PDA

View Full Version : Favorite video games? >3

Tea-chan
11-11-2002, 11:54 AM
>3 First post. I think.

Anyway. what're you all working on, what're your favorites?

Rosiel
11-11-2002, 12:05 PM
At the moment my life (or lack thereof) can be summed up with two words: SUIKODEN III.

As for my favorites, the Suikoden series, and FFVI.

KaineMaxwell
11-11-2002, 12:08 PM
The Final Fantasy series, VGTA: Vice City to name a few offhand...

Cassandra
11-11-2002, 12:08 PM
hmm....well, my husband and I are playing Animal Crossing :D Love that game!

Lunar falls under my favorites category....I love Shenmue as well! (Just gotta get Shenmue II..) Beach Spikers looks like a fruity game but it's really awesome if you have three other people to play with!

Studmaster
11-11-2002, 12:11 PM
My Top 10, in no short order are.

Skies of Arcadia
Final Fantasy VI
Super Mario Bros 3
Mega Man 3
Dragon Force
Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
Raidant Silvergun
Final Fantasy IV
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Sakura Taisen 2

psythe
11-11-2002, 12:13 PM
XenoGears followed by Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 7

haru
11-11-2002, 12:16 PM
too many!
final fantasy series, chrono cross, xeno series, lodragoon, star ocean...tales series, grandia series, wild arm, thousand arm, klonoa, gt series..

Oshi
11-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Sonic 3 and Knuckles. YES! *highfive*
And aside from that, FF8, Smash Bros Melee, SA2, FFX, and of course, DDR.

Sirami
11-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Favorite? It's difficult:

1) Tekken (which ever is the newest one)
2) Warcraft/Starcraft (which ever is the newest)
3) Half-Life (DoD is my favorite mod)
4) Unreal Tournament (Simply has the best unmodded gameplay)
5) Tony Hawk Pro Skater (which ever is the newest)
6) GTA (which ever is the newest)
7) Final Fantasy Series (all are going to be a part of me forever)
8) Super Smash Brothers Melee (a great party game)

I can't go to ten. Sorry.

Studmaster
11-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
YES! *highfive*

Hell, it's the best Sonic game ever, tied with Sonic CD.

Rey-Rey
11-11-2002, 12:56 PM
*LOL* I remember making a Top 20 list of all-time. Nothing's really changed since I made this list last year.

1. STREET FIGHTER II TURBO (MULTI): Not SUPER. TURBO.
2. TONY HAWK PRO SKATER 2 (MULTI): 3 was the most refined game but 2 was the biggest groundbreaker.
3. SUPER MARIO BROS. (NES/S-NES)
4. SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 (NES/S-NES)
5. MIKE TYSON'S PUNCH-OUT!!! (NES)
6. SUPER MARIO 64 (N64): I'm a MARIO whore.
7. SKATE OR DIE 2 (NES)
8. THUNDER FORCE III (GEN)
9. STREETS OF RAGE 2 (NES)
10. TETRIS (MULTI)
11. FINAL FANTASY VI (S-NES/PS)
12. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (GEN)
13. MEGA MAN 2 (NES)
14. METAL GEAR SOLID (PS)
15. SUIKODEN II (PS)
16. FINAL FANTASY IX (PS)
17. SUPER MARIO WORLD (S-NES)
18. AFTER BURNER II (GEN)
19. F-ZERO (S-NES)
20. DRAGON FORCE (SAT)

*takes a deep breath*

Tenjou
11-11-2002, 01:01 PM
Super Mario Brothers. ^_^ That's it.

Hungryjack
11-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
At the moment my life (or lack thereof) can be summed up with two words: SUIKODEN III.

I heard that game sucks.

Tea-chan
11-11-2002, 01:05 PM
Mm. I'm partial to QuakeIIIArena and Chrono Trigger and Sonic games.. :3

katchoo
11-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Right now my life is occupied by Kingdom Hearts, but my top faves currently are FFX *finally about to beat the game*, Super Monkey Ball, DOA3, Jet Grind Radio, and Mario Sunshine. Again these are the current faves I've been playing lately not my faves of all time. That list is probably too long and would take to much time to create. hehe
^_^

Rosiel
11-11-2002, 01:27 PM
> I heard that game sucks.

LOL Of course it does, it sucks your life away...
Right... Augustine? ;)

Alaria
11-11-2002, 02:00 PM
ara, Final Fantasy series, esp VI and VII, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Kingdom Hearts (ok, I'm a Squaresoft junkie!), Super Mario...all of them,really, but I love the ones on original Nintendo ^__^ , and LoDragoon (even though it ripped off alot of other RPGs...)

Celine
11-11-2002, 02:23 PM
I recently listed these. However, coming off the high of Nekocon: Skies of Arcadia! Suikoden series! FF9! FF Tactics! ^.^

And... YAY for two people listing Dragon Force!!!! YEAH!

Arc_The_Lad
11-11-2002, 03:54 PM
FF series, Chrono Cross and trigger, legend of dragoon, tekken, dragon warrior, Arc the Lad, Hoshigami, super mario rpg, Splatterhouse, and Shining Force.

There are lots more but I'm too lazy to type it.

Sakura
11-11-2002, 04:44 PM
There's too many to list! But... *points to avatar* Lunar Silver Star Story is my ultimate favorite game EVER... nothing can ever compare. Otherwise I'm a big fan of FFIV-X, Chrono Cross, Skies of Arcadia... basically any RPG I can get my hands on though ^^

aeva
11-11-2002, 05:05 PM
You should expect this by niw... Pokémon!! XD Just 'cause that's all I play [besides random games of Tekken tag at BSA]

TyJILDown
11-11-2002, 07:31 PM
1) Yo Noid! for NES Mosty people haven't heard of this one...had the Dominos pizza mascot in it...the card game was really fun for it!

2) Super Smash Bros. Melee for Gamecube I play the N64 version everyday when I go to school, but ya gotta love the new one, it has so much replay value.

3) Final Fantasy 7 for Playstation Do I need a reason?!?!

4) Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES One of the best installments of the Mario Bros. series! I love Tacooni Mario!

Michi
11-11-2002, 08:12 PM
- Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
- Chrono Cross (PSX)
- Super Mario Bros (NES)
- Super Mario Bros 2 (NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
- Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
- Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
- Final Fantasy VIII (PSX)
- Final Fantasy IX (PSX)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
- The King of Fighters '97 (NeoGeo)
- The King of Fighters '98 (NeoGeo/Dreamcast)
- The King of Fighters 2000 (NeoGeo) [of course the other KOFs too, but these three the most]
- Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
- ToeJam & Earl 2 (Genesis)
- Panel de Pon (SNES)
- Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
- Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time (N64)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX)
- Dragon Warrior VII (PSX)
- Wild Arms (PSX)

...meep. :3 and DDR & ParaPara games.. eee.

Recca-kun
11-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Xenogears, Xenogears, and more Xenogears. You get the idea. ;) #2-5 RPGs are in order: Grandia II, Chrono Trigger, Lunar 2, and Star Ocean 2. Right now I'm playing SO2 again while at school, finally playing Skies of Arcadia when at home, trying to play through a rom of SO1, and if I ever get a Japanese PS2 I'll see how far I can get in Xenosaga. ;)

Fighting game-wise I like King of Fighters best. I'm psyched about 2002 since I'll finally be able to use my dream team of K', Kula, and Chris/Orochi Chris. :D

And for good measure I'll throw in my favorites from the NES: Super Dodge Ball, River City Ransom, and Crash N the Boys Street Challenge. ;)

If anyone would be interested in a KoF group at Katsu or Otakon, or a Xeno group at Otakon please let me know. I'm planning to have Another K' for Katsu with the real thing at Otakon and then Bart at Otakon too, so it would be great to get more people together. :bigtu:

Mikagami
11-12-2002, 01:35 AM
I think I can limit my favorite game listing to a nice little top 10 of all-time....

1)Gunstar Heroes (Sega Genesis): This game is GODLY. Main reason I still keep my Genesis plugged up.
2)Rival Schools (PSX)/Project Justice (Dreamcast): Probably not the best fighter ever, but the one I have the most fun with.
3)Tecmo Super Bowl (NES/Genesis): Even though it's ancient, it still beats the heck out of the recent Madden and Gameday games. Besides, what other football games can you throw 90-yard bombs? =D
4)Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
5)Sonic the Hedgehog series, mainly Sonic 2 and Sonic CD
6)Final Fantasy VII (PSX): The game that got me started on RPG's
7)Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)
8)Dance Dance Revolution (PSX/Arcade)
9)Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
10)Final Fantasy IX (PSX)

Honorable Mention (okay, I lied....I can't keep with just 10)
Super Baseball 2020 (Genesis), Ridge Racer Type 4 (PSX), Legend of Legaia (PSX), The King of Fighters '96-'97 (arcade), Samurai Spirits series (arcade/Neo Geo/PSX/Genesis)

uhfhue
11-12-2002, 04:28 AM
FF all the Way,(except FF8, good idea, bad actions). The Best FF's were(speaking in japanese volumes) FFI (for skill), FFIV9 for music), FFVII ( for best concept). Best FPS goes to HALF-LIFE and Jedi Knight I.

psythe
11-12-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Celine
I recently listed these. However, coming off the high of Nekocon: Skies of Arcadia! Suikoden series! FF9! FF Tactics! ^.^

And... YAY for two people listing Dragon Force!!!! YEAH!

Go Celine, not many get with FF Tactics ^^;

Maryssa
11-12-2002, 10:18 AM
Mine are:

Beatmania IIDX
Chrono Trigger & Cross
Final Fantasy 6
Clash at Demonhead
The Sims =)

pookie-kun
11-12-2002, 10:32 PM
my faves aaaaare.

FFT
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
FF6
FF7
Planescape:Torment
Ultima Underworld

:]

Shadow Lady
11-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Some Squaresoft games. (Chrono Cross, FF7, FF9, FF10)
Tekken (kick ass!)
Okage (love the character designs)
Silent Hill (creepy ^_^)
Klonoa

Nine
11-13-2002, 07:03 AM
1) Para Para Paradise (PS2)
2) Final Fantasy X (PS2)
3) Super Mario Bros. 2 (Any System that this game was released too.. lol)
4) Bust a Groove 2 (PSX)
5) Soul Calibur (DC)

..yeah lol

Beramode
11-13-2002, 10:15 AM
Damn, limit it to five? O_O

Koudelka. Horrific battle engine, but it's all dark and gothy and bloody and they tried so hard ;_; the voice acting is excellent as well.

Guilty Gear X. High-resolution anime-style with a stylistic combat system. 'Nuff said.

Final Fantasy. More specifically, 6, 9, and X.

Seiken Densetsu 2, aka Secret of Mana. SD3 is okay, but it's just not as good for some reason...

Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore. I don't like 3, just because of the Xbox controller. :X

In general, RPGs and survival horror. Ogrebattle, Biohazard, Dino Crisis, Valkyrie Profile, etc... can't think of any other games I like right now.

and, weirdly enough for someone who hates most FPS games, I play Counterstrike. :X

I'm currently playing Magna Carta, which is okay but it doesn't exactly blow me out of the water. I'll install the War of Genesis games when I get bored of MC and report back, I guess. ^^;

Momoko
12-05-2002, 09:31 PM
My favorite game has to be either Final Fantasy VIII or IX. I'm working again on VIII...who doesn't love squaresoft games :D Dance Dance Revolution is also a lot of fun!

Tenshi
12-05-2002, 10:34 PM
+ The Final Fantasy series (specifically VI and VIII)
+ Tetris
+ Bust a Move/Groove
+ MarioKart (I'm more partial to the SNES one)
+ Illusion of Gaia. . .although it was so many years ago I don't remember what happened ^^;;. All I know is that it was cool.
+ Street Fighter II
+ Millions upon millions of NES games I have forgotten the names of ^_^.

Tifa
12-06-2002, 06:39 PM
Final Fantasy 7-10, XIII (Extreme G Racing 3; I dunno, actually..) and DDR =P I'm such a sad gamer..*doesn't play that much.. =--=*

Arc_The_Lad
12-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, Shining Force 2, Tenchu, Breath of Fire Series, and Chrono Cross.

Tifa
12-10-2002, 05:43 PM
I didn't like Chrono Cross..the story lost me soooo much, the number of characters killed me (because I hafta be absolutely perfect in each and every game I play, or I go crazy, so I haaaaaaaaaaaad to get every character..; x.x I am a total case of OCD..) and the music hurt my ears.. =--=

liz-maru
12-10-2002, 08:08 PM
im workin on metroid prime now and resident evil zero, but one of my fav games is definetly gitaroo man! oh and resident evils! XD

tamahomegurl
12-15-2002, 02:13 AM
whoa..crappers..what a brain buster!!!! @___@;;

here is my list in no particular order since they all kick so much bootay!! ^__- i LOVE, LOVE, FREAKIN LOVE RPGs and Survival Horror games!!

-resident evil series, final fantasy series, chrono trigger/cross,
kingdom hearts, lunar series, devil may cry series, xenogear/saga,
silent hill series, and zelda series (woot woot!!)

other misc ones include both grand theft auto games, and oh...metal gear series!! hehehhe..gotta love that one!!!! did i mention gran turismo 1-3? love them all too!

i'm a video game fiend.....and i'm proud to say i am one!!!!! hahhahha!!! *evil cackle*

Trunks61
12-15-2002, 02:20 AM
1. FF2-3 (FF 7-10 sucked the big donkey compared to them)
3. Suikoden
4. Suikoden 2
5. Bust a Groove (move jap) 2

Pool Cue Ronin
12-15-2002, 02:23 AM
I only saw GGX listed once.
HELL 2 U ALL
;_;

tamahomegurl
12-15-2002, 02:28 AM
oh...heheheh..i exceeded the 5 limit game rule....hahhhahaha!!

*shrugs* oh well..i'm indecisive anyway...

SohjiroX
12-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Hand me the RE set of games anytime, the best I love them, there not a true RPG at thought but they are close to it, and its going on line soon, and I like the FF series but I will be honest.....I played and finished 7, I watch 8 9 10 all the way through, well ten I saw half done and close to finish. What else phantasy star online, and I guess there's more but I rather not say I guess cause there dumb to some I think, wait mega man is one, the whole set of it to X7. heheheh ^ ^ thats my two cents

Chas
12-20-2002, 05:12 PM
SQUEE! YES! ToeJam & Earl 2 for Genesis is possibly the most hilarious game ever! You rock, Michi! X3

Ooh, Chas also likes FFIX, FFX, DOA 2 & 3, Silent Hill 2, Tekken 2-4, DDR 5th Mix, ParaPara Paradise, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Virtua Fighter 4, Anything Sonic, Devil May Cry, Super Smash Bros. Melee.... And I can't think of anymore. XD

KnuxieChan
12-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
Sonic Adventure 1-2 (DC)
Snatcher (SEGA CD)
All Sonic Games
Final Fantasy IX (PS)
Parasite Eve 1-2 (PS)
Legend of Mana (PS)
DarkStalkers series
Twinkle Star Sprites (SEGA Saturn)
Resident Evil Series