PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Dates?

Michi
02-13-2004, 02:50 AM
[edit] ANNOUNCED! ^_^

[original post] I know they aren't even on the site yet, but how about... When were the 2003 dates announced? I'm just curious as to when I can expect to know. ^_^; Because of a big move this year, I really want to make sure I know what my con plans are way in advance. x_x

Michi
02-18-2004, 02:59 AM
YAY for answering my own question! The website has been updated (in fact it was later the same day I posted this thread ~_~) and the dates are October 29-31, 2004. The location has apparently changed to South San Francisco, which is sad because I liked last year's hotel. ;_;

So this forum's info can be updated now. ^^

positivespace
02-18-2004, 03:32 AM
South San Francisco will be a lot cheaper than a hotel in downtown SF... plus having the con coincide with Halloween probably meant they HAD to move the con out of SF 'cause of all the activity (read: The Castro) that happens in the city that night.

Thanks for the update!

Eurobeat King
02-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Wow.. That IS pretty late in October to hold Yaoicon, and just as my luck this year has a few cons one weekend after the other: A-kon follows Fanime, and Otakon follows SDCC, and now for the fall I have Yaoicon on Halloween weekend followed by Nekocon the weekend after!! :thumbsup: *sigh* Well, thankfully Y-con is still local for me, and so that means that I have 4 days after Yaoicon to get all those pics posted before flying off to Nekocon..

And since this year Y-con's on Halloween weekend, I guess that means the annual trip out to the Winchester Mystery House & Milpitas Golf Land will not happen this year. Ah, well.. that just means a fun-weekend of ghouls, ghosts, and yaoi all into one convention. heehee

Michi
02-18-2004, 05:36 AM
Haha I JUST realized that it was on Halloween weekend. I'm not slow, just hyper. Yes.

Well, last year's was the weekend before .. So it's not too weird. ^^

..^^; I still dunno if I'll be attending, actually.

mochihead
02-18-2004, 03:29 PM
WHAT?!!!!! ARGH!

Ok, this means some serious revamping in plans. I have to seriously get my butt moved out to Cali so that I can attend Ani-Magic AND Yaoi, or miss this one AGAIN this year. >.<

Michi
02-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to fly in for both of those since I'll be out of the country by then. ^_^; I may just not go to Yaoi. ._.;

Karisu-sama
02-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, that just FREAKIN' SUCKS ROCKS. (And it's not about Halloween, either.)

My husband and I are scheduled (as we are every year) to perform in the annual public Spiral Dance in San Francisco, which this year is being held on the 30th. I can't back out of it because it's the 25th anniversary of the event as well.

Meantime, I have a bunch of East Coast friends expecting to fly West and room with us at Y-con...

Yeah, I'll probably be asked to crossplay in my theatrical dance role again. So - because I'm conveniently dressed for either occasion, what: - run from Y-con for most of the con's biggest programming day to another San Francisco location, then run back TO Y-con late Saturday night???

Maybe Spiral Dance could stand to lose one dancer / drummer / chorus member, but they NEED my hubby, who is the only didjeridu player... >.<

:mad: :sulk: :angry: :fuming:

Eurobeat King
02-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Michi: Where are you moving to come October? (out of the country?)

Karisu-sama: Hopefully you'll be able to make it to Y-con as well as your other festival. At least you'll be able to make it for 2/3 days, but Saturday is when all the people show up and the yaoi-fest really gets into action with the bishy-auction n' shtuff... ;) You still have plenty o' time to decide.

Mochi: Animagic & Yaoicon are about a full-month apart, with AniM at the beginning and Y-con to close out October, so I hope you can make it to both, since you've yet to experience the fun that is Yaoicon! :D

I just wonder WHICH hotel they'll plan to have it at in South San Francisco.. The only ones I can think of are close to the airport, although SSF DOES have a convention center which is located off of I-101. Hmmm..

Michi
02-20-2004, 02:49 AM
I might be moving to Canada around August. @_@ It's not finalized yet, but if I really do go, it'll be really hard to make both Ani-Magic & YaoiCon.. x_X Especially after some crazy con plans I've got earlier in the year. ^^;

ACXchan
02-23-2004, 03:40 AM
The year they decide to move Yaoi Con closer to where I live is the year I decide to transfer back to Los Angeles, what the hell man @_@ No big deal really, I'm all for driving to SF for Yaoi Con... *and* Halloween which I think is real sweet. I already see Halloween-themed cosplay on the horizon XD

domestik
02-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Hmm... I think I'll be saving up a lot for Yaoi Con. @_@; *doujinshi and other wonderful merchandise shopping spree* I have a slew of cosplay ideas I'd like to do for the convention. *happy grin* I can't wait to go! First year going and all that. ^__^

I hope I can drag my friends along with me since it doesn't seem like any of my regular con-attending friends will be able to attend. x.o

Michi: Hope to see you there. ;.;

KimikoChan
02-28-2004, 03:04 PM
w00t! South City, my old hometown. That will be cool and not so crazy like the city and NOT crazy on the parking either ;)

Nothing has been set in stone yet, but I am looking forward to attending and am glad it's not so close to AM. And if I do go, I probably won't go on Sunday since it's halloween, and I'll be taking my kids trick or treating and all that good stuff :D

Kenshin Ken
03-02-2004, 01:28 AM
South city eh? Don't think I've ever ventured inthat area except for say... Serrimonte or some odd shopping deals that my aunt drags me to ^^; (mainly for a strong arm to carry the stuff she buys) ^^;;

avagoyle
03-04-2004, 05:20 PM
They had to move the dates because of the hotel. :/ Due to the nature of Yaoi-con, it is hard to find hotels so when they can find a good hotel, they like to stick with it. Register your complaints anyway, and the con director will look into finding a different one next year.

Eurobeat King
03-07-2004, 01:32 PM
At AnimeOverDose this past weekend, Yaoicon had a table promoting the con in 2004, (thanks to Isis for stopping me to chat *hug*, and I did see your booth, but Mr. busy-photographer here was running around taking cosplayer pictures & running a booth at once, so my friend Alma (ayonoi) visited the table more often and told me the 4-1-1.) :) They had more information regarding the con, mainly announcing the hotel that'll host it, which is the news I've been waiting to hear. :bigtu:

It'll be at the Westin at the SF International Airport, so that'll make it easier for those coming from out of CA, since you won't have far to go! ;) (5 minute shuttle ride their website says) And I'm still glad it's being held OUTSIDE of San Francisco on Halloween.

Now that I think about it, Yaoicon-Sunday is the last day, and by the mid-afternoon the con should be over *sniff* and since I'm not working on Halloween Sunday, I MIGHT decide to head over to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose and have the annual-Halloween-cosplay-photoshoot! :D (there'll be a seperate thread for that as we get closer to Halloween) Since I will be bringing Ryosuke Takahashi & the RX-7 FC3S to Yaoicon 2004, :skidude2: I might as well have fun drifting the car in the Winchester Mystery House gardens this year. heehee

Moon Prince
03-07-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm going to finally try to make it this year...

Hmmm sounds like the van in is order for Ani-Magic.... eheh.

CapsuleCorp
03-07-2004, 09:01 PM
aw DAMN! I finally have the vacation days and was thinking about going, but not if it's Halloween - my best friend is getting married on Halloween. I certainly can't miss that for the sake of a little yaoi...

And I was so hoping! *whine*

Shin-1chi
03-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I'll be there ... and hopefully I can help with Auction instead of just participating in it.

Psychotic Jei
04-02-2004, 02:28 AM
=O ACCCCX you never told me you were coming back down here. We can commute to Y-con together...!

ACXchan
04-02-2004, 11:25 PM
LOL Jei yes we could XD And then swing around to the Castro for some Halloween partying oh ho ho ho ho ho ho.

Sixshot
04-29-2004, 01:10 AM
They had to move the dates because of the hotel. :/ Due to the nature of Yaoi-con, it is hard to find hotels so when they can find a good hotel, they like to stick with it. Register your complaints anyway, and the con director will look into finding a different one next year.

It's also partially because of space issues. Despite the wonderfull location of downtown Sanfransisco, it's become obvious that Yaoi-con is growing quickly, not to mention that with each year there are more people who can attend. The AMV contest was overpacked last year, it was a shame but I had to suggest that we turn people away because we were allready blatantly violating fire codes, thank the Lord no one noticed that :thumbsup:

As for the date, yeah, it's awkward for me because it's no longer during my Fall Break in college and I'm all the way in Tennessee, however, being staff and all if I don't go the AMV contest is going to hell since I have all the videos and equipment. So I'm working my way there one way or the other.

Karisu-sama
05-01-2004, 01:34 AM
I honestly hope Yaoi-con doesn't grow too big, or it will lose the really nice friendly intimate ambiance it's had so far. :( IMO, that would rather suck. :(

Dany
05-01-2004, 02:01 AM
I call "We'll see" on this. There are some people who have gone to this that I know, and I might call upon them to be my guide.

Incidentally, YaoiCon was a "rough date" I set as the earliest Lotor might be ready for public consumption. *shiftyeyed*

Michi
05-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Well it looks like I'm going. I think. XD; At least, much more sure than it was before. Yeah. Woooo.