PDA

View Full Version : I've wondered this...

CorporatePuppet
07-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I've alway wondered this...

If Near and Mello (include Matt and L) lived at Wammys whilst growing up, why don't they have accents? like you'd think they'd have some sort of accent but nope...

oh yeah and why didn't obata include BB in the anime, he was only mentioned that's all and then was writen in Another Note. I feel like he was left out =-=

poor BB, poor crazy jam induced BB...

Jabberwack
07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I suppose when they don't have accents is because they're too super intellegent to need one....XD that's not a good answer. Maybe when they were raised from a young are they were bilangual....or the every-language-al. XD
BB wasn't included in the anime because he wasn't required in the plot, and his entire existance is in Another Note, and "technically" not part of the standard Death Note series. Also, Another Note, being a novel, is written in a different manner than a manga, meaning the climaxes happen at different times, and the sotry has a differnet flow. Another Note is supposed to be pure mystery, and having BB previously in the series would just ruin it. I dunno about other people, but I consider Another Note to be fanfiction written by the author (if that makes sense) and yeah....BB is awesome. I love him. When reading Another Note, I must've gone through about 10 jars of strawberry jam, and my hands were like stained red from eating it out of the jar....
That was me trying to give an intellegent answer. Watch me fail!

SparklyCosplay
07-18-2012, 01:51 AM
I've wondered that, too. I think the reason they don't have accents is because...Well, people usually just don't give characters appropriate accents in anime. It really annoys me. Like in Tiger & Bunny, a big part of Kotetsu's character is that he CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH RIGHT, and they gave him NO ACCENT WHATSOEVER in the English dub. I mean, come on, it can't be that hard to hire someone that can do an accent. And even if it is, it would totally be worth it!
Sorry for my ranting...
...And I don't know about the Beyond Birthday thing...

CorporatePuppet
07-18-2012, 08:17 AM
SparklyCosplay : yeah it also bothers me that in anime's charcters don't have the right accents or so, the only anime I've watched and (in my view) got everything right was Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji.

and Jabberwack ...

yeah me too, whilst reading Another Note I began to have a weird craving for jam and not just any jam, strawberry jam. I let my friend borrow it and she also begain to eat jam and for some weird reason she treats the book like a bible (she's crazy!)...that book changes people O-O.

you gave a pretty intellegent response, I understood it ^-^

yeah maybe they were taught to be bilingual , since not alot of information was given about Wammys only that it's a orphanage for special kids.

If Wammys was an orphanage why didn't Mello,Near or Matt ever get adopted? I'm pretty sure Near would of got adopted since he basically looks 8 years old and adorable.

Jabberwack
07-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I would adopt Near Mello and Matt in a heartbeat.
Now, I'm pretty much going off of what I remember from the manga, my volume of Another Note, and D.n.D Poisoned (the best place to get info is OBVIOUSLY a Death Note yaoi game...obviously) but I think the entire point of the Wammy's orphanage was to raise children that would be smart enoguh to replace L. Why they had multiple orphans? To add competition? Maybe because Wammy is just a nice guy and likes helping orphans? I dunno. I suppose they wouldn't let their three best students get adopted. Maybe after they figured out who the next L would be, they would get those kids adopted, but Mello had his adorable little fit and Matt followed.

CorporatePuppet
07-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Mello was cute when he was at Wammys ^-^ but then....became all pleathery 0-0

Yay for yaoi games ^-^ alas I can't play it cos I'm undered the required age for download =_=