PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need insane amounts of money very quickly!

aeva
11-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Aeva just took a peek in her piggybank, and she just happens to be rather..... broke. I need a whoel bunch of cash for the wigs I'm ordering, and I was wondering if you have any get-rich-quickc plans that actually WORK. [aka I need $70 in 2 days]

I don't have much to sell besides an artbook and a few videos, and I wouldn't even get the money in time ;.;

HELP!! ;______;

aeva
11-11-2002, 11:54 AM
. And prostitution is NOT an option. >.<

Sami
11-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh my... is bank robbing an option? >_< Or extreme groveling?

Haha, actually when I was 14, I needed money REALLY bad so I went and collected all the spare change from around the house and put it in rolls.. I came out with $60!! Hot damn! :D So that would be an option.. we stored all our loose change in old juice jars and stuff.

Ranma Saotome
11-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by aeva
. And prostitution is NOT an option. >.<

*holds finger with an idea, but then quickly shuts up*

aeva
11-11-2002, 12:09 PM
*holds finger with an idea, but then quickly shuts up*

Oh, hush you. =p ::shakes finger at:: You naughty boy.

Ranma Saotome
11-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by aeva
Oh, hush you. =p ::shakes finger at:: You naughty boy.

Yeah... So? :D It gets me through the days. ;)

Oshi
11-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Get a job at a restaurant, bussing or something. On a good night you can usually score at least $40 cash... yknow, paid in tips...

Hungryjack
11-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Yeah... So? :D It gets me through the days. ;)

Prostitution does?

On a serious note, when I was in college, a bunch of my friends and I did medical research. I'll probably find out I'm sterile, but the money was great! $450 to take pills for a week and $4000 for a hospital study.

Ranma Saotome
11-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Hungryjack
Prostitution does?

Nope, the act of what causes prostitution. :D

Celine
11-11-2002, 04:10 PM
The colleges in my area are always looking for research participants- usually the psychology and medical departments. You could always look and see what's possible in that are. ^^

Kenshin Ken
11-11-2002, 04:22 PM
*chuckles8

Man if oyu lived here in San Francisco, you'll jsut need to flip through the Bay Gaurdian or the SF Weekly ( both of em are free newspapers)

^^;; you can do a multituide of thigns from getting paid for smoking pot to doinating some " quality time" ^^;;

KuroBara
11-11-2002, 05:58 PM
>On a serious note, when I was in college, a bunch of my friends and I did medical research. I'll probably find out I'm sterile, but the money was great! $450 to take pills for a week and $4000 for a hospital study.

*turns off light*
Watches Hungrjack glow. Oooh...shiny...

aeva
11-11-2002, 06:10 PM
These suggestions sound really good, but I need to send out this cash by Thursday, and I am sans-driver's liscence. Therefore, i'd hav eto say that... I can't do any of them. ;__________; also can't get a job because of my pathetic devotion to the play. [aka I'm at school until 10:00 every night... to-day I got off for a doctor's appointment, where I am sitting and typing at the moment]

Hungryjack
11-11-2002, 06:34 PM
If you were local, I'd spot you the cash... It's just $70 and you seem to really need it.

Babbit_Chan
11-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Perhaps you could bug the neighbors about doing jobs for them? I dunno...

Umi
11-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Well if you're really strapped and don't mind some prodding (i could have used another word but I can't help myself =P) you could always sell an egg or two. If you're of college age your of prime age. My college newspaper constantly has those adds and it pays quite well too. Tho' I'd be wary of the details and stuff, research it well if you seriously consider this.

*would never do it herself personally*

Kenshin Ken
11-12-2002, 12:52 AM
*pat pat* the things you could do with Paypal ^^;;

Ayaka
11-12-2002, 01:07 AM
Aeva, do you have any old CDs or games? You could take them to a used music store. Cash on the spot. There's a chain here called Music Recyclery.

Or maybe - Have your parents hire you to do some chores. Make dinner one night, vacuum, clean out closets, whatever.

avagoyle
11-12-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Umi
Well if you're really strapped and don't mind some prodding (i could have used another word but I can't help myself =P) you could always sell an egg or two. If you're of college age your of prime age. My college newspaper constantly has those adds and it pays quite well too. Tho' I'd be wary of the details and stuff, research it well if you seriously consider this.

*would never do it herself personally*

unfortunately, the restriction on this are really high. they prefer blond, well-educated, model 6 females with a near perfect health record. otherwise they only give you about a few hundred if anything, and for the amount of pain and hospital time involved, it's not worth it.

however, if you can deal with pain and can't give an egg, you can sell plasma. i've heard it hurts like a biatch though.

Tea-chan
11-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Ahem. To those of you suggesting selling eggs, the process is absurdly, ABSURDLY long and difficult. It's more painful than a menstrual cycle. I read up on it once because I was bored. XD

ANYWAY , I wouldn't let Aeva-chan do anything to her body. Nevernever. ;_; *clings protectively*

Umi
11-12-2002, 12:08 PM
Yeah not like I would recommend it. I dunno why it was the first thing that popped into my mind. And I just remembered aeva is pretty young so sorry I suggested it anyway. *wonders if anyone will forgive her*

and then i felt like a totaly doofus when someone sanely suggested selling old CDs. Or then again, maybe aeva can put of getting her wigs for a while until she's able to find a nice little job or there's always that money from relatives that seems to pop up near the holidays.

Oh I forgot to add... I just assumed that if she was of college-age she'd be of the right maturity level to make an informed choice. Man... hope people don't think i'm evil incarnate or something *crawls into a hole*

Babbit_Chan
11-12-2002, 01:29 PM
Selling eggs is an actual method of money-making aside from farmers and grocers? Where have I been...

Selling old stuff would help ^^

aeva
11-12-2002, 07:06 PM
unfortunately, the restriction on this are really high. they prefer blond, well-educated, model 6 females with a near perfect health record. otherwise they only give you about a few hundred if anything, and for the amount of pain and hospital time involved, it's not worth it.

however, if you can deal with pain and can't give an egg, you can sell plasma. i've heard it hurts like a biatch though.

Then I'd never be able to do it. Because I was adopted, I have no record of my genetic background [or anything about my family. I don't even know if they wore glasses]. So.. yeah. That would workd. And I HATE pain. ;_________;

ANYWAY , I wouldn't let Aeva-chan do anything to her body. Nevernever. ;_; *clings protectively*
Thank yoooouuuuu. ;__________; ::clings back:: Wuv.

Aeva, do you have any old CDs or games? You could take them to a used music store. Cash on the spot. There's a chain here called Music Recyclery.
I think I might try that. I'm also going to bring some old anime videos to Anime Club on Thursday... see if anyone wants them. XD

Sakura
11-12-2002, 10:21 PM
One time my friends and I sat outside the main grocery store in my town and we danced like monkeys with a basket for donations. We mostly got pointed and laughed at but it was worth it because we wanted to buy lots of pocky.

Ranma Saotome
11-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Sakura
One time my friends and I sat outside the main grocery store in my town and we danced like monkeys with a basket for donations. We mostly got pointed and laughed at but it was worth it because we wanted to buy lots of pocky.

Next time you do that, lemme know,I'll try to get my entire anime club up there to help you. :D

aeva
11-13-2002, 06:40 AM

::brags basket:: Starbucks, here I come! >3