PDA

View Full Version : Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future

Catboi Blues
02-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Here's going back to old school roots. Captain power was one of my favorite series when I was a kid and I just got back into it recently due to a book sale(long story). It was a good story with cg that was ahead of its time, a good writing staff, good costumes and very good acting(especially for the 80s). I'd like to get a group together sometime this year and see if we can get people to remember the glories of old(I am so overdramatizing this). Actually Captain Power helped lay groundwork for several of the individuals that worked on it as later on they went on to create Babylon 5. But serious, who out there remembers the series and would be interested in bringing some of these old characters back to light?

Sarcasm-hime
02-09-2004, 01:38 PM
I have fond memories of Captain Power...but not really interested in doing costumes from it. *shrug*

Garuda_Aiacos
02-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I remember them! :D Was jumping up and down when I discovered the websites on this series when I first go online, the best being the formerly named "Eden II (http://www.captainpower.com/)". Hasn't been on the ML for a year unfortunately. :lost:

Anyhow, I did say I want to do either of the member's uniform or my own (a "new" member of the team tho' she don't have a battle armor like the rest) on day when I first ventured into Cosplaying (before, I do nothing else but SW Costuming). But some things just have to take main priority now.

Hmm, one of the members of the CP ML had won the armor of the Footsoldier (Sheesh! I forget their name! :waaaah: ). Wonder if he had won it to any conventions yet.

Catboi Blues
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Thank you so much for that link. Through this I might be on the way to having Captain Power on DVD. Now I'll finally have the reference material that I need to make my costumes. Thanks again.