PDA

View Full Version : Black Mage Yuna

SaiyenGirl
02-09-2004, 09:53 PM
I finally got up the nerves to send my baby to the wolves. I've been wondering a long time what other people thought of it, so here it is.
A note on the costume, I am not happy with the sleeves (they're too short) so they will be redone sometime this spring. The shoes are also getting some thicker silver ribboning on the edges since you can't see it well enough from far away.
Also, please make sure you see the right hat, I remade it a few weeks after Otakon so there are only a few pictures of it, but enough that you can see it. The staff is also part of the costume, though it's not in many pictures, since again, it was something I did after going to Otakon.
This is the best picture of have of the full costume so far:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92257&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
This is the best picture of the front of the costume, minus the hat which is plain fugly:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=75847&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
The hat:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92255&password=&sort=1&cat=5926&page=1
And the Nirvana staff:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92251&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=
There are more pictures there, so have a look around.
*reference image is attached*

Hanyaan
02-09-2004, 10:45 PM
I like your second hat a LOT better. And your staff is the best Black Mage Yuna staff I've seen yet. *luvs the staff*

You're right about the sleeves, they need to be longer.

I like your choice of materials; they're all the appropriate glossiness or lack thereof, and almost perfect colors.

VERY good job tailoring the costume to fit you well.

Iron it before you wear it again; it looked a bit wrinkled.

Seraphims
02-09-2004, 11:13 PM
your right about the hat and the sleeves. I think the pink fabric should have been a lot stiffer. I'd like to see the pictures after you redo the sleeves

Aer
02-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you have a good idea on what needs to be improved. The second hat really is a lot nicer, and the sleeves do need to be longer.

But I just gotta say, that staff is really beautiful!

Sala
02-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Yep - the sleeves and the hat were the only things I noticed. Please post more photos once you re-do them to your liking. That staff is AMAZING!

SaiyenGirl
02-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks ^-^. If you know Amythest Angel who's on this site, she made and sold a nirvana staff top that looks exactly the one I did. She was nice enough to allow me to "copy" off her ideas for it, hence why they look alike and all the credit really goes to her.
I'm so glad that it's well received. I'm gunna get working on the sleeves around spring and I'll be sure to post pics as soon as they're done.

Susumari
02-12-2004, 04:52 PM
looks really awesome! great work and effort you did! pulled it of great!

projectanime
02-14-2004, 10:34 PM
You did such a good job in that ^-^ The staff is indeed amazing, but my favorite are the shoes, so cute!

sheepsarai
03-02-2004, 10:44 PM
That looks soo good. Im doing black mage Rikku and i hope mine comes out as good and as tailored as yours has!

Saria
03-04-2004, 06:28 AM
Wowwww! ^__^ That ish really, awesome. I love how you did the staff-thingie. -Forgot what it was called.- ><;; Black mage ish one of my favorites, lol.

Atrista
03-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Wow, what a great job, esp. on the shoes, hat, and staff. I am trying to construct the blackmage costume as well and have a few questions... that is, if you don't mind sharing your costuming tips, I'd very much appreciate it. Once again, great job pulling off a rare costume well.

sheepsarai
03-12-2004, 10:10 PM
do you mind if i ask how you did ur shoes? they look so awesome and they're currently the only thing im stumped on! I'd really appreciate some tips heh. thanks!

SharinganTanaka
02-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh dear, I haven't even started on my costume yet! -_- The fact that most pictures I can find are all from the same side... kinda make it diffucult for me too design the whole outfit. Though the pics I can find from cosplayers are a great help.

The staff will be the trickiest I think...

Moonlit_Rose
02-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree with most people here. ^_^

The staff is so spiff! Wonderfully done! Even if you did look at someone elses as a reference, it still was done beautifuly! Nicely caved.. o_o So.. spiff..

The sleeves do need to be longer, but you already caught that. The colors are nicely chosen! ^^ I love your costume, you look great.

dragulinainvers
02-24-2005, 05:15 PM
I do too...I really love it though. And the staff is soooo awesome, and the hat is sooo cool too ^^;; i think pretty much everyone summed it up well ^^

FarplaneAbyss
02-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Nice Job ^^.

SharinganTanaka
03-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Argh!!!! It's so difficult to find a pic of Yuna's Blcak Mage back and front! All I can find is the official side pic...

*grumbles*

Guess I have to make my bro play the game and then draw the outfit as he plays...