PDA

View Full Version : errie..victorian characters...? help

musica heart
02-08-2004, 01:33 PM
I have no idea where else to post this..so here I go.
I have been wanting to cosplay as...an "errie, girl with a big dress"
somthing victorian mabey...but who knows ...i am open.
Any suggestions character wise?
my search has proved negatory except a pictuer that is about the size of seed. :hafha:
blessed be..
:dance:

Lyn
02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
That's a pretty broad description. ^^; How about some gothic lolita? There can be rather large dresses in that and most of them have the victorian look to them. And you can experiment a lot with them and make them off of original designs. For pictures, look up the Gothic Lolita Bibles.

The only really thing I can think of (or that comes first to mind) that has victorian errie outfits would be the manga Count Cain (ha! found another way to plug about it!). Michaela and Justice are both very eerie characters. And Justice has some reasonably big dresses. If you ever saw Jezeroth's big hoop-skirt gothic lolita outfit, then that's similar to what Justice wears. And she's usually blindfolded too. Then Michaela is very evil lolita looking. She's wrapped in bandages as well. I could try to find some pictures of them if they interest you any. I'm trying to think of other characters (as I'm very obessesed with that era) but my mind is currently blank.

daguru
02-09-2004, 11:16 PM
big dress? eerie? Victorian (my fav era)?

try Freya from Chobits. :bigtu:

PorcelainSakura
02-10-2004, 04:40 AM
I agree with Lyn on the egl, though it sounds like you might want more of an ega (elegant gothic aristocrat) which is pretty much straight up victorian.
For anime, maybe Rose of Versailles. The court girls have huge ballgowns ^_^

ACXchan
02-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Mina Harker's red dress from the Dracula movie ^ ^ Not exactly big in the wide sense but it has a huge trail.

kitsunered
02-10-2004, 01:28 PM
What does "errie" mean?
-K :confused:

murmur
02-10-2004, 02:33 PM
I think what they were going for was "Eerie." Anyway, it's not anime, but I've always lusted after Christina Ricci's black-and-white striped victorian dress from the end of "Sleepy Hollow," in a big way. Someday I'll find enough fabric...

kitsunered
02-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I think what they were going for was "Eerie." Anyway, it's not anime, but I've always lusted after Christina Ricci's black-and-white striped victorian dress from the end of "Sleepy Hollow," in a big way. Someday I'll find enough fabric...

Ah, okay. I thought it was a term I'd never heard before or something.

I love that dress too, btw, but I can definitely see how it would be hard to find the fabric to make it.

-Kits

musica heart
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
hmm alrighty..well thank you thank you...I don't know what it is about me and big skirts that you can hardly fit through a door with..lovely things. But you do get that "this radius is my space, enter and be consumed by the dress monster in the folds of fabric!" whaha...okay that was enough of that.
Sure pictures of count cain would be wonderouse...thank you!

PorcelainSakura
02-10-2004, 10:46 PM
"this radius is my space, enter and be consumed by the dress monster in the folds of fabric!"
Also, the "You don't know what I might be hiding under here" complex is fun. It can also be a game, general rule: at least two people must be able to hide under it or it's not a hoop skirt ^_^

Hikari-neko
02-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Although it's not an anime, Isabella from the manga Paradise Kiss would be a good choice too. She, well he, has excellent taste in Victorian clothes and I always wanted to see a good Isabella cosplayer.