PDA

View Full Version : Pictures / where do you get your avatars?

stormystar
02-15-2004, 06:59 AM
I have a question...I don't know where this would go, so if it needs to be moved, just move it .......ANyway.....Some of you have great pictures on your avators.....and I've been wondering this for a while...do you have them professionaly done or just have a friend take them?

RHIshida
02-15-2004, 08:12 AM
If you have a question about the website, you can check "Site Help" on the forumlist. As for avatars, most people make them by themselves, or take them from a website. To do this most people use image editing programs such as Jasc's Paint Shop Pro and Adobe's Photoshop and sometimes even Microsoft's Paint program, or they copy the image from the website.

Yin
02-15-2004, 11:34 AM
I made mine my own.

http://homepage.mac.com/xidius/pictures/yinyin.jpg

:bigtu:

(Yeah I know what you meant. :rolleyes: )

- Yin-yin

Mink
02-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Depends. I dont know about any one else, but I just have my friends take my cosplay pics. Sometimes if I am at a con or a gathering I get pictures taken by people who I consider professional (Like Admin) but I dont go down to like, Sears and get them done.

Susumari
02-15-2004, 03:51 PM
i don't think no one has them professionally. but there's alot of good ppl that work on graphic programs (i use paint shop pro 7) the pictures they usually look for online and like them...use them. alot are just us cosplaying ^_^

jennekohan
02-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Just made my own, but I'm sure with people who have photos some get theirs professionaly done and others don't.

Kantaris
02-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Photoshop CS. Although my link pic looks like crap...

making the images is easy

PikminLink
03-01-2004, 12:30 PM
i made mine...when my dad took pics of my outfit..i found one i liked and decided to use as my avatar, then i resized, and edited, and added text in photoshop. You can make an avatar from any kind of picture, maybe you have a favorite game, or anime or movie, and you found a really nice picture from it, well you can use that pic as your avatar too, just crop, and change the size to the required size, or it can be smaller...but basically and avatar can be anything you like

i dont really see why anyone would have their avatar professionally done >_> ..

Gren
03-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Most Avatar pictures are just taken from regular pictures, taken by friends, family, etc. A few of them use pictures of themselves from cosplay.com But professionally? Noooo.

I still love me zombie. Never trading her in.

Bobbi
03-02-2004, 02:45 PM
I usually make my own, or I use a picture that I had a friend take for me. =) I took my current one with my digicam.

yuffieleonheart
03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
hehe ^^ just a pic taken from a convention and then i added the flower on it :3

trekkieb47
03-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Mine is a pic of me in costume. I just edited it in Photoshop. My years of going to graphic arts college paid off! >_<;;

Berry

dani
03-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Mine is a sample/composite of my gallery.

Dani

ZiggyB
03-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Ok, I think this topic has run it's course. You have many ways of making avatars, this topic is no longer Cosplay.com site help specific anymore.

I'm going to close the thread.