PDA

View Full Version : The infamous foot-long brim of Alucard (the hat)

daguru
02-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I wanna hear how other Alucards got their hats. I know how hard it is to replicate the wide-brim slovak rider's hat. I use a velvet Phantom of the Opera hat. It looks really cool, but it's just not alucard. The brim just isn't wide enough.

Giant Alucard
02-07-2004, 10:14 PM
i used a regular straw hat and widen'd the brim using cardboard, then I covered it all with fabric. Maybe thats why it looked so wierd.

Anna_Chan
02-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Sometimes you have to lengthen a red store-bought hat with cardboard and cover it with the same material the hat's made of, or you can jus buy it the right length. ...Or you could make the hat yourself.....

Lyn
02-08-2004, 11:06 AM
What Giant Alucard and Anna Chan suggested is pretty much the best method, I think. I haven't done an Alucard costume but I have done a 2 foot long hat for my Kamijo costume. ^^; And I used that method and it worked very well. You just get a the biggest sun hat you can find at some place like a thrift store (they're the cheapest) and then just attach cardboard to make it the right length, and glue on the same fabric as you use for the outfit, since Alucard's hat and outfit are the same color. It's a lot of fun to have a big hat like that, no matter who you're cosplaying. ^_^

Giant Alucard
02-10-2004, 07:40 AM
hmmm, so true. The only problem I've ever had with the hat is that it is so big that i hit doorways and walls when i dont pay attentions, lol.