PDA

View Full Version : Critique on my Self-timed Photos

Neelh
07-29-2012, 09:34 AM
This is all casual; I'm putting them here for critique on my editing and/or angles.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/211/5/e/shiningray___going_home_by_333hf333-d5957dx.jpg
Please, no comments on my butt. Or the radiator.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/194/6/b/shiningray_by_333hf333-d573gbb.jpg
I prefer this one for obvious reasons.

brucer007
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't know the character to understand if there is a reason for extreme over-exposures, causing part of your arm and your wig to disappear, etc. There is not much to see, other than a wig on a body.

Neelh
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Okay~! I'll try and get someone else to take my picture. I didn't overexpose it, I editied it out.

I was really aiming for melancholic. I guess it works better with the right music.

gypsy_girl
01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I've done a lot of self-timed photos. Take a look at my gallery. Unless I specify who took the picture they are ALL self-timed photos. It can be done. You need to really think about what you want to do and be prepared for a lot of bad pictures to get a few good ones. I 'mastered' this one summer when it was too hot to go outside.

It can be a cool way of getting pictures if you don't have a friend who is a good photographer or if all your friends want to be in the shot.

My best advise is to experiment a lot. This will give you a better understanding of your angles (I would never stand that close to the camera in a full skirt like that) and you'll know what your camera can do. Play around with the settings on your camera.

aznsp3c
02-02-2013, 02:01 AM
If melancholy is what you're going for, then I'd for something more softer--like making it more gray as if you're looking at a rainshower. Cliche I know whoops. But a definite look on your face would be good being we don't even see the shape of your face to begin with :\

Overexposure gives a more ethereal or an uncertainty.