PDA

View Full Version : A chorus performance at Animenext?

Akezumante
02-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Original Message posted on the Otakuduet boards (and AnimeNEXT boards as well now) ... thus some references to other members are completely irrelevent.

Everyone, a few people on [the Otaku Duet boards] have come up with a wonderful idea! We all love the sounds of the otakuduet ... but in discussion we thought about all those lovely chorus songs ... You know what I'm talking about ... Liberi Fatali for instance.

We'd love to organize something of a chorusy setting ... even if it's just ten of us, and make a lovely arrangement and sing it. If anyone is interested, please post here! Also, if possible, list what range you are (IE --- Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) And also, when you plan on being at Animenext by. I don't even know when I'll be there, so if you don't know, don't worry.

Also, please say what kind of chorusy music you'd want to do ... Final Fantasy? If so, will you cosplay Final Fantasy? That would be an AMAZING skit to do! Some kind of medley even. Gah, I'm getting ahead of myself ... Even instrument players willing to get in on it ...

List all your information here! ^.^ XD

(Hehe, what do you think Lady Lulu, did I overdo it?)

(( I also plan on dedicating a site to this as well, so check back often to get the URL once I make it! ))

Official site -- www.otakuchoir.eternalcalm.net

ShoyesaiNoMiko
02-14-2004, 07:40 PM
yup, you got my info for this!

The Lord XL
02-14-2004, 08:19 PM
I think its a nice Idea! I once was in my school chorus for a good year. Ummmm I don't remember any musical terms, can somebody please refresh my mind?

I think this will grow to be a very intresting topic! I for one am interested :jjacks:

ShoyesaiNoMiko
02-14-2004, 08:26 PM
I posted you some info on the Anime NEXT boards about musical terms, Lord. Check there for details. XD Have fun!

Akezumante
02-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Woohooo! After we get enough people, we'll have to decide on a meeting place although I'll have to stress people go over their parts before hand. I also am going to start working on a dedicated sub-domain (ex: whatever.whatever.com ...) for this. :-) And then I'll post it in the FIRST part of the thread. Woohoo!

Akezumante
02-15-2004, 12:56 PM
I have created a sub-domain and have dubbed us the "Otaku Choir" ... It can be reached at www.otakuchoir.eternalcalm.net ... Although it will not be up and running for a day or two. There, you can sign up ... so that I can contact everyone by e-mail at once ... because forum AIM/MSN/Yahoo thingies for some reason don't work. On ANY forum.

ItsMeJT
02-16-2004, 01:21 AM
i'll be there every single day, and I love to sing, so I would gladly get involved in this, esp. if we do something from Final Fantasy.

ShoyesaiNoMiko
02-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Okeydokey everyone... I'm responsible for directing you to: http://www.fanplay.net/forums/index.php Join, and then go to the Perform with OtakuDuet forum, and then you'll see what it's all about! ^_^ It's a surprise!

The Lord XL
02-17-2004, 09:59 PM
How easy is it to sing in Japanese?

Akezumante
02-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Hmm in Japanese, it's pretty easy if you infact have the lyrics. Sometimes you'll like a Japanese song and be singing it and be singing the completely WRONG thing. :-p The hard thing about Japanese though is its quick pace ... and thus some people get really caught up in it ... Also, if you are simply "reading" lyrics and not looking at an actual sheet of music, it can be very confusing.

echocharlie
02-19-2004, 09:07 AM
How easy is it to sing in Japanese?

Can the people singing read kana? If you can, it's not too hard. Even if you can't, someone should be able to translate the lyrics into romaji (english transliteration).

One key difference is that a lot of songs will consider each kana in a word as a note. Like if you're saying the name Ranma, In english it would be Ran-ma (2 beats). But the Japanese will often sing it as Ra-n-ma (3 beats, because 'n' is a separate kana in Japanese). A word like Gaijin would sometimes be sung Ga-i-ji-n (4 beats, though it's a bad example since I can't think of any song with that word in it. But it's just an example.)

And then you have long vowels... like the Yugi in Fushigi Yugi is actually a long "U" in Japanese. It's sometimes translated as yuugi. You'd sing it yu-u-gi (3 beats). You can actually hear it sung this way at the end of the first season's theme song. Yeah, its strange, but once you get used to it, it's real easy to sing.

Chun Li
02-19-2004, 11:13 AM
hmm id concider it, what songs are they/you planing? just incase my costumes for animeNEXT are (as of now) Izumi Rio of Full Moon Wo Sagashite, and origonal Kodona design by my GF and a kodona mad hatter costume.

Akezumante
02-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Right now we're leaning towards Final Fantasy, but any suggestions will be seriously considered! Please visit the thread left up a few posts to the Otaku Duet boards where everyone interested is "gathering" ^.^

Otaku: The Gathering. :-p

Chun Li
02-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Ill use my blue yen to play "Countercosplay" XD
and sure ill do it. but can i make 2 suggestions "Hymn of the faith" of FFX and "Fake Wings" Of .hack//sign

ShoyesaiNoMiko
02-20-2004, 10:23 AM
We were very seriously planning Hymn of the Fayth, and I'll check out Fake Wings! ^_^ If you can find some sheet music of it, that would be awesome! Thank you for your suggestions!

Chun Li
02-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Um those links dont work at the top of the page.

The Lord XL
02-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Um those links dont work at the top of the page.

Thats because the site is not up yet :walkoff: