PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

xAlexanderR
07-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi,

I've never cosplay before, so I'm sort of lost in preparing to do so. For next year anime expo I want to dress up as Akihiko from the Persona 3. I'm going with the Persona 4 Arena style.

http://harusuki3.sakura.ne.jp/sblo_files/harusuki2/image/111125-91.jpg

The hard time I have is trying to find the boots and cape, and suggestions? And if there's anything else suggested please add so please. Hope to hears from you all.

Many thanks!

seiryuux
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Boots:
There's a tutorial on how to make boot covers in the Construction section, but I don't know if it covers something like this. If you would rather buy, then look into either pro wrestling boots or knee high Converse All Star shoes.

Cape:
I'd check out your local fabric store and make your own. The only other suggestion would require buying a cheap set of curtains.

xAlexanderR
08-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Thank you for the tips.

For the boots I'm thinking I should buy the high top chucks, but the problem is I can't find any red ones, and that there are only black ones. Do you think it will look bad if I paint it? Also, would there be any tips in coloring shoes.

As for the cape, I kind of have the idea. I'm pretty much going to buy some mattress (or now curtains). I also will pretty much cut off the hood to a sweater I don't use to make the hoodie better. So the same question will be. will it looks bad if I paint them both because for sure the hoodie wont be red.

seiryuux
08-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I've been working on painting a whole jacket right now and I really REALLY don't recommend it. Paint just stiffens the fabric, a lot of coatings will be needed to ensure even distribution and the costs will be pretty high in the end.

That said, if you can find a white pair for knee high Chuck Taylors (and I know there are white ones), you could possibly dye them red, provided that the material is denim, which is pure cotton last time I checked.

I also don't recommend cannibalizing a hoodie and adding it to curtains, not unless you can find them in the exact same shade of burgundy. You can either look for a hooded cape on eBay and pay a fairly hefty price, or again best yet, buy fabric from a fabric store and make it from scratch.