PDA

View Full Version : General "What are you Working On" Thread: Steampunk Edition

Elycium
07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Trying to breath life into this forum. And since the general cosplay thread has one of these, why not us? This thread is a place where we can all share what it is we're working on (steampunk wise), and ask for tips, etc. The usual "try to be nice, and if you feel the need to give criticism, then make it constructive" rules apply.

I'll start: This is my current project, a corset that I decided to try out. I'm not usually one for browns, but the fabric was too darn perfect to pass up.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Elyciumfields/catsandcorsets021.jpg

All it needs now is for the grommets to be added so I can lace it up.

Mehdia
07-15-2012, 01:05 PM
OMG! I have that fabric too! We lined the corset for my brother's girlfriend's Alice corset for the Steamdress. It was on clearance and I totally pounced on it. I was going to make a corset out if it for myself, but let her use some of it to line hers. Yours looks super awesome though!

kimonocrazy
07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, I'm working on a steampunk composer cosplay. I've got the outfit, but I still need to make the steampunk baton. The outfit consist of a cream colored jacket, white button down shirt, black cravat, black vest, and black pants/shoes.

Mehdia
07-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Guess I could have posted my most recent piece I made. It's a commission for a steampunk Alice (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3244951/) from Alice in Wonderland. I just made the underbust corset and suspenders. I can't wait to see her full costume. I bet it's going to be cute. And I guess this could go in steampunk since it's Alice's steamdress (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3235494/) from Alice Madness Returns. I helped my brother's girlfriend make it, and I think we turned out something very true to the game.

I need to start working on some other stuff. I have a few steampunk designs I want to do, so I need to get to planning. I have a friend that's a big steampunk, so I will probably rope her and another friend into wearing more of my designs soon.

Curucar
07-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Some steampunk Star Trek (TNG). Right now I'm working on spruicing up my existing TNG uniform, then it's on to accessories and deciding which corset to use (I have a few dark red/black corsets...).

Volnixshin
07-17-2012, 08:00 AM
So far working on some gloves, leather fingerless ones. Always good for uniforms.

sunseenli
07-17-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm actually looking for someone who would be willing to make some steampunk pieces for me, does that count? Does anyone on here take commissions?

Mehdia
07-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm actually looking for someone who would be willing to make some steampunk pieces for me, does that count? Does anyone on here take commissions?

I take commissions and love doing steampunk. So if you want, PM me and we can see if I can do what you are looking for.

sunseenli
07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Aaand, sent. Thank you so much!

Mehdia
07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
No problem!

Skeff
08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm also in the realm of doing commissions as well. I'm not great with clothing, but I am a metal worker by trade and I am learning leather at the moment. If you have any ideas for metal/wood/leather pieces, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do :)

Elycium
08-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I take the occasional commission myself, though I'm better at women's clothing than men's.

Skeff, do you have a link to any of your work?

prettylush
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I've just finished a pauldron for myself and a bracer for a girlfriend of mine. Having trouble deciding what I want to make next!

Mademoiselle
08-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm just starting to plan out a costume myself. I haven't been into steampunk very long but I always have loved Victorian/Edwardian fashion so it's a natural step. ^.^

EdenAnarchy
08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm working on a Steampunk version of the Witchblade for DragonCon this year. I will have pictures up in a few days once its finished.

And for the last few years, I've taught Steampunk panels at Anime cons, but I'm teaching at my first Steampunk convention this November! I'm beyond excited :)

Mehdia
08-17-2012, 04:49 PM
A steampunk Witchblade sounds pretty awesome. I really can't wait to see it!

Elycium
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm working on making some corslettes (waist cinchers that sort of look like underbust corsets but without the busk) using that neat fabric I made the corset out of. Hopefully I'll get them finished soon so I can finally get some stuff in my etsy shop. XD;

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Elyciumfields/Picture0823122012_1.jpg

I'm even actually measuring for the grain line (I usually just guestimate when its for myself, lol) XD

Mehdia
08-24-2012, 12:58 AM
I still love that fabric Elycium. I wish I had more of it. I might have enough to do another corslette since I used part of the yard I bought to line the one for my brother's fiancee's Alice Madness Returns steamdress corslette.

But now that I've got a commission I was doing finished (even though I also have some others to work on) I might start to finish up my steampunk wind-up doll since I just need to make the wind-up key. I really want to wear it and do a cool photo shoot in it soon.

Elycium
08-24-2012, 06:31 AM
your store doesn't carry it any more / isn't able to order it? Its still quite abundant at our store (or was the last time I looked). I intend to grab some more of it soon myself, just because its too awesome to pass up.

I really look forward to seeing your wind-up doll. It sounds really neat.

Mehdia
08-24-2012, 10:28 AM
When I bought the fabric in the earlier part of the year it was on clearance, so none of the stores have it anymore.

As for my doll (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/225352/), I'm stoked to get it finished. It's based on Abney Park's song Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll. I just need to finish the key and get the ribbons and elastics on my ballet shoes. I also have boots to wear with it when the ballet shoes aren't a smart choice.

SupremeKai
09-03-2012, 07:33 PM
THinking of starting up a steampunk Spiderman have seen so many amazing artwork its just something i might be able to pull off just have to start now so i can take my time to make it look like it does in my head, trying to get it done for C2E2 in Chicago

iamthelain
09-13-2012, 03:09 AM
I am almost done with my first two steampunk guns. I did bring them both to Otakon 2012 and they were both a big success.

Gun #1 http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3281550/ is kind of themed for a pirate or smuggler or some other lower class person and is made to look and feel kind of rough and kept working with what ever was at hand.

Gun #2 http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3281561/ was built for my under construction evil mad scientist costume. Its a "prototype" rifle version of Nikola Tesla's death ray. I am thinking of taking on the fictitious role of Nikola Tesla's evil half brother who is almost as smart as Nikola and "half as crazy but twice as evil".

I have also started on two new guns as well, one will be of similar design to the death ray rifle and the other is a "functional" grapple gun. It will have a working grapple hook that can be loaded and fired (with a range of about 2 or 3 feet) and should look the part quite nicely. I will post up pictures of these two as I get further into the builds and they start to take shape.

Mehdia
09-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Those guns are really amazing looking. You can see all the work that went into them. And anyone basing their stuff on Tesla is okay in my book!

ghosgreen
09-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Currently working on my plague doctor stuff. Specifically the medical case I plan to carry with me. I got a few ideas what to put in it but not entirely sure yet. Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Alice MacLeod
10-01-2012, 01:47 AM
I am finishing up on my huge portable rail cannon which when its barrell is extended its 7 feet long. I ma also making 2 bags shaped like cogs despite the fact the cog is becoming a stereotype in the genere now. They were round cookie tins i didn't know what else to do with them!! One is a backpack the other is a smaller side bag. They will be used t ohouse all the trinkets I need as a geoogist to collect minerals, metals, gems and the likes to sell to the evil geniuses to make their dooms day weapons or whoever pays the most lolzz. but even a geologist needs to be armed to protect their horde from thieves.

Alice MacLeod
10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I actually seen one of those tesl death rays fire. The 1940's footage was neat. It's modern name is the Ion cannon. Reagan had 4 built during the SDI era and NASA / JPL later converted one into the Ion Drive. Relaly neat machine too. But uber heavy those are. A portable one would be the neatest thing.

Mehdia
10-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Reviving this thread a bit! I just finished a costume (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3300912/) that has a very steampunk feel to it for a commission today and thought I would share it. The customer intends to wear it for Halloween with a Venetian mask that was the inspiration for the piece. But overall, it feels like, with the right accessories, it could easily become steampunk. After all, the customer saw the red striped one of the same style I made for my friend's steampunk costume and wanted to duplicate it in her color palette.

Monocle_Complex
10-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Just finished a choker that I intend on selling sometime. [The sad part is all the chokers that I sell locally never get bought because the market for them is so dim. :(] Still, I love making them. The last step to this was coffee staining it, which was by far the most pleasing experience because of the results. I may have to do some more staining.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/292/a/5/the_plague_aristocrat_by_kimmiecat555-d5i4gsj.jpg

Mehdia
10-16-2012, 08:37 PM
That choker is gorgeous! The colors are perfect and the construction looks great. I hope you sell it and whoever buys it is happy with it. It really would be a nice piece to add to a costume.

johnwik
10-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I know about one more where we can see lot of great stuffs about steampunk tell you later.

Mehdia
11-08-2012, 02:47 AM
I got pictures (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3311835/) of the costume (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3311834/) I finished recently on commission that had a steampunk feel to it and thought I would share them. I love the accessories the customer created for it and think she looked fantastic in the costume. She told me she would send more when she does a photo shoot in it. Now I want to make me an outfit like that...

Elycium
11-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Mehdia, that came out lovely!

Mehdia
11-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it. And the accessories and wig she chose to go with it really brought the costume to life. I can't wait to see what she does for a photo shoot.

ghosgreen
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Well here's the plague doctor mask I was working on. My friend made this lovely mask for me out of leather and the rest of it well still working on it like the case I'm carrying. The reason I have screens for the lens is because I had just gotten it from my friend the day before and didn't have time to make a proper lens for the mask. But since then I replaced the screen lens with red ones and it looks a lot cooler. Problem was I used this thing on Halloween night and well... Walking into a couple of bushes, tripping on a few things and crossing of the roads...oh man...Yeah still needs a lot of work.http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3305809/

Mehdia
11-10-2012, 02:16 AM
That is an awesome mask. I love the Plague masks because they are so creepy looking and what they were used for had to be horrifying (I can't imagine trying to live through the plague). I can't wait to see more of what you do for the costume because it's looking fantastic so far.

ghosgreen
11-19-2012, 11:43 PM
That is an awesome mask. I love the Plague masks because they are so creepy looking and what they were used for had to be horrifying (I can't imagine trying to live through the plague). I can't wait to see more of what you do for the costume because it's looking fantastic so far.

Thank you. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now. Upgrades will definitely come hopefully within the next year.

Ironhill
11-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I saw a plague doctor mask at Balticon a few years ago. It had a braided metal hose that came out of the bottom and went to a filter. You might want to do something like that.

Elycium
11-29-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm working on a lady's outfit right now. I'm re-making the bustle, because I don't like how I currently made the one I have, but the skirt itself is coming along nicely. This is a Bell skirt, with train (probably my favorite type of skirt atm). Its pinned a little blah in the back, but it shows the general shape. ^_^

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Elyciumfields/kanayaprogress003.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Elyciumfields/kanayaprogress002.jpg

HerrLudwig
12-28-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking of doing a Steampunk version of Edward Scissorhands.

Alice MacLeod
01-16-2013, 05:56 AM
I wore this recently at a book signing in Toronto and will be wearing this at the end of the month to a large Victorian / Steampunk event in London, Ontario for the first time. Due to low budget it took em a year to assemble this and i was really worried i would not be able to pull it off but it turned out really well.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3339787/

Curucar
01-21-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm making a burlesque-y bustle skirt based off this tutorial (http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/burlesque_bustle_skirt). It's fabulous, and only takes about 2 hours if you aren't adding frills everywhere.

Mehdia
01-22-2013, 01:25 AM
That tutorial is really good. I saw it once and it gave me a ton of ideas, so I took the basics of it and added my own twists. It really is great for a jumping off point for a cute costume. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

TeaForThought
01-25-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm starting to work on my first steampunk ensemble I think.
I know I'd like to stick with a more socialite archetype and throw something in along the lines of an explorer or accidental alchemist. As far as an actual outfit...I'm not solid on details. But...I know I've got my top hat, a custom steampunk pistol and a pair of the typical green tinted goggles...but...I'm not really attached to the idea of using the goggles. I'm hoping I can stick to the attire of a proper gentleman but adding things to make it more unique.

Can you guys tell I'm new to this one? I bet you can.

moosedoom
01-26-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm gonna be doin a kinda steampunky Marie Antoinette. Ship in my hair and everything. :D

Mehdia
01-26-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm starting to work on my first steampunk ensemble I think.
I know I'd like to stick with a more socialite archetype and throw something in along the lines of an explorer or accidental alchemist. As far as an actual outfit...I'm not solid on details. But...I know I've got my top hat, a custom steampunk pistol and a pair of the typical green tinted goggles...but...I'm not really attached to the idea of using the goggles. I'm hoping I can stick to the attire of a proper gentleman but adding things to make it more unique.

Can you guys tell I'm new to this one? I bet you can.

But new can be so good in a genre like this. Sometimes it takes someone who is new to it to create something fresh and different. I like that you are sticking to the aristocrat though. You usually see airship pirates and adventurers, so to see someone want to do something more noble is really cool.

I'm gonna be doin a kinda steampunky Marie Antoinette. Ship in my hair and everything. :D

That I need to see. I can imagine it's going to be pretty epic with the ship in your hair!

TeaForThought
01-26-2013, 02:14 AM
But new can be so good in a genre like this. Sometimes it takes someone who is new to it to create something fresh and different. I like that you are sticking to the aristocrat though. You usually see airship pirates and adventurers, so to see someone want to do something more noble is really cool.

Thanks..I hope I can figure out how to retain the elegance but keep a certain edge...if that makes any sense. I've seen so many great outfits and ideas both on the internet and during conventions...so I'm excited to finally be getting into this awesome genre.

I know someone mentioned spats in previous posts...so that's helped with my list at least. I'm trying to decide on what sort of accessories or gadgets to add to this too.

Shirt with a caravat/jabot
Waistcoat
Overcoat
Breeches
Boots
Spats
Top hat
Pistol

Mehdia
01-26-2013, 03:42 AM
Spats are always good. And you could always do some taller ones over boots with the pants tucked in. Like some nice dress slacks like they would have worn, but to give that edge use boots with tall spats over them. You should find a really awesome pocket watch, as all gentlemen would carry one. I would say to get some really nice gloves, maybe even leather ones to wear. Maybe even a cane of some sort that is steampunked. I love seeing the accessories people come up with for their costumes. That's just some ideas I'm having at nearly 3 A.M.

TeaForThought
01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Spats are always good. And you could always do some taller ones over boots with the pants tucked in. Like some nice dress slacks like they would have worn, but to give that edge use boots with tall spats over them. You should find a really awesome pocket watch, as all gentlemen would carry one. I would say to get some really nice gloves, maybe even leather ones to wear. Maybe even a cane of some sort that is steampunked. I love seeing the accessories people come up with for their costumes. That's just some ideas I'm having at nearly 3 A.M.

I can't believe I forgot my pocketwatch.

But yeah, I have some tall combat boots and I'm considering a pair of vintage short boots as well. Later today I plan on looking through my bin of fabrics to see if I have anything I can use...between that and trying to decide on a colour palette. I'd love to be able to steer away from the browns and drabs to incorporate some brighter colours in there....a noble can afford to be flashy after all, right? I was thinking that I would have liked to take a bandolier of some sort and put assorted bottles and vials in it instead of bullets...and perhaps create a gadget or two to carry around...just something with moving parts or lights...though I'm not sure what just yet

Mehdia
01-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Go for the more vibrant colors. They loved them in Victorian times and I could definitely see an aristocrat wearing something a bit more eye popping.

hippiewriter
02-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I just finished a brass and copper tiara (http://salvagedadornment.tumblr.com/post/43360115887/a-little-project-i-just-finished-a). I like how it turned out, but I was so focused on it that I haven't thought of what to work on next. Maybe I should work on that blue and yellow bustle gown that I've been putting off finishing... Nowhere near as fun as starting a new project, though. :toothy:

Mehdia
02-21-2013, 01:28 AM
That tiara is gorgeous! Anyone wearing it would be lucky to show off such stunning work. It looks so flawless.

Mehdia
06-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I've been reviving some old threads with pictures of costumes I wore at A-kon this weekend. I just wanted to share pictures of my wind-up (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3393671/) doll (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3393670/) costume. They aren't great, but they are a start to show what it turned out like.

Boreotheria
06-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I have a vague idea for a character/costume, for the first time. It would be a naturalist or field scientist, inspired a little bit by Stephen Maturin from Patrick O'Brian's books.

The basic outfit will probably be jacket/shirt/vest and breeches with tall boots (although nothing that will keep me from kneeling/squatting outside to look at stuff on the ground), and a sun hat. Adjustments can be made for climate/weather because I will not be as averse to "going native" as historical European explorers were. Accessories will include pouches for collecting samples, a loup or magnifying glass, a spyglass, maybe a mock chemical analysis kit of some kind, and fake critters in cages/jars.

I have no idea about a name. I have no problem with screwing up British class systems and therefore haven't decided whether I want a common sort of name or a noble one.

Mehdia
06-26-2013, 02:39 AM
I just found a really great, clear shot of my wind-up doll (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3401714/) costume from wearing it Sunday at Anime Blues Con. A head shot of me in that costume also ended up in our local newspaper accompanying an article about the convention.

Beachbead
06-28-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm putting together a steampunk Green ranger outfit, I only have the shoes, vest and shirt, I'm still seeking other things for the outfit. I still need to either buy the shoe laces or paint them green, I'm leaning towards painting them.

knnguyen66
09-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey i am wondering if i can get some outfil advice. I am trying to make a steampunk ninja outfit. im picturing something like the blue spirit from the last air bender combined with kroenen.

Misha Aogail
09-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Currently working on a Steampunk Hexadecimal (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3426832/) costume. I got the base character done last year for a steampunk convention, and have been upgrading her ever since. I still have some ideas in mind to make her more "complete" but she's one of those I don't think ever will actually be complete.

The picture is from a con earlier this year where I had the pieces, but didn't get to modify them as I wanted to before the con.

Purified Ace
09-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm always looking for ways to enhance my Steampunk Captain Jack Sparrow. Any and all advice on such endeavor would be appreciated.

I still take pride in the fact that I was one of the first to Steampunk Captain Jack in cosplay (at least, one of the first to put it online).

Mortek
09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here. Friend got me into Cosplay a while back, working on my first outfit. This might be a weird question but anyone know of a mini fog machine that would fit into a top hat? I've looked around and I cant find anything that small, if I cant find anything I'll have to make one myself dammit! :D

Mystery221
11-04-2013, 07:29 AM
My flatmate and I are working on steampunk archaeologist cosplays. Out corsets just arrived today. We're so excited!

Master Null
11-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I havent started working on it, but I am designing a steampunk cheshire cat costume. I am quite excited about it!

redsheep
11-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I've got an idea for my first Steampunk outfit, I just have no idea how to go about doing it. Doodling a whole bunch, I guess. But hey, picking the concept's half the battle.

kuroki-neko
11-15-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm drawing out plans for a steampunk costume and I cannot decide on what to do, so many choices! I just hope I don't overdo it when its done.

Alice MacLeod
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
I have my victorian gothic nobility outfit and a new victorian blue alice steampunk outfit but I am thinking of revamping the madness returns steam dress. I want to have a proper leather dress made. I know it will be dam heavy and very expensive but I really want the real thing with real rivets in it. I have my own rivet gun.. I use to frame and skin aircraft and spacecraft for a living. I am just tired of the flimsey ones from the cosplay stores.

Mehdia
01-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Well, this isn't a thing I'm actually working on, but instead a finished one that I thought I would share without starting a new thread.

I've shared a few pictures of my wind-up doll based on Abney Park's song "Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll" in the past. I wore it at a one day convention this weekend and changed the shirts that I wore with it because I needed warm layers and ended up liking it better than the original way I wore it.

Anyway, here's a few (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3465118/) pictures (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3464891/) of the updated look.

Recherche
02-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Just finished my complete set of 1870's underwear including chemise, drawers, corset, wire bustle and 3 petticoats.

-whew-

Now to start on the Steampunk Dryad dress to go over it

morningstarl666
03-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone. New to the site and am happy I found a steampunk thread.

I live in the UK and am going to a convention in July, but this will be my first attending a convention in cosplay. I'll be doing an ensemble piece, a steampunk frontier scientist version of Scarecrow from DC comics, utilising elements of the Arkham Asylum game and the Batman animated series.

So far I have found an amazing waistcoat, a cravat and shirt that I already had and a pair of boot cut leather trousers. From all my research it doesn't look like leather trousers are worn a lot in steampunk, but I think, with the time period and the character being kind of a western frontier scientist, the leather trousers would definitely work.

I'm going to be modifying a halloween scarecrow mask so it completely covers my head, has the gas mask attachments as seen in the game and a monocle. I'll also be making a leather vambrace version of the injector glove from the game and a hat out of an old leather jacket (similar to the one in the Van Helsing movie). Add in the small leather pouch I made as a sporran alternative for one of my kilts and a leather satchel, and I think I'll end up with a very unique and original looking outfit.

What do you guys think? Any advice, tips or feedback would be massively appreciated.

Boreotheria
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't know the character, but I like the idea of leather trousers in steampunk. I think it's a good thematic fit if not a historical one. But I'm all for expanding horizons. Love the waistcoat too.

My current project is a waistcoat and skirt ensemble. Maybe a matching hat if I have time. Most of my attempts at steampunk have involved a corset. I want something that I can dress myself in this time. ;) I made a six-panel skirt that goes just below the knee (the problem with floor-length is that they hide the boots!) and I'm working on modifying/girl-shaping a waistcoat from Simplicity 2895 (http://www.etsy.com/listing/153335325/simplicity-2895-victorian-edwardian?ref=market). Easier to put some darts or princess seams in a boxy man's vest than try to make typical women's patterns fit my middle-aged plus-sized shape.

MadHatter4980
05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I am working on a Steampunk Bandit costume for myself. I love steampunk and wanna get involved in cosplay in the Los Angeles area. So if anybody knows of anything going on please let me know. Thanks! I will post pics when I'm done.

Mehdia
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm actually about to start making a hooded corset on commission for someone who is having a steampunk themed wedding. As soon as I get it started, I will share pictures.

Mehdia
05-16-2014, 09:40 PM
I've finished the corset commission (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3492512/) for the steampunk wedding. I'm pretty proud of it^^

Joey Lanuza
05-19-2014, 02:57 PM
I finished my Steampunk Princess Erica (genderbend of Little Mermaid's Prince Eric) already, but I am now doing a revamp of my steampunk Espeon from last year at Otakon.

Elycium
05-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Mehdia, that hooded corset looks wonderful!

ghosgreen
05-30-2014, 03:49 AM
I'm actually starting to get back into the steampunk game so I'm revamping my plague doctor. Gonna use a coat with a hood instead of a hat this time. I got my new rifle painted and ready to go. Next I'm gonna make special pouches for my collection of vials to attach to my belt and make a syringe gun with a bone saw attached and possibly a few extra holsters for some extra pistols. I got until the end of June to get this finished but I'm pretty pretty excited for it. I've been out of it for a while and its nice to be getting back into it.

ArchangelGarrus
07-13-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm working on an OC Steampunk character. An girl from a high-class family who runs away in the middle of the night on her 18th birthday for a life of adventure. She takes in interest in tinkering, and is rather bad at it at first, but the more she works on her inventions, the more she invents things that help her survive her adventures.
I'm still drawing up the character, except that I can't draw to save my life. I'm thinking very standard Victorian socialite clothing or a tattered nightgown from her running away in the middle of the night, with a coat, goggles, a Steampunk wrench, and a gun. I'm not sure yet. As I said, I can't draw but I am trying to design her.

axemnas
11-14-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm working on a creature of mine well semi I'm kinda in the gathering materials/concept phase. He's a hyena/bat/binturong born in the victorian era. He's based a bit on HG Wells's Island of Doctor Moraeu. After a accident at the lab he was created in the scientist replace part of his body with robotics.
So far I've got his articulated mechanical wings ready for fabric and covers and the fur and normal eye ready to apply. Besides that and concept work for his tail and robotics I've been trying to find a way to get enough leather for a low enough price for certain areas along with the straps for his augmentations, a utility belt. though I haven't completely figured that out yet. I'd love some recommendations

http://axemnas.deviantart.com/art/Okto-s-character-sheet-454189891