PDA

View Full Version : .....Hello...

akaishi
02-09-2004, 10:25 PM
First Post here..... was wanting to ask a question. I went to Animazement '99 and '00, and in 99 i dressed up as Gohan (Piccolo Style). Well this year I am going to actually go and try another costume. I want to go with the Naruto theme. Being the Genin/Chuunin Ninja and forehead protector and what not. But, I want to sorta make my own character? How is this handled by other people. To stick to a theme, but to alter it? Is it looked down or upon? I know this does'nt fit here in this sub forum. But its the only place i feel welcome. And, I dunno, this is a long shot. But last time I knew this girl named Carolina. She was cute and all. Never met her though. Anyone happen to know her by chance? Hopefully she will remember who i am..... thanks all.

Farmboybob
02-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Hmm, semi-original costume you say? From my experiances I must say it is definatly NOT looked down on. You may have to say over and over again that it's your own idea when they(photographers) ask who you are to take pics and such. But other than that nobody really has any problem with it as far as I can tell. In fact, some people may like it more that way.

Oh and incase you wanted to get in contact with Carolina (I think we are thinking about the same person) she goes here as RealizeDOP.

One more thing, I really like that gif in your sig. 2nd intro is the best! :D

DDR Faery Spice
02-23-2004, 05:35 PM
like the bob said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a concept and running with it. I've done the same thing, basically, for my DDR Faery character/cosplay. There technically isn't such a thing in the DDR universe, but nobody's complained to me. It could be the costume, mind, but it's generally not a problem at a con as small as AZ. But hey, there are always exceptions. I guess what I'm trying to say is go for it! Ganbatte! :3

-=Faust_VIII=-
02-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I think it's cool to make your own character since I've done it bunches of times.. It makes you different from the mainstream so I'd say go ahead with your idea.. >_> I've got your back! *shifty eyes*