PDA

View Full Version : X-men Comic Cosplay Ideas?

Aqueoua
07-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey there,

I know the trend is more towards anime and video games for cosplay, but I have seen quite a few DC characters that are so excellently done (Robin, Raven, Starfire, Nightwing, Huntress, Catwoman, etc.) And also some good Marvel cosplays as well.

I am a bit experienced in that I have made my own Psylocke and Sage costumes for Halloweens past. But my question is about creating a costume for my boyfriend.

I am thinking of creating a Cannonball cosplay for him, but have questions about body armor and jackets with armor panels. Has anyone tackled this sort of thing before?

Has anyone been successful with adapting elbow pads and kneepads into armor? What do you use? Cardboard or something else? What kind of boots or shoes would be good for this sort of thing?

Painting pleather -- do you use fabric paint or do you sew own panels instead? Going for the yellow and black leather jacket look.

Also trying to find a way to represent Cannonball's flight trail, since he's essentially "blasting off" from his legs. Like the bottom of a rocket.

Any help or advice would be incredibly appreciated!