PDA

View Full Version : Scary anime

KaineMaxwell
11-10-2002, 10:28 AM
What's the most frightening anime you've ever sene, or the most frightening disturbing anime you've seen?

Lovelyangel_81
11-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Wicked City is pretty disturbing.

Cassandra
11-10-2002, 12:02 PM
probably Perfect Blue

Mink
11-10-2002, 08:17 PM
Ditto Perfect Blue.

Though Unico gets my vote for disturbing

Chimera_Zero
11-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Boogiepop Phantom ^^

KuroBara
11-10-2002, 09:24 PM
Blood the Last Vampire-
Tons of gore, someone tapped me on the shoulder at one point & I jumped. No more scary anime at work. >_< Or Chobits...I can just imagine someone walking in at just the wrong time...

KnuxieChan
11-10-2002, 10:05 PM
Princess Mononoke O.O The last part.. scared the crap outta me >__<

MarshalBanana
11-10-2002, 10:41 PM
perfect blue just for mr. memania *cringes*... *runs away and hides*

Demented Otaku
11-10-2002, 10:55 PM
Perfect Blue... and Petshop of Horrors.

Karasu
11-10-2002, 11:32 PM
Di Gi Charat. All five minutes was absolutely terrifying. Too cute = too scary.

Cait
11-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Di Gi Charat, I agree with! Scary as hell...

Babbit_Chan
11-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by KuroBaraDuelist
Blood the Last Vampire-
Tons of gore, someone tapped me on the shoulder at one point & I jumped. No more scary anime at work. >_< Or Chobits...I can just imagine someone walking in at just the wrong time...

Umm, I watched it at midnight and I must say... Would you call me sick for laughing at *all* of the gory parts? O_O

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 12:34 AM
ping pong club....uggg

Dawn
11-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Devil Man.

HFSJD(*%#)(%*(#)*$(#/......

Well. It became more funny as we made fun of it ^^

No offense to Devil Man fans ~laughs~ just not my type of anime...

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 04:14 AM
i forgot to mention

HAMTARO!!!

very creepy anime, im still emotionly f'ed up

psythe
11-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Boogiepop Phantom, although that may fall under more creepy then scary.

Forgoing Boogiepop, I will agree with a few of you...Perfect Blue was defo scary.

ryuichi fangirl
11-11-2002, 10:19 AM
O.o yup, Perfect Blue...and the fact that it was my MOM who bought it for me, fully knowing what it was...:eek:

Fireflyprincess
11-11-2002, 10:38 AM
I'd say Kite and Petshop of horrors.

Lovelyangel_81
11-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Yea...I do believe Perfect Blue is pretty out there. That movie @&*$ up my head. In a twist way I like it. ^__^

Kenshin Ken
11-13-2002, 02:51 PM
....I haven't seen Perfect Blue yet...... but I'll add my bit here..

....Grave of the fireflies. @_@ it didn't make me depressed.. even though it is really really sad... it got me feeling blanked out for awhile..

Then again..^^;; hmm.....me and some buddies HAVE seen some pretty bad H-titles which I shan't mention ^^;;

Mei Lan Chang
11-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Mink
Ditto Perfect Blue.

Unico?! What's wrong with a high pitched little unicorn that looks like a wombat saving the earth by expressing love through elaphantisis morphing?

.....:eek: Hah...ok...so it's a little odd.

But yes...Wicked City and Perfect Blue had me with that vacant stare when the credits started rolling.

But End of Eva was the scariest in the way that it left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention makes me hold a grudge for forcing what could have been a pretty cool anime into me holding teetering opinion of "Whoa...dude..." and "God that sucked."
You have to have a pretty comprehensive cognition of ancient jewish history and mysticism to even begin to grasp what Anno Hideaki was babbling about.

KnuxieChan
11-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Isn't Wicked City the adult's only thing? *read a review*I'm curious about Petshop of Horrors.. Looks kinda interesting..

Another scary one: Speed Racer O_O'..

Yggdrasil Pie
11-13-2002, 06:14 PM
I forgot what it was called...I think it was called Black Heaven? Some...parts...scared...me...^^;;;;

KaitouKurogo
11-13-2002, 10:41 PM
You beat me to the punch, WaterEmpress. Black Heaven was probably the freakiest anime I've ever seen...well...it runs neck and neck with Tenshi Ni Narumon. I still have nightmares...

Grave Of Fireflies scarred me for life and I've sworn never to watch it again. So sad...

...But what do you people have against Hamtaro!? *Hugs his Ham-Ham plushie and gets all defensive.**

Still, the anime "Dagger Of Kamui" left me feeling like I had sucked on a penny. My friends and I still mock how long it took that last bad guy to die even after he got stabbed in the head. He just wouldn't fall down!

Y'all ever seen Kaitou St. Tail? Lil' Sailormoon/Pretty Sammy kind of story about a girl named Mimi who uses magic to rob people in the name of God...with, of course, the help of her friend, a nun in training who breaches her solemn churchy-oaths by telling Mimi exactly what people confess to her out of grief. It's a little trippy, but not bad once you get used to it.

Shadow Lady
11-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Perfect Blue was creepy but pretty good. I'm just glad my parents didn't walk in during some of the "scenes":thumbsup: .

I haven't seen Petshop of Horrors yet but I've read some of the manga.

Chas
11-13-2002, 11:16 PM
Uugh, yer damn right Hamutaro is the scariest... o.O;;

Anyway, BoogiePop Phantom is pretty creepy. ^_^; I somewhat enjoyed I think... ONE episode out of the whole series. Other than that, it wasn't all that hot. ::shrugs:: What episode was it that I liked? ... Oh yeah! That one with the hentai no baka and his obsessive video game. ::Is now thinking of Ilpallazzo-Sama:: X3

Ooh, and PetShop of Horrors is good. Especially for just a four episode OVA. Subbed, or dubbed, really. They're both good. Just for those who don't know it's about this police officer trying to get the inside scoop on this crossdressing petshop owner named Count D. (Who is a very adorable bishie-man with a sweet tooth-Nyan Nyan!) All the pets that he sells; their owners have some sort of bad luck or accident because they don't follow any of the rules that Count D gives them. ^^

LOL, it's like my 11 year old sister's favorite Anime.

~Chas Tsukishiro

Yggdrasil Pie
11-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Petshop of Horrors....I wanted to watch that for the longest time now... But Hamtaro? OMG....Hamsters! ^^

Lovelyangel_81
11-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Shippo87
Isn't Wicked City the adult's only thing? *read a review*I'm curious about Petshop of Horrors.. Looks kinda interesting..

Another scary one: Speed Racer O_O'..

Yea...it's funny though....when I buy Wicked City years back....I buy it because the cover look interest and from what I read on the back of the video cover the story did sound pretty good to me.

......but when I begin watching it...I was like holy sh*t....What the hell did I just brought!? It is out there and beyond. :thumbsup:

...Now I only watch it when I am extremely bored. ^__^

nekochan
11-14-2002, 08:44 PM
DEFINITELY KITE!! the most evilistic anime probably ever created. who would think up an anime where a little girl hides a gun in her lunchbox that launches bullets that people look at then implode?? scary!

TsukiGuujin
12-29-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Demented Otaku
Perfect Blue... and Petshop of Horrors.

Oh, the Petshop of Horrors MANGA is really freaky!! It's one of the most disturbing out there...at least parts of it are!

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

nekochan
12-29-2002, 01:41 AM
hm.. i've just seen the cover for "Dog Warriors".. and i'm scared to death right now...

dianannsano
12-29-2002, 01:48 AM
Let's see... Wicked City scared me because it was just..... umm... I don't know how to describe it...

Plus, I'm Gonna Be an Angel and 'Something' Snow Fairie (Forgot what it was called) scared the heck outta me because they were too, too, too cute.... Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Sakura
12-29-2002, 01:56 AM
Perfect Blue and Boogiepop Phantom x_x I'm easily scared.

BlackDelo
12-29-2002, 02:48 AM
SiN. Its more of a trip than it is scary. Especially when you're on La Mota.

Galaxia
12-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Some parts of Eva scared me.....

RoseDuelist
12-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Hellsing is pretty scary in a dark gloomy sort of way... pretty gory too..
I haven't seen it yet, but I bet the Ring in Anime form is pretty scary too. I know its a manga and I'm not sure if it is an anime, but the way popular manga's go I doubt it isn't.. ^_^

ryuichi fangirl
12-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mink
Ditto Perfect Blue.

Ahh!! The scary puppet/ clown guy...what was his name !?..Scariest thing I've ever seen....* shudders*

TsukiGuujin
12-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ryuichi fangirl
Ahh!! The scary puppet/ clown guy...what was his name !?..Scariest thing I've ever seen....* shudders*

Kuruku, I believe. YES, so SCARY!! O.O;;

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

officer_fujita
12-29-2002, 11:30 PM
Mermaid Scar *brrr*

hana_wana_sushi
04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
ug!!! i lov watching sacry anime but i still get crweeped out!!!

ghost hunt *"dead people!!! XD" pokes a dead persom and smiles*
perfect blue *"0.0 and this is y i hate blue cuz of this name" shivers*
hamtaro *"so fat so fluffy...." curls up in a ball*
petshop of horrors *"i am never EVER going into a petshop again" backs away from a petshop*
noein~"never watched it but seems fun and scary!!! YAY!!!"[/COLOR]

Bagu
04-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I didn't think Perfect Blue was all that scary. If you're a big fan of the Alfred Hitchcock movies it related quite well. Its quite suspenseful, but masterful of how it plays on your mind a bit ;).

There are plenty of anime series that employ of lot of bloodletting in there. Bones Animation does quite a bit (which is why most of their animes are late at night on TV) I think we in the US don't see too much of it because our television ratings system, but I'd watch some of Japan's horror movies (like the original japanese versions of "The Eye" or "Dark Water") to get me scared.

The Japanese really know how to scare the crap out of you without resorting to blood and gore. :)

RevGirl
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I also think Perfect Blue was more intriguing than scary. The most disturbing and frightening anime I think I've seen was a hentai that I was tricked into watching >_< (I just started watching anime and I was with my friend and her older guy friends and THEY got to choose the anime). Ick.

I think if I was watching Hellsing Ultimate all by myself I'd get a bit tense, the violence quotient went way up from the original series.

Come to think of it that movie with the little kids playing hide and seek with the masks on was kinda creepy...

Bagu
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Come to think of it that movie with the little kids playing hide and seek with the masks on was kinda creepy...

Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek. Agreed. Excellent choice :)

animesk8rgirl
04-09-2007, 05:19 PM
For it's X(the movie)b/c it's the most gruesome anime I've seen to date.And some parts in Blood Plus freak me out.