PM
i was just wondering if anyone had any plans for AN04 that might be a little crazy or obsessive. cuz for some reason when im planning for anime north ive noticed that quite afew of my plans r a little crazy, and it seems like a cant miss a minute of it .
like for one of my plans, now that anime north isnt in the regal constilation anymore i cant just run up to my room to change my costume every few hours anymore, but i still want to have lots of costumes :dance: . So i turned the back of my moms mini van into a temperary dressing room. i took out the last set of back seats (i kept the middle ones because i need room for my friend jessica/ and my sisters baby to sit) and theres tinted windows but im putting up small curtains just in case;). and im setting up a lil make up table/mirror in there too so i have room to change my costume and a place to do my make up. my friends think that im crazy for doing that, they keep telling me that i could just take the bus back to my hotel room and change there:waaaah:but i dont want to miss anything!!!
another plan that i think is kinda odd is that im bringing my sisters kid(dustin/1 year and 7 months by AN) and im makeing him a little hamtaro costume to walk around in with me!(hes so cute :dance: ) but hes only comming for like a day or 2(friday evening and saturday morning
i hope this year ill remember to eat more often, because last year i ate like 2 times the hole weekend cuz there was always something going on that i just had to go to!:burger:and i hope to get enough sleep
does anyone have any odd plans like some of mine that maybe be a little crazy or obbsessive, cuz id love to hear about them

Sarcasm-hime
02-08-2004, 10:53 AM
I think most of us have plans that are too big for us. *lol*

Michi
02-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Yeah. I've got two pretty detailed costumes for AN, and I'm a bit worried they won't get done. ^_^; But I'm optimstic!! ...for now. x_X

JustinCredible
02-08-2004, 12:08 PM
I still haven't bought my scooter... and the San Diego in Shopper's World that were selling them (for $10) closed down...

I must ponder...

Kisa
02-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I have two Masq. costumes for two seperate groups... and I'm outfitting five people in matching Uniforms, as well as my own costumes.

Kaijugal
02-08-2004, 11:24 PM
I've got Big Plans, (or do Big Plans have me?) , and it's making me very poor. *moths fly out of pocket*, and I keep falling in the trap of trying to do everything myself. On the bright side, I'm working on them with a group of awsomely dedicated and talented people, and I know we're going to have a hell of alot of fun with this thing! :bigtu: I'm very excited about it, :jjacks: I hope we make some jaws drop! ;)

Chosuke
02-10-2004, 06:56 AM
You know I do, because its me.
And I'm just one of those random:

"Lets pick something that will truly drive me insane, make me poor and startle the hell out of people!"

Kind of crazy girl.

heki-chan
02-11-2004, 04:11 AM
We've got lotsa big big plans. Small changes, but my sister solved my dilemma for me tonight with her BRAIN POWER!! So yes! EHEHHE AN plans are re-finalized and construction resumes this week ^____^

im really excited to see everyone's crazy big plans come to life *bubbles*

Infini
02-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Car cosplaying! That's overboard, right?

I had a plan (not for AN04, but sometime) to make my car ('87 RX-7) look like the white FC in Initial D. I know someone in the US made their car to be like the AE86, which gave me the idea. The only problem is that it would cost an absolute fortune. :)

All I need is an engine, some paint, and a few stickers...

Added a pic for those who aren't familiar with the car/series.

Kia
02-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Car cosplaying! That's overboard, right?

I had a plan (not for AN04, but sometime) to make my car ('87 RX-7) look like the white FC in Initial D. I know someone in the US made their car to be like the AE86, which gave me the idea. The only problem is that it would cost an absolute fortune. :)

All I need is an engine, some paint, and a few stickers...

Added a pic for those who aren't familiar with the car/series.
O_O Do you mean an *actual* car or one of those one person mini cars like the one I think Eurobeat King has?

xiola
02-11-2004, 04:57 AM
... >_<... i'm TRYING to be reasonable this year. realistic and all that, you know?

but yet i still somehow have 5 cons to go to and one or more new costumes for each of them. and you know how very lazy and mostly-broke i am! that doesnt' work! :P dammit! *cries* :P

Kaijugal
02-11-2004, 10:10 PM
*comforts xiola*
*hands tissue*

Takuma-san
02-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Not doing Matamune anymore (ghost cat), but rather Doraemon (android cat). But that's not the overboard part. I'm going to need to take Yoga for a few months in order to fit into my current costume design. I have to bend my legs back, tie my lower legs to my upper legs, and walk around on my knees. This will reduce my costume by half a meter in height and make it easier to build, which is important considering the time constraints this year (this is like the first time I've check this board since X-mas). I just hope I don't pop a knee cap and cripple myself or something.

Infini
02-12-2004, 02:27 AM
Actual car. :)

I was planning on making a racing car eventually, and I thought that making it an Initial D theme would be interesting at both the track and for driving to conventions. At at Anime Expo in 2002 (I think) there was an AE86 on display identical to the one from initial D.

I already have an RX-7, so when it eventually needs repainted I'll convert everything to look like the FC in the series.

Got a pic of the Trueno from AX. :)

-Infini

Chosuke
02-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Takuma-San: Wow! I LOVE Doraemon, and it will be cool to see one so close to the actual design!
I know what you mean by the knee thing, I can do it. But no longer then a few minutes, it would be a real challenge to walk around like that all day!

Prepare to be glomped.

Kia
02-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Actual car. :)

I was planning on making a racing car eventually, and I thought that making it an Initial D theme would be interesting at both the track and for driving to conventions. At at Anime Expo in 2002 (I think) there was an AE86 on display identical to the one from initial D.

I already have an RX-7, so when it eventually needs repainted I'll convert everything to look like the FC in the series.

Got a pic of the Trueno from AX. :)

-Infini
Wow! I'm impressed! Especially considering that I don't even think I could make a cardboard one by myself. ^_^

Infini
02-12-2004, 04:54 PM
I probably couldn't make a cardboard one by myself either. I'm horrible with crafty stuff. ^^

I've been planning to do this since I first saw the series, but I constantly had car troubles. I ended up with 3 RX-7s that were all supposed to be made into one running car, but after I finished swapping the engine over to the good car and replacing all the broken stuff, I discovered that the engine had died. :(

I'm saving up for a new engine now, but I can't decide which version of the car to make my car look like. The FC in the first series has slightly different stickers (and wheels, I think) from the second series one.

I attached a pic of (top) Ryosuke's FC, and (bottom) my silver FC. I have the right spoiler for the back in my garage, but it needs to be painted. I was going to put it on when I get the car running. I'd like to have it done for Anime North '04, so I'm saving as much money as possible. Finding a hood like that is going to be difficult.

-Infini

Oselle
02-14-2004, 06:25 PM
For once, only moderately insane plans... or at least, differently insane.

I'm attempting to preserve my all-too-fragile sanity, because frankly, completing and successfully defending my masters thesis is more important than costumes at the moment.

Last year it was sheer number of costumes - I think I took on a smidge too much. NOne of them were insane-challenging, there was just a lot of time consuming work to do. That being said...for this years AN I'm doing a very challenging costume (at least, it's challenging for me!) for myself to wear in the masq, and I'm also involved in making costumes for another entry - as many as I can in the time I'll have (who knows!). Additionally, I'm entering at Ad Astra and Toronto Trek, major major work has to be done for my TT costumes. At some point I also have to move, find a job, etc. Whee!

nyamiko_chan
02-19-2004, 10:45 AM
I have big plans for Anime North and possibly CNAnime.
I'm planning a Cat Bus/Neko Basu From "My neighbour Totoro" ^O^

It's my favorite character and I can't wait to be all bus like XD. I'd love to be Totoro as well, but that might have to wait untill CNAnime ^_^;

Kisa
02-19-2004, 10:53 AM
I wish you luck.
The cat-bus is a large, potentially daunting project. I hope you get it made, i'd love to see it ^_^

_Mandy_
03-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Thankfully, I only have one costume to make (and help with others)...but, I have to pay for the hotel and everything on my own. And Toronto hotels are expensive O_O! So, in a month I'll have enough for the hotel...but then there's the costume and spending money. Meep, I don't know how I'm going to deal. I should have started saving in December when I got this job of mine.

Squall1882
03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Hey guys.. correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a hotel right beside the convention center that AN will be held in? Wouldn't it still be easy to just run across the street, change costumes, and run back Lol.. a lot more comfey than changing in the back of your car.. more room too.. heh heh.. Rox, your sword is gonna take up like half the car alone!

Genki de.

heki-chan
03-24-2004, 12:44 AM
I attached a pic of (top) Ryosuke's FC, and (bottom) my silver FC. I have the right spoiler for the back in my garage, but it needs to be painted. I was going to put it on when I get the car running. I'd like to have it done for Anime North '04, so I'm saving as much money as possible. Finding a hood like that is going to be difficult.

This is late...but OMFG. Infini....ur frikkn awesome. *0*

Kia
03-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Hey guys.. correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a hotel right beside the convention center that AN will be held in? Wouldn't it still be easy to just run across the street, change costumes, and run back Lol.. a lot more comfey than changing in the back of your car.. more room too.. heh heh.. Rox, your sword is gonna take up like half the car alone!

Genki de.
Apparently all the hotels right around the convention center (as in arcoss the street or beside) are full. Don't know that for sure, but it's what I've heard.

Infini
03-24-2004, 04:05 AM
This is late...but OMFG. Infini....ur frikkn awesome. *0*

Heh heh! If it works it'll be nice. I probably won't have it done till next year's AN now, since I need a new motor for my other car first. -_-'

Hmr.. how would I show off a car like that as a car cosplay? I'm pretty sure they won't allow it into the convention itself, but it won't be seen much if it's in a parking lot either. I'll post updates if I ever get anywhere with it. :)

-Infini

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 08:46 AM
I had to plan a trip for 8 people . save up 300 $ for the train ticket save up 200 $ for my costume reserve the hotels! and im making a really relaly detaild costume ! soo yea.. and then i had to send in the An ticket money as soon as i could.. sad part X_X my family dun have a car! so like.. going all the way accross town was like.. .. walking 30 minutes or an hour lmao ^__^ but going to anime north is worth it! right? ^^! o and since i dont have anny where to get the props to go with my costume ive got to make them all by hand ( and i can do that X_x) ! i will make them look authentic if its the last thing i do !

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-16-2004, 12:16 AM
My most over-the-top part of the plans is probably the part where I convince my older brother to let me tag along and wear costumes and utterly embarrass him (I love being a cute lil' sister! I'm so snuggly and cute he can't say no to me!).

My other over-the-top plan is to be wall market Cloud. tee hee, I'm going to totally get into it and actually act like a male. I'll even "accidentally" almost go into the men's room.

I'm going to embarrass Murray! Yay! And he doesn't even know I'm planning this yet because I'm so evil I haven't even mentioned my plans to him yet. hehehehe...

rox_my_sox
04-18-2004, 05:37 PM

Genki de.

When i made the original post i was not sure what hotel my mother had booked, expecting it was far away i figured the car might work for a quick change. Now that I know were it is the car plan is skratched off of my extremely long list of things to do/ulter for anime north.

MizuZero
04-18-2004, 10:58 PM
The van can be put to better use anyways, no? =P

Ryukka
04-19-2004, 04:44 PM
x_x Genkiai Merry Go Round Yura for next year.. ungh that will = death. blecchhh @_@; its going to be so pricey.. and I don't know how to attach the sun on his back..

dani
04-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Yes, a bit over the top because AN is so close and the project I happened to choose involves very little sewing but a lot of other skills I'm not that familiar with.

Initially I had planned to just wear my Sailor Venus for all the 2004 cons (after all the effort it took me) but I felt strange with nothing to do so I started another one :)

A deadline is the mother of every finished project :)

Dani

Lyulf
04-20-2004, 10:01 AM
I could say my plans are getting over the top, funds are getting low(needed new digital camera) making weapons, sewing and to top it off having to get everthing done around a now due siberian husky( she is being a major sook, and i think all of her puppies are from Naruto from all the kicking going on)

:crylaugh:

YukiPhnx
04-20-2004, 05:18 PM
dani, i can't wait to see your sailor v costume! i saw a pic of it for M-TAC. it looks so good!

dani
04-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Yuki: IF (and that's a big if) my new project gets done in time, it will be about half of the time each. Otherwise it will be all Venus all the time :).

Dani

Oshi
04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Well, this is about as overboard as I'm doing:

I can't go up Thursday because I wanna/gotta go to my girlfriends film festival thing (good chance of her winning something for the movie I helped her make) on Friday night. So I'll be leaving right from her house in New Jersey to go straight up to Toronto on Friday night/Saturday morning. No sleep for the Oshi, weee! 8D

YukiPhnx
04-22-2004, 10:21 PM
dani, i hope we meet up! i wanna take a pic of u in ur sailor v costume!!