PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Trailer on Tokyo Pop

Nadeshiko
11-10-2002, 12:37 AM
What's everyone's opinions on this one?

I just saw it a few minutes ago, and I think I'm going to cry. ;_;

peacecraft
11-11-2002, 11:17 AM
I'm so annoyed at what Tokyo Pop is doing with that title that I don't even WANT to go watch their trailer...

Helloooooo taiwanese dvds...

Nadeshiko
11-12-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by peacecraft

Helloooooo taiwanese dvds...

Exactly my sentiments...

I'm fine with the Tak thing, but after seeing the full trailer, I'm reluctant to support the US release. It's as if they're trying to Fast and Furious-ize Initial D.

Just my quick two cents.

Studmaster
11-15-2002, 09:19 AM
Don't worry Nadeshiko, you're not alone in your disdain and disgust of Tokyocrock's direction with Inital D. They honestly think this show is their Dragon Ball Z, and will bring them millions of dollars as it has done with Funimation. You should see their "letter" that the CEO made public, saying that every Manga would come with white out so you change the dialouge back to it's original form.

But you know what the sad thing is....They are shopping Initial D around for TV, and trying to appeal to the "Soccer Mom and Kid" base, and they still haven't found a taker to show it on Television, and a LOT of the people in Tokyopop didn't want to butcher it in the first place, but the execs did it anyway. One person even ditched them to work elsewhere after that.

I wonder what Tokyopop is going to do at AX 2003 if their series hasn't been on TV yet?

peacecraft
11-15-2002, 11:33 AM
I hope nobody picks it up. Seriously, when will distributors learn that we want the material brought here unchanged. Didn't we get beyond this butchering it for the american audience phase in 1990.

White out? Screw that. In order to white out their comic I'd have to buy it and support it. I'll just download an ultimately better fan translated version.

KaineMaxwell
11-15-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm afraid to ask- anyone got a summery of the newest crapfest?

TyJILDown
11-16-2002, 02:50 AM
I adore Initial D so much, I wouldn't want to see what knd of hack job TokyoPop packed into their trailer...such a disgrace!