PDA

View Full Version : How to view Uncategorized and Non-Cosplay Photos?

Hylian Jean
07-10-2012, 05:41 PM
In our Album Administration page at the top of the list we are shown the Uncategorized and Non-Cosplay photo stats. My page shows 1 Uncategorized and 0 Non-Cosplay. I'm not sure that's correct, but I have no way to see what those photos are. There is no link to show me that one Uncategorized photo, or what is in Non-Cosplay (if there were more than 0 photos there). Are links to these categories or folders something that will be added later, or should I formally suggest it? :P

seiryuux
07-10-2012, 06:16 PM
If you have any Galleries set up, go into one of them. On the bottom right, you'll see a link that says "All photos by <username>" under your profile avatar. Click that link to see all your photos.

However, I do agree that there should be a direct link to all photos in the Album Admin page.

Hylian Jean
07-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not trying to see all of my photos. I'm specifically trying to see which photos the site is saying are labeled "uncategorized" or "non-cosplay."

Also, I'm not sure why I had to go and find a photo of mine somewhere and click on it in order to ever find a link to my galleries... that's just odd. That link ought to be right there amongst Costumes and Photos links under my user icon, shouldn't it?

RydiaValentine
07-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Why? Is not that hard clicking two times instead of one to reach the gallery :S

Hee-Hee
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Why? Is not that hard clicking two times instead of one to reach the gallery :S

It might not be hard, but it is the general consensus that the entire gallery and album system is a lot more cumbersome to navigate than it used to be. Like the inability to go straight to someone's album pages that show thumbnail album covers, for example.

Hylian Jean
07-12-2012, 04:38 PM
A navigation table needs to be as straightforward and comprehensive as possible. It's not doing its job if people need to take a circuitous route to get it to show them the most basic options. People who are just visiting the site don't know that they can find galleries by looking close-up at a random image and they might never notice if they don't look closer than thumbnails on the first page.